New-old player

Moderator: TFF Mods

Machiavellismx
Experienced
Experienced

New-old player

Post by Machiavellismx »

The subject says 'old' but I'm 24... anyway.

I played Bloodbowl in 08/09, but moving to University meant that stopped. So it's been five years, nearly six. That's incredible. I used to use this site back in the days when it was called TalkBloodBowl, before GW got all arsey with copyright. Logging into my old account and seeing messages from years ago was quite harrowing, but also kinda cool.

It's also great to see some familiar names around, and the community seems strong as ever. I remember playing the Werewolf/Mafia games here to, this site always had the best, so it's a shame to see that's a lot quieter now. I guess all good things come to an end. Tritex's one of the King Arthur and his maps and puzzles has always stuck in my memory as an amazing RP text game. I hope he's still about.

Back on topic, forgive the ramble. So I'm back into the game. Having a wargaming player at my work got me back into GW's Fantasy, and from there, over this last year, it's spiraled. Blood Bowl was always one of my favourite games for it's balance, quirkiness, and downright fun.

I guess I'm not a total newb, but after five years, I basically am. I can't remember what skills to take. I can't remember the rules really. I do remember turnovers suck and rerolls are awesome. I can remember in my old league my Chaos Dwarf being mauled by the crowds, ogre's launching halflings and Gutter Runners being slippery gits.

So, without writing a total essay; I just wanted to say hello, and looking forward to getting back into the game and community. Being a little bit older, hopefully a bit wiser, and also not being a teenager means I should be able to contribute a lot more. BloodBowl has always survived, in my memory at least, on the fantastic community that supports it, because GW sure as hell didn't. I hope to aid that where ever I can.

Oh, I should also say I live in the Manchester/Salford area. I know the Waterbowl league is in Stockport, I've messaged on those forums to. If anyone can point in the direction to go (maybe I should have said that first...) that would be a huge help.

For now, you stay classy Talk Fantasy Football.

It's great to be back.

Reason: ''
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Re: New-old player

Post by MattDakka »

Welcome back! :D
Do you play on FUMBBL?

Machiavellismx
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Machiavellismx »

forgive the late reply, and no I need to check out FUMBBL!

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Try it, it's a blast! :D