Hi, introducing myself

Moderator: TFF Mods

TomB
Rookie
Rookie

Hi, introducing myself

Post by TomB »

Hello everyone

Im a long time blood bowl player but I have only just joined this forum. I have been listening to a few blood bowl podcasts recently and that has pushed me away from my other games and back into blood bowl, which was my second love, after heroquest.

I started BB with 2nd ed., as a kid, and remember a few failed attempts trying to play with my dad using the 4 1 pose plastic teams I had. I got 3rd ed. as soon as it was released, and still have those plastic orcs now, although my brother doesnt have those humans anywhere. I then bought the skaven team and had quite a bit of success with them.

A few years later at uni i got a few people into BB, and I played a few games using chaos. This was when I first joined the NAF and still have the pinky purple lucky dice.

After that my next blood bowl trip saw me pick up pro elves and necromantic. I love that necromantic werewolf model so much i conviced a GM to play a warhammer fantasy roleplay campaign as undead, so I own 2. The necromantic team suits me and is my current main team although they have just been stripped and halfway through a repaint. The pro elves have 1 draw and lots of losses.

About a month ago I downloaded cyanide blood bowl, and my brother has me playing the team manager card game, so my interest is at its peak again for the time being.

Thanks for listening.

Reason: ''
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: Hi, introducing myself

Post by Heff »

Hi
Where are you? There may be a local league, if not try fummbl.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Hoping near Swindon ( just starting our new league season)

Also, keep hold of your lucky dice, they may be quite sought after if they are the rare NAF pink/purple ones...

And welcome.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

The more Necromancers the better!

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Hi, introducing myself

Post by voyagers_uk »

Welcome to the forum TomB

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
TomB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TomB »

I am from co. Durham, so not Swindon lol. I have googled up a Geordie blood bowl league and will get in contact with them. I also plan on joining 1 or 2 cyanide leagues but if I'm honest I'm not a big fan of the computer interface, and have lost games by little things like accidentally clicking end turn or not pressing blitz and pressing block instead. That being said the bonus is it let's you try out lots of different teams without having to buy models.

Thanks for the welcome guys

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

TomB wrote:t if I'm honest I'm not a big fan of the computer interface, and have lost games by little things like accidentally clicking end turn or not pressing blitz and pressing block instead.
This says Fumbbl to me :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

TomB wrote:t if I'm honest I'm not a big fan of the computer interface, and have lost games by little things like accidentally clicking end turn or not pressing blitz and pressing block instead.
I hate that. I've recently discovered that my win percentage is significantly higher on table top for one singular reason; a real-life, face to face opponent is much more forgiving of silly sequencing errors while the computer interface requires you to be perfect.

Sometimes a misclick on FUMBBL will cost you nothing. However, there are so many times that it costs you an "end turn" at a most inappropriate time and changes the entire flow of the game.

Welcome to the site TomB.

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Welcome Tom!

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup