Username change reconsidered

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dudegrip
Rookie
Rookie

Username change reconsidered

Post by Dudegrip »

I'd like to change my username from "EricK" to "Dudegrip."

I've read past posts and know that you CAN change usernames, but don't FEEL like it, and so you WON'T.

Here are some reasons I feel are valid that you should change your policy, not just for me, but for all Rookies who want to (at least once).

I joined TalkFantasyFootball.org four years ago just as I was getting interested in the game, not so much to participate in discussions, but because I wanted enhanced opportunities for research. Since then, and thanks in part to what I learned on this website, I've won two league championships, placed in two tournaments, and will be hosting my first NAF sponsored tournament next month. I'd like a username consistent with my NAF name and Blood Bowl website. I don't think that's so unreasonable a request.

Now I realize that there's a snarky unwillingness to let Stars and Legends change their usernames; they could be running some double-bluff trolling, or suffering from a mid-life crisis, but that's not my situation, nor is it the case of many Rookies who feel alienated or trapped with names like ABBA1976, which they chose late one night just because they wanted to search Skill Ups.

Please let Rookies change their usernames (at least once). It would validate their commitment to the game, and welcome them to the larger Blood Bowl community.

Reason: ''
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Username change reconsidered

Post by mzukerman »

I second this one. I'd like to bring my name in-line with my NAF username.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

User name changes aren't a problem, it just needs an Admin (not a Mod afaik) to have the time to do it, and we certainly don't want to go back down the route where people are changing their names regularly.

I don't think there's an option on this board for users to do it themselves.

For the record, I have changed a few names recently, but I won't have the chance this week.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Why not put the NAF name and link to the members page in the signature?
Something like this:

NAF Coach: Ren_Rew

Dudegrip
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dudegrip »

Darkson wrote:User name changes aren't a problem, it just needs an Admin (not a Mod afaik) to have the time to do it, and we certainly don't want to go back down the route where people are changing their names regularly.

For the record, I have changed a few names recently, but I won't have the chance this week.
So (off the record) is there a chance you or somebody else could change my username next week? And let me know?

Dudegrip
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dudegrip »

Dudegrip wrote:
Darkson wrote:User name changes aren't a problem, it just needs an Admin (not a Mod afaik) to have the time to do it, and we certainly don't want to go back down the route where people are changing their names regularly.

So (off the record) is there a chance you or somebody else could change my username next week? And let me know?
My heartfelt thanks to whomever changed my username. I will sacrifice two rotters to Nurgle in his honor. Already have, in fact :lol: