Starting a League in Montana... need help/advice starting

Moderator: TFF Mods

CaptSPenny
Rookie
Rookie

Starting a League in Montana... need help/advice starting

Post by CaptSPenny »

I just got the web domain under http://gorehillbloodbowl.com (there is a hill in Great Falls called Gore Hill... seemed fitting for a blood bowl league name.) hosted by Mercury VPS.

I wanna make my page look like http://www.ratcityrumble.com/rcbbl/index.php ... this was the league in Washington that i used to be apart of before moving back to Montana... Andy Brandt ran it and i hope he still does. Great guy by the way!!

Anyone who can help me start up a Majors League and Minor. Get Rules for League Posted (pretty much following Rat City Rules to the letter, as it ran so smooth when i was apart of that league) Pretty much i have no idea how to do any of this...

I really wanna get people into Blood Bowl, especially with the new tabletop release coming out soon and the hype right now is good...

Have read most of the instructions and well i don't understand what a few things are asking me to do for setting up the OBBLM page... never done this before, so the language might as well be foreign at times. Maybes i could pay someone to help me set it up? like with photos of my 4 month old corgi?? he is adoorbs and Tiny Tina approved!!!

Maybe someone can point me in the direction of a video tutorial or something visually helpful... I'm more of a visual kinda guy learning things anyways... looked around, but haven't really found much helpful, just video game tutorials and game play advice.

anyways, any help would be much appreciated and Montana would forever be a better place if more Blood Bowl was played in it... you can help make that happen... so vote *cough* i mean help me realize the dream of blood bowl in Montana through Gore Hill Blood Bowl... sure sure we could play without the database... but Rat City Rumble has me forever hooked on the concept of using it to manage a league.

Capt Spenny

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Starting a League in Montana... need help/advice startin

Post by Regash »

Looks like OLBBM, alright...
Probably need to speak to Shteve0, he's kind of an expert with that.

ImageShteve0!
Your advise is needed! :orc:

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Ha, thanks ;)

Welcome CaptSPenny.

First, I suggest upgrading to the naflm 1.0 version at http://www.thenaf.net/2016/06/naflm-off ... lease-1-0/. It moves a lot of functions to the front end, so you don't need to access core files to change this stuff, and comes with comprehensive screenshot based instructions. I can then send out CSS to change the look of your site from the admin menu.

It also plays really nice with my new project, theendzone.co. you can integrate your existing obblm site right into the league group ;) http://theendzone.co/groups/8-wbbl/info/2.html

Pretty much everything else you want to do is in those instructions Scott and I put together. If not, ask again here, I'll subscribe to this topic :)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
CaptSPenny
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Starting a League in Montana... need help/advice startin

Post by CaptSPenny »

I don't even know how to upgrade to naflm... i used a site called Mercury VPS and got their Obblm lite. not sure if i have to contact them to make changes or update anything... i really have no idea how to do even the basics...
Id be totally open to joining your new project the endzone.co or what not.
looked into the instructions and it says things like unzip the file to your webserver... or change your local php settings... im looking at any instructions and guides i can find...
Has anyone here used Mercury VPS? any pointers on how to change or update my domain from someone that perhaps already is using Mercury VPS?