returning from 2nd Edition!

Moderator: TFF Mods

matzusdog
Rookie
Rookie

returning from 2nd Edition!

Post by matzusdog »

Hello there,

previous Blood Bowl player here from back in the old days of 2nd Edition (I've still got my polystyrene Astro-Granite pitch somewhere...)

I've been enticed back into Blood Bowl (via Kill Team of all things), and I've been playing the PC version to get back into the rules etc and getting my head around Turnovers and Blocking Dice (which we never had in 2nd Edition).

I always loved Blood Bowl, my little circle of gaming mates used to organise tournaments and cups back in the day and had loads of fun with what is, in my opinion, one of GW's greatest ever games.

I'm based in Nottingham, and I can see a few people in my wider circle who play BB at Warhammer World, so I'm hoping to get some games in the New Year once I've painted up my girls, and getting back into it, maybe even entering a tournament!

I assume there's a decent local following, and wondering if there's a local league in Nottingham?

Anyway, just thought I'd drop a little introduction and hopefully I'll catch some of you for a game sometime.

Cheers,

Matt :D

Reason: ''
JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Re: returning from 2nd Edition!

Post by JetSwan »

Welcome! It's great to see someone returning to the game. ^.^
If you'd like to hear somone else being nostalgic for 2nd edition I'd highly recommended the Both Down podcast, you'll get some love for the old game, info on the current edition and some kindling to help the fire inside you for competitive play blaze. :)
It may be best to have a look on the Facebook Blood Bowl Community group for some local games, the NAF also has a tournament finder on the website.
I hope your return to the game is an enjoyable one, if you ever need help finding resources such as minis or accessories feel free to give me a PM and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: returning from 2nd Edition!

Post by sann0638 »

There's a Warhammer World league, I'm pretty sure, plus some other local action. Yep, as mentioned, head to the BB Community on FB (if you do that sort of thing) and you'll get loads of useful links.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler