Newbie... sorta... wth is with the cards???

Moderator: TFF Mods

tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Newbie... sorta... wth is with the cards???

Post by tommy316 »

Okay, I haven’t seriously played since 2nd ed. - I’ve followed along through most of 3rd ed., but have been away for the last 2-3 years... so I dropped the cash on 4th ed. And the 2 Almanacs... what’s up with the team cards and special play cards, ARE THEY NECESSARY?? Got a group of table Top gamers working with me now, so may get to play more regularly - thanks for any insight on the 4 ed. And nice to see $30 teams being produced - haha!

Reason: ''
tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Newbie... sorta... wth is with the cards???

Post by tommy316 »

And are the different pitches necessary? Or are the rules for playing in snow and at night, etc... in the Almanacs??

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Pitches and cards not necessary - some love them, some ignore them.

Welcome back!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

There is lots of stuff that is not necessary... stadiums, sponsorship, referees, new coaching staff, new wizards, new stars, pitch rules, cards. They allow those who want to have mountains of crazy stuff happen to live their dream. Alternatively you can just play a much more vanilla style with less room for the fickle finger of fate to pour down on your team.

Current 'full rules' for BB2016 (I think) are Rulebook from box, the card packs themselves, Almanac's 2017 (combining Death Zone 1 & 2) and 2018 (combining Spike 1, 2 & 3 and a couple of WD things) and Spike 4, think some of the pitch rules are covered in Almanacs not sure if all the pitches to date had the blurb on the back of the box reprinted in ones of these, I don't think they all have.

I love em both :D

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.