Returning Blood Bowl gamer in SE England

Moderator: TFF Mods

thatguylofty
Rookie
Rookie

Returning Blood Bowl gamer in SE England

Post by thatguylofty »

Hi all!

I've been browsing the site and had a good old read of things, and thought I'd make a little opener and introduce myself.

I'm Lofty, live in Chichester UK but currently working in the South Atlantic until Christmas. Used to play 3rd edition as a kid, and have recently made a comeback to the painting side of the hobby after 20 something years with the intent to learn the rules again and hopefully join a league and play a few tournaments when I get home. I've got a few teams on the go getting painted, Humans, Skaven, Dwarfs and Halflings, but will likely go with the Skaven to play as thats what I used to play with. Managed to get hold of the 6th edition box for a steal on *that* auction website, and recently had the Inaugural Almanac posted out, so slowly learning league procedures between brushstrokes.

I've also joined the NAF site also with the same username to try and find leagues and stuff in my area, so if you see me on there... It's me. Say hello, don't be shy!

Reason: ''
stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Returning Blood Bowl gamer in SE England

Post by stowelly »

Welcome. I realise it's short notice but this weekend is a fantastic tournament just down the road in bognor. viewtopic.php?f=59&t=45405

It's probablyy favourite of the year. Maybe that would be a good place for you to start again?

thatguylofty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thatguylofty »

Yes, I have seen Thrudball on my radar- Sadly I'm 8,000 milles away, and as much as I'd like recognition for "Furthest Travelled" it's a bit unrealistic for work to allow! 2020 will be my year, I'll definitely be around then. Fingers crossed with a better understanding of the game and a little more experience playing.

stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

It's worth contacting the guy who runs it anyway. I believe he participates in leagues in Bognor and Portsmouth, so should be a good start!

thatguylofty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thatguylofty »

I certainly will be, I know of him through this forum and NAF, as well as seeing him post on facebook groups- I think our wives are friends, so should be an easy intro!

Thanks for the warm welcome

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

thatguylofty wrote:I certainly will be, I know of him through this forum and NAF, as well as seeing him post on facebook groups- I think our wives are friends, so should be an easy intro!

Hope to see you and Mrs Lofty at Thrud next year then!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
thatguylofty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thatguylofty »

sann0638 wrote:
thatguylofty wrote:I certainly will be, I know of him through this forum and NAF, as well as seeing him post on facebook groups- I think our wives are friends, so should be an easy intro!

Hope to see you and Mrs Lofty at Thrud next year then!
That's certainly my plan- Enjoy this weekend!