Do Completed Handoffs count as completions

Moderator: TFF Mods

Cephme
Experienced
Experienced

Do Completed Handoffs count as completions

Post by Cephme »

There was great debate in our league about this one. What is the general feeling on it?

Reason: ''
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

They do not. You're not rolling to make an accurate pass.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Only accurate passes. Hand offs don't count.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Cephme
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cephme »

That was what I was arguing, but others disagreed. As such some teams awarded themselves SPPs for this while others did not. It was our first league and due to that and some other rules issues we ran in to I am going to suggest everyone start a new team with these items resolved.

:evil:

ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Tampa, FL (I USED to be able to see Galak in the distance!)

Post by ZanzerTem »

I recommend documenting all known issues and getting them resolved PRIOR to starting over. Otherwise, you could end up having to restart again.

Afterwards, remember that you don't have to follow the rulebook to the letter (if thats even possible :roll: ). What the commish decides is the way thing work. If you want to award SPP's for handoffs, more power to you. If they don't like it, tough. :wink:

NAF # 581
Commish of the ABBL, Tampa Bay's premier BloodBowl League!
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

A Handoff is actually a Catch, not a Pass. If you keep that in mind it makes more sense.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

I think the wording makes it problematic. Somewhere, if I can recall it corecct it is stated:
Roll for the Hand Off as if the player has to attempt to catch a accurate pass.
A player in our league played it that way and did not want to play a other way. He left the league after the majority voted him out. :( was a good opponent.

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

seems a bit rough to kick a guy out of the league for a rules dispute. eek!

Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Well he's a bit of an arse for refusing to follow the house rules once they've been decided.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

If everybody wants to play it one way and just one person wants to play it his (incorrect) way and no other, that's his problem, it shouldn't be everybody else's problem.

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Arkan
Veteran
Veteran

Accurate Pass

Post by Arkan »

Just accurate passes, or also passes that gt back to the catcher and are caught correctly or with a diving tackle?

I thought as long as the ball is caught before touching the ground (so no bounces) it is a completion.

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

A pass needs to be made before a completion is given. A hand-off is NOT a pass

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Accurate Pass

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Arkan wrote:Just accurate passes, or also passes that gt back to the catcher and are caught correctly or with a diving tackle?

I thought as long as the ball is caught before touching the ground (so no bounces) it is a completion.
In order to count for a completion you need 3 things:

1) A Pass action was declared to start it (NOT a handoff action)
2) The Pass roll must be accurate (not inaccurate)
3) When the ball COMES TO REST (and this includes it bouncing and touching the ground and/or crowd) someone from the passer's team other than the thower has the ball.

If you read the section of the LRB carefully this is definitely spelled out ... I did a full dissection on bloodbowl.net to prove this out already.

That said ... getting rid of all references to passing in the Hand-off description is already on the BBRC 2003 Rules Review Hot List.

Galak

MatB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MatB »

Most of the old leagues I played in counted it, the hand off rules dscribed it as a type of pass, and we figured as you had to go to all the effort of getting the ball (which is normally the hardest part), you ought to get something.

Possible a fall back from the 2nd edition 'possession' points I suppose.

Our new league doesn't count it though, I was told I was wrong by the guy I told to run it, and I try and avoid arguing with the people who volunteer to do the work :P

Still think that you should get something for grabbing the ball in unfriendly circumstances, but can't figure out what...

Mat Bowles
CountVampiro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CountVampiro »

no

CountVampiro sighing out! LATERZ *bite*