1st tournie - Skaven

Moderator: TFF Mods

Cool Hand Fluke
Veteran
Veteran

1st tournie - Skaven

Post by Cool Hand Fluke »

Hi. I'm new to BB but i'm totally hooked! Played 4 games so far in a league and i've won more than i've lost. Been reading this site for tips otherwise i'd have been stuffed.

I've agreed to have a go in the WPS team tournie in Nottingham next month. Decided to leave out the Rat Ogre as he's too unpredictable. My team is:

StV (x2)
GuRn (x3)
Th (x2)
Ln (x7)
RR (x3)
FF (x1)

I should mention that we're playing 5 games. Team re-sets at the end of each game but fatalities/serious injuries lose their skills. You still rolls for skills etc but you allocate these to your team. Undecided whether to swap a couple of Linerats for another Runner.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated

Reason: ''
Darren Woodward
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Don't play Skaven. Under WPS rules any casualties lose any extra skills. So an apoth is better than a 12th player.

Even so, I'd recommend you do take the Rat Ogre, you can give him Block after the 1st game so you've got 4 games with him being reliable. You'll need the strength to break up Orc teams with 4 Blocking BOBs.

So I think I'd be tempted by

5 Line rats
2 Throwers
2 Storm Vermin
2 Gutter Runners
1 Rat Ogre
Apoth
1 FF
3 TRR

That gives a spare player, an apoth and plenty of muscle. Progression - Block on the Rat Ogre, Kick on a line rat, Block on GRs, Guard or Tackle on the SV.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

That sounds good too me

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Cool Hand Fluke
Veteran
Veteran

1st tournie - Skaven

Thanks fellas

Darren Woodward
Cool Hand Fluke
Veteran
Veteran

Tomorrows the big day. Ist tournie ever. 5 games over 2 days plus excessive drinking and a curry. Did i mention the Poker night.

And a bank holiday to get over it 8)

Darren Woodward