Concession question

Moderator: TFF Mods

hipandkneedoc
Rookie
Rookie

Concession question

Post by hipandkneedoc »

If a team doesn't have three healthy players to put on the line, must they concede?

Also, if this happens, does the other team get the extra MVP and the "double" cash reward for having his opponent concede? I know this happens if the conession is before the game, but what if it is DURING the game like in my first question?

Thanks in advance....

Reason: ''
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

It's not in the rules. I don't ever force someone to conceed. If you have 3 players, you must put them on the line but, if you only have 2, 1, or none, I think that's alright too. Allowing your opponent to score may get you back in the game by allowing KOs to recover or whatever.

The other answer is yes, I believe they do get the cash and your MVP.

Have fun!
Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

From the LBR, pg 45 ~
"CONCEDING
If one coach concedes the match then the winner gains all of the loser’s money (from the game’s gate) and his MVP, and may add +2 to his Fan Factor roll. In addition, the loser automatically loses one Fan Factor and may not roll for a new one, and any players in the loser’s team that have 51 SPPs or more will leave the team on a D6 roll of 1-3. Roll separately for each player with 51 or more SPPs to see if they leave."

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
boondog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by boondog »

Hmmm. IMO, a player MUST put at least three players on the line of Scrimmage. If his team is reduced to less than three players before a kick-off, the ref should end the match and send the survivors home. The result at that time is the end result (usually, the much reduced side will be trailing). No-one concedes, the match is abandoned.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

thats your opinion but its not the rules ;]

Talafar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talafar »

I dont think the rules say one way or another, but my opinion is this.
After a team has been beaten down to the stage they cannot set up 3 players, I dont think its fair to nick their money too. However, it is interesting to give bashy teams an alternate avenue to victory. So, perhaps if the rule was that they must concede if unable to setup the 3 on the line, BUT they dont get any of the normal penalties. (- FF, -MVP, -Winnings, -best players...)

Talafar

If one piece of bad luck will lose you the game, you do not deserve to win it
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

the rulebook doesn't say but the rules review did and you only have to set up 3 players

roysorlie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by roysorlie »

Unless the rules specify the fact that you have to concede (and they don't) then you stay in the game. When the rules say you must set up at least three players on the LoS, that must obviously be if you in fact have three players.

Besides, I've had only 2 line elves (woddie) left standing on the pitch, against an undead team with 80 more TR, managed to get the ball, hand it off, blitz my way through the LOS, make 2 GFI's and manage to score, to win the game.

:lol:

Priceless.

So I'd hardly say you have no chance at all. In fact, those two, 0 SPP line elves, performed quite admirably :)

Needless to say, my opposing coach nearly had an apoplectic episode. Hehe.

Roy

Norwegian National Tournament Organizer.

Coachname [url=http://fumbbl.com/~SnakeEyes]SnakeEyes[/url] on [url=http://fumbbl.com/]fumbbl.com[/url]
NAF member 187
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

roysorlie wrote: Besides, I've had only 2 line elves (woddie) left standing on the pitch, against an undead team with 80 more TR, managed to get the ball, hand it off, blitz my way through the LOS, make 2 GFI's and manage to score, to win the game.
yeah, i've done the same thing, but I was dark elves, again vs. undead tho (what's up with that?). i kicked off to them and scored...blitzer threw to thrower in the end zone after rolling a blitz. i know that sounds backwards but it was the only way to do it for whatever reason (don't ask now it's been too long ago)

my opponent was unthrilled.