Starting line

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lampreia
Rookie
Rookie

Starting line

Post by Lampreia »

I've a Dark elf team and a Norse team....the first for the champeonat and the cup (in witch was already eliminated by lizards) and the second one has eliminated a goblin team.

The dark elf team started with 2 blitzers an 10 linemen...do you think it's a good idea ???

The norse team started with 1 ogre, 3 blitzers 1 catcher, 1 thrower and 6 linemen...do you think it is good ???

Now I've a dead linemem in my Dark Elf team and I bought an apotechary, it's to late to save the dead guy, but I think others will die eventually...

Best regards

JL

Reason: ''
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

i think elves are too expensive to start with 12 players, but you are right in going with mostly line elves. My fear is that to get the 12th player, you've shot your fan factor, which is actually VERY important in league play, especially for elves.

Higher fan factor = higher gate = bigger winnings mod = more money! Plus, it helps protect you from nasty FF-related random events, like pitch invasion or get the ref.

The way I recommend starting dark elves is:
1 blitzer
10 line
2rr
9ff
10k treas.

i know it seems odd to have leftover treasury, but just think of it as a 20% down payment on your apothecary. :)

If you were particularly brave you could do all line elves. That would give you:
11 line
3rr
8ff

that extra reroll is nice for long-term team growth. Only problem is you're starting with no position players at all. :o Up to you.

Veteran

Post by veron »

wesleytj wrote: If you were particularly brave you could do all line elves. That would give you:
11 line
3rr
8ff
Yep, I would suggest this one also. I'd say the previous roster was more braver than this one. You can never have enough Re-rolls when playing with Elves.

Lampreia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lampreia »

And about the norse......does someone know the team to help me with it...???

Best

JL

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I normally start with:

3 Blitzers
1 Thrower
2 Catchers
5 Linemen

and either

3 RR, 9 FF or
2 RR, 9 FF, apoth and 10k bank

depending on how lucky I'm feeling

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Arkan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arkan »

I started with the Mino, for fun, and two catchers and thrower. One Blitzer or two. I am not sure. I thought it would die right away, but it was actually doing not too bad. The block skill helps in the beginning. Not sure how well they will develop though. They didn't get a lot of development, even though they have a 4 - 2 record I think.

StillGas
Experienced
Experienced

Post by StillGas »

I too started with mino. I just like the mini and am fed up with all these ogres popping up all over the place!

1 mino
1 blitzer
7 linemen
1 thrower
2 catchers

1 apo
ff7
2rr

It's a bit light on the rerolls but I decided I didn't care as I always seem to roll 2, then 1 anyway! :lol:
That's if the Minotaur doesn't get double skulls....again! :roll:

Nuffle Sucks!

Novice Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I always take the mino as well, just don't start with it.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

An alternative to the all line-elf lineup is:

2 blitzers
9 line-elves
2 re-rolls
7 FF

Having started both sorts of dark elf, I think I would usually go for this one. You'll need to increase the number of RRs as you progress but then at least you have two players with Block and higher movement earlier on also. (With 11 line-elves you spend your time saving up for blitzers, with my lineup you save up for RRs... not much difference really!)

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle