N00b here!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shift81
Rookie
Rookie

N00b here!

Post by Shift81 »

Hey folks. Just wanted to say hi. Recently got involved in Blood Bowl, and hope to pick up the actual board game this week if I can get out to my FLGS. So far I've been playing a few games with a friend via a PBEM client I found on www.thenaf.net.

Nice to meet you all. Anything special I should know about this place? Hostile natives or anything? :wink:

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hi, and welcome.

Watch out for Toby, he doesn't like it when you disagree with him. :wink:
Zombie can come across a bit strong sometimes, but don't take it to heart. :wink:

And watch out for Darkson, he's mad you know! :wink:
BWAH HAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!/

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shift81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shift81 »

:D Ok I think I can handle that. Thanks for giving me the lay of the land. Here's a question. I want to get friends interested in blood bowl? Any tips on how to do so?

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

travel to different countries to play it and that soon gets them asking questions ;]

or when they come round and see the figs all over the place and ask what they are for

Devante
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Devante »

there is an initiation test however, you must buy the latest team released for every member who replies to your first ever thread, unfortunatly for you the latest is an ogre team. Can you please make sure the ogre throwing the goblin is included when you send mine, thanks :lol:

That'll Learn Ya !!!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Nice try.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

I want to get friends interested in blood bowl? Any tips on how to do so?
Demo games a re the best way to get people hooked I've found. If you have a GW or hobby store, see if they will let you do a demo game night. Or if you have a gaming convention, running demo tables is great too. we did something similar at Games Day last year and it was a huge success.

Anthony

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Shift81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shift81 »

Devante wrote:there is an initiation test however, you must buy the latest team released for every member who replies to your first ever thread, unfortunatly for you the latest is an ogre team. Can you please make sure the ogre throwing the goblin is included when you send mine, thanks :lol:
Righto. I can probably find some loose change in my couch cushions. :wink:

Thanks for the tips folks. My gaming group is made up of warhammer 40k fanatics, I'm hoping I can get them to take a night off every now and then so we can run a Blood Bowl league. I think it'd be a lot of fun.

This brings up my next question: PBeM leagues. Whats the story on them? Are there certain large ones out there that are always running? Are there pick-up leagues that people just start? It seems like a great way to get a little more Blood Bowl action, but I really know nothing about the existing Blood Bowl scene.

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

there is an initiation test however, you must buy the latest team released for every member who replies to your first ever thread, unfortunatly for you the latest is an ogre team.
Will you just saved me some money. :D
This brings up my next question: PBeM leagues. Whats the story on them? Are there certain large ones out there that are always running?
I'm sure Galak would love to answer this but I beat him to it. Check out the MBBL and the MBBL2 at Blood-Bowl.net
While you are there you should read as much as you can of the website that is IMO the single best source for BB info.

ImageImage
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Or check out the REBBL challenge league, running (almost) straight LRB.

http://www.rebbl.com/Challenge/challenge.htm

Or the, iirc, oldest PBeM league out there, the PBeMBBL

http://www.pbembbl.org/index.php

Oh, and in case you haven't got it, link to Galak's site

http://www.midgardbb.com/

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shift81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shift81 »

Great. Thanks folks, you've been real helpful. I've been poring over blood-bowl.net for a little while now. I need to get the other PBEM client, as I've only used Javabowl so far. I'll be checking out those leagues!