COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

Moderator: TFF Mods

romolus
Rookie
Rookie

COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

Post by romolus »

JUST WONDERING IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT.THE LRB STATES THAT A PLAYER CAN ONLY USE ONE SKILL PER ACTION,THEREFORE CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH OF THESE CAN BE DONE;

A PLAYER WITH DODGE IS KNOCKED DOWN BY SOMEONE WITH TACKLE CAN THEY USE MB TO ADD TO THE ARMOUR/INJURY ROLL

A PLAYER USES DODGE TO RE-ROLL A FAIL HE THEN FAILS A SECOND DODGE CAN HE USE PRO TO RE-ROLL THAT

A PLAYER USES CATCH TO RECIEVE A PASS THEN DODGE TO GET AWAY

IMO ONLY THE THIRD ONE CAN BE DONE AS CATCH IS NOT USED DURING HIS ACTION.

FINALLY A LONG TIME AGO ELVEN AND DWARVEN TEAMS STARTED WITH A BONUS RE-ROLL DOES THIS STILL APPLY

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

Reason: ''
Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

Post by Agentrock »

A PLAYER WITH DODGE IS KNOCKED DOWN BY SOMEONE WITH TACKLE CAN THEY USE MB TO ADD TO THE ARMOUR/INJURY ROLL
Yes, MB can be used. Think of the block using Tackle and the armor/injuries rolls using MB as separate rolls. Note also that MB can only be applied to armor OR injury, not both.
A PLAYER USES DODGE TO RE-ROLL A FAIL HE THEN FAILS A SECOND DODGE CAN HE USE PRO TO RE-ROLL THAT
No, I'm pretty sure that you can only attemp to reroll a failed action once. Now, if you are talking about two separate dodges (for instance in your example if the first failed dodge was successful after the Dodge skill was used and then the player had to dodge again later in their movement) then I believe Pro or a Team Reroll can be used.
A PLAYER USES CATCH TO RECIEVE A PASS THEN DODGE TO GET AWAY
Yes and Yes
FINALLY A LONG TIME AGO ELVEN AND DWARVEN TEAMS STARTED WITH A BONUS RE-ROLL DOES THIS STILL APPLY
Nope

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Romolus, why are you SHOUTING all the way? :wink:

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Re: COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

Post by DoubleSkulls »

First of all CAPITALS is generally considered to be shouting - and therefore rude. Don't do it, unless you mean to.
romolus wrote:JUST WONDERING IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT.THE LRB STATES THAT A PLAYER CAN ONLY USE ONE SKILL PER ACTION,THEREFORE CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH OF THESE CAN BE DONE;
Not quite - its each skill once per action. So you can use any number of skills, but each one only once. This only really effects skills like dodge and leap. Also it doesn't apply to traits.
romolus wrote:A PLAYER WITH DODGE IS KNOCKED DOWN BY SOMEONE WITH TACKLE CAN THEY USE MB TO ADD TO THE ARMOUR/INJURY ROLL
Yes if it was part of a block. If its a failed dodge, then no.
romolus wrote:A PLAYER USES DODGE TO RE-ROLL A FAIL HE THEN FAILS A SECOND DODGE CAN HE USE PRO TO RE-ROLL THAT
Yes so long is its a different dodge (he can use a team reroll too).
romolus wrote:A PLAYER USES CATCH TO RECIEVE A PASS THEN DODGE TO GET AWAY
Yes
romolus wrote:FINALLY A LONG TIME AGO ELVEN AND DWARVEN TEAMS STARTED WITH A BONUS RE-ROLL DOES THIS STILL APPLY
No, this from the "gold" rules that no longer apply. The full rules (The Living Rule Book or LRB) are available from http://www.bloodbowl.com. If its not there its not an official rule.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
romolus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by romolus »

Sorry about the shouting.With the skills I thought it was one per action so if tackle was used you could not use mb.

Not that I am complaining my chaos dwarf team has 5 players with tackle and mb so am quite happy with that.

roysorlie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by roysorlie »

Welcome to the forum.
Always nice to see new people.

Word of advice. Whenever you have an opinion about anything, like ogre's for dwarfs, or something about the agins system, or think that team whatever is overpowered or something, run a search, and see if it hasn't already been debated. Most issues have been debated over and over, and over a few times more. No need to flog a dead horse ;)

Also, most people on this chat have their own ideas about everything, and people don't often agree to any concencus. So don't take it personally when any ideas you have get brutally slaughtered. No hard feelings involved, I assure you.

Hehe, if you want some examples, check out any number of Toby posts, and you'll catch my drift. :lol:

Toby's a good guy, most of the time, but.. oh, you'll see if you take a look through his posts. (An Toby, if you're reading, no offence intended of course) 8)

Well, that's my little speech.

Cheers

Roy

Norwegian National Tournament Organizer.

Coachname [url=http://fumbbl.com/~SnakeEyes]SnakeEyes[/url] on [url=http://fumbbl.com/]fumbbl.com[/url]
NAF member 187
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

romolus wrote:Sorry about the shouting.
Its not a problem, and welcome to the forum.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams