Team Ratings and how it's affected by Freebies

Moderator: TFF Mods

The 7th Duke
Experienced
Experienced

Team Ratings and how it's affected by Freebies

Post by The 7th Duke »

This is probably gonna sound like a really dumb question - but it seems nobody really knows the answer for sure.

Do freebies like Team Rerolls, Retired players joining the Coaching staff and the like affect your Team Rating in any way? After all, your Team Rating is calculated using the cost of the team, but these bits and pieces are costing you nothing.... :oops:

Reason: ''
We are all entitled to be stupid every now and then -
A pity so many people abuse the privilege...
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

free team rerolls? where?

TR is influenced by total cost of team; this includes assistant coaches, both those acquired by retiring players and those bought.

If you buy new RR, they are included in the TR, but only for the value a RR costs when creating a team, so for instance when playing Dwarfs, a RR normally (when creating a team) costs 40,000, during the league it costs 80,000, but still it only adds 4 points of TR

Hope this helps

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
The 7th Duke
Experienced
Experienced

Post by The 7th Duke »

I knew I'd be hearing from you sometime Redfang... :wink:
free team rerolls? where?
- I was speaking hyperthetically - I'm busy building a Team Manager-type spreadsheet for Da Leeg here in SA, and I wanna get all my facts straight (it's a right pain in the ass when you've gotta go back and make changes to all those formulas... :cry: )

So keep an eye out - I might be posing quite a few more DUMB questions... All input is greatly appreciated (and, yeah - I know you can download Halfling Scribe guys, but I'm having fun building my own... :lol: )

Anyways - thanks Redfang, your opinion is always valued.

We are all entitled to be stupid every now and then -
A pity so many people abuse the privilege...
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Retiring a player to an assistant coach lowers your TR by the cost of the player, and raises it by 1 for the coach.

EG, Human Lineman (50k) retires, reducing the TR by 5, and becomes a coach for +1 TR, for a net loss of -4.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

when can a player retire and become an asistand coach ??

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

it's written somewhere in the rules for league play ( I think). Whenever you retire a player you can use him as an assisstant coach instead. Just the usual way most older football players go in reality :D

Pitch Dark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pitch Dark »

Unless if you where refering to the leader skill, wich dosent affect your TR. :)