Sequence Q (stupid and irritating)

Moderator: TFF Mods

bitMonkey
Rookie
Rookie

Sequence Q (stupid and irritating)

Post by bitMonkey »

Well, you've been warned. :)

My Q is about the sequence of play. You're supposed to declare what action the player wants to perform before he attempts it. Fair enough. If he wants to move his full MA and then pass he declares a Pass action before he moves an inch (or mm). Now, what if he wants to pick up the ball and then pass it? Does he declare a Pass action before he attempts to pick it up, or after he has succeeded? Seems a little silly to declare a Pass action when he doesn't even have possession of the ball. How do you guys play it?

/ "Sticky Sticky Shoe"

Reason: ''
"Biologically speaking, if something bites you, it is more likely to be female." - Desmond Morris
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Yes, you declare before.
But, i dont really care if somebody forget , i allow him anyway.
i prefer seeing that has something nice for your opponent to declare what you are going to do.
There is only one case which it must be said: when you try to do an action with a 'bonehead/very stupid' player, cos if you mist the negatrait, then the action is lost!

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

If you want to play 100% by the book you have to:

activate a player, announcing what action he wants to do (Move, Block, Blitz, Pass, Foul or activate Secret Weapon), in the case of a pass you move him around, pick up the ball, dodge and after stoping to move you can try your pass.

95% of the people do not make it that way, except when moving Bonehead/Really stupid player (as Longshot pointed out)

Another occasion where I ask the opposing coach if he intends to pass or foul (whatever action where you can move beforehand) is when he dodges out of TZ with players who have Diving Tackle or Shadowing, so that I can make up my mind if it's worth stopping them. So, you may ask the opposing coach what action his moving player will do, and he has to asnwer you.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I never play it where you declare every single thing the player is going to do beforehand (dodge, pickup ball, etc). Obviously, you will state these things when you are going to make the roll on the dice, but I don't think you need to get too anal about the whole declare action stuff. The only stuff you really need to declare beforehand IMO is blitz, pass, and foul, though I wouldn't get to hung up over foul, but the other two definately need to be declared before moving.

GO STAMPEDERS!
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Torg wrote:I never play it where you declare every single thing the player is going to do beforehand (dodge, pickup ball, etc). Obviously, you will state these things when you are going to make the roll on the dice, but I don't think you need to get too anal about the whole declare action stuff. The only stuff you really need to declare beforehand IMO is blitz, pass, and foul, though I wouldn't get to hung up over foul, but the other two definately need to be declared before moving.
Actually, you just have to declare Blitz, pass amd foul beforehand bc the rest (dodge/pick-up) are not considered to be actions in the rules. :wink:

Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

Blitz is the only one that is really important to the game though because as there is only one ball only one player is elegible for the pass anyway.

Also don't forget that handoff is an action now as well.

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

There's a discussion on this here:
viewtopic.php?t=3324&highlight=declarations

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

narkotic wrote:
Torg wrote:The only stuff you really need to declare beforehand IMO is blitz, pass, and foul.
Actually, you just have to declare Blitz, pass amd foul beforehand bc the rest (dodge/pick-up) are not considered to be actions in the rules. :wink:
I think that's what I said in my post, didn't you read it? :-?

GO STAMPEDERS!
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Sorry, I was nitpicking bc I had the impression you meant that in your opinion it's only important to declare blitz, pass and foul bc the rest is not important and I tried to be a clever dick by saying that the rest has not to be announced anyway rulewise. Sorry. We are saying the same thing actually... :smoking:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

are all playing Orcs?

you forgot the handoff action!!

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Except Munkey :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.