Which race/team do you dislike/hate the most?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Which race/team do you dislike/hate the most?

Chaos
6%
Dwarf (or Chaos Dwarf)
27%
Elf (Dark Elf, High Elf or Wood Elf)
22%
Goblin
1%
Human (Amazon, Human or Norse)
7%
Lizardmen
8%
Orc
5%
Skaven
5%
Undead
14%
Other (?)
4%

Total votes: 154

Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

I voted for elves.

Damn elves make me mad...

:pissed:

Reason: ''

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
berserker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by berserker »

I took the question as wich team do you dislike to play with, so I voted Chaos. I find them dull and wouldn't like to take them in a league as making them evolve seem boring, unless you're good at rolling doubles.

If you ask wich team do you dislike to play against I'll say dwarfs (orcs come close as I always seem to lose or draw against them...)

To the question wich team doesn't like me, Skaven is the obvious answer, I played 2 games with them, in the first a gutter runner died while performing a 2+ dodge and in the second a GR died while performing a GFI (and my opponent got 5 cas out of his first 8 blocks without any special skill to achieve that other than a few block...)

"Light travels faster then sound."
Is this the reason why some people look bright until they start communicating ?
DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Elves v Orcs

Post by DesTroy »

This is a late reply, my apologies...

Aussie, you stated that using elves v orcs wasn't Blood Bowl but a wholesale slaughter.

What the :evil: else is Blood Bowl supposed to be? :D

---troy
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img] [b]NBA Novice Heretic[/b]
As renowned bard Bruce Slannstein said, "Blind faith - in anyone or anything - will get your ogre killed."
Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Fronko »

A pleasant way of humiliating your opponent by outscoring him 5 - 1, while not allowing him to go up in casualty count. :)
Is that, what you meant? :smoking:

[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img]

Official wesleytj fan.
Aussie
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Aussie »

Blood Bowl when you play as a weaker team is all about the challenge of getting to the end of the match with a team and beating him with superior tactics. i first played bb as chaos but then found it was to boring and moved to orc to have a novelty of a chucker, now im playing with elves as i find it more fun. it is more interesting when you romp away with games and a silly score lin but you always have that fear that if you fail one action you team is in deep dodo. i beat a chaos team 6-1, i was winning 4-0 at half time but suffered 6 casulties which was very unfunny then i went on to lose 2 games on the trot due to lack of players. next team im thinking of starting is a big guy ogre team from the annual. so i can have gobos and ogres pure fun. i just wish i could have a kroxigor big guy team with skinks. :)

Laughing hysterically at your opponent's turnover suddenly increases the odds of you failing your first action by 100%
Sushé Wakka
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Sushé Wakka »

I voted elves, mainly because of the irrational hatred I've developed towards them. It has nothing to do with Blood Bowl. It came from my time as a Game Master of The Lord Of The Rings Roleplaying Game. I saw how the character creation section was completely unbalanced, making the Noldor a no-brainer choice: All the stats were improved, they started with more skills than any other kind of creature and they had only two Background points, thus making the creation of a character basically copying from the book a player sheet. That annoyed me so much that a deep hatred towards the elvenkind grew inside of me. The only elves I still tolerate are the wood elves, just because you can actually make the character for yourself (instead of having it done). Oh, did I mention that I hate half-elves too?

Sushé, the elfhater
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

DWARVES :pissed:

Every game i have ever played against Dwarves of any kind i have had victory stollen from me at the last minute!
I hate em, i hate em, i hate em, i hate em, I HATE EM!!!!!

Elves i dont actually mind (i used to hate em but found out that under that fast dodgey shell is a squishy middle). I played a Wood Elf team the other day in our league and won 3-1 and caused 4 casualties (inc the death of a war dancer) useing Norse.

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Victula
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Victula »

i really hate dwarves and love the chaos dwarf teams (beacause the bull centaurs are so great )

GO ELFS GO!!!!!!!!!

Never underestimate the power of overwhelming stupidity in overwhelming numbers.
Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

I voted humans, I love the basic humans but the Norse\Amazons are a bit too generic for my tastes.

If they are going to have that many position players I would like to see a bit of difference between them. My Amazon team lasted one game before I became bored of them!

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I have nothing against Dark or High elves...its just Wood Elves. You know the reasons.

I'm trying Chaos in RABBL and they're not as much fun as I remember them once being. Might be because I keep losing players in droves.

Skinks with AG bonuses are possibly the most intensely annoying players around. though. "Hah...I dodge straight through three tackle zones on 2+ with a reroll!"

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
MickeX
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MickeX »

Dwarfs really disturb me - especially all that tackle. It makes for strenge matches against especially 'zons & stunty teams (while elves aren't very affected in low TR:s).

Take away Tackle from the dwarfs, and let them cost 10k less! That would probably only strengthen them a bit, but make matches against 'zons & stunties a bit more reasonable.

Micke

[color=#444444][size=75] FUMBBL ::[url=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2315]TBB Group[/url][/size][/color]
Aussie
Experienced
Experienced

choices choices

Post by Aussie »

i have yet to suffer the annoyance of dwarfs. it seems that they are not well liked to play against. one question though im thinking of starting a second team in my league most teams are strength teams. what race would you guys recommend for me to play for fun. i was thinking of playing as halfling because it would be damm humiliating on any team that lost to me. Also my other choice was Chaos Dwarf because i love the look of the team and think they would be fun to paint. I actually have the box set of grudgebearers so i could play Dwarf. Are dwarfs any fun to play? they are obviously like an immovable wall of XXXXX kegs on the LOS. but is it just the age old case of drive the cage up the pitch?

Laughing hysterically at your opponent's turnover suddenly increases the odds of you failing your first action by 100%
bluetooth
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bluetooth »

MickeX wrote:Take away Tackle from the dwarfs, and let them cost 10k less!
I'd love that :D That tackle is very annoying.

Nuffle Sucks!
Superior Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Winner of [url=http://www.hattrick.org/Common/default.asp]Hattrick[/url] Talk Blood Bowl Cup V, VI and VII
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

No way, Dwarfs were like this before those stupid zons were introduced, and stunties are rarely encountered. also I don't see how this would strengthen Dwarfs since they don't have money issues anyway! It will just weaken them a lot!

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
bluetooth
Star Player
Star Player

Re: choices choices

Post by bluetooth »

Aussie wrote:what race would you guys recommend for me to play for fun.
Why take dwarves if most have a strength team? Take the opposite and enjoy your agility and movement. I would propably take skavens or high elves. In this case propably high elves.

The most fun might be a goblin team with two ogres or trolls. All those secret weapons and TTM. What a humiliating moment for your opponent, when you beat them :)

Nuffle Sucks!
Superior Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Winner of [url=http://www.hattrick.org/Common/default.asp]Hattrick[/url] Talk Blood Bowl Cup V, VI and VII