just a couple of boards questions

Moderator: TFF Mods

Stav
Rookie
Rookie

just a couple of boards questions

Post by Stav »

ok
a) the upload avatar still doesn't work (read somewhere u had probs b4 with file permissions)
b) can I use gifs instead of jpgs for avatar?
c) I know tis possible on some boards, and have seen some here, custom ranks (like instead of Rookie etc -> something else I put in) can I do that or is there a min amount of posts till enabled?
d) boards don't seem to keep me logged in (log in every time I return) so I have to do so every time... is there something wrong on your end (had probs b4?) or is there something wrong with my browser/cookie settings?

that's all for now :)
[Fury]Stav

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Re: just a couple of boards questions

Post by Deathwing »

Stav wrote:ok
a) the upload avatar still doesn't work (read somewhere u had probs b4 with file permissions)
c) I know tis possible on some boards, and have seen some here, custom ranks (like instead of Rookie etc -> something else I put in) can I do that or is there a min amount of posts till enabled?
d) boards don't seem to keep me logged in (log in every time I return) so I have to do so every time... is there something wrong on your end (had probs b4?) or is there something wrong with my browser/cookie settings?

that's all for now :)
[Fury]Stav
a) Yep, it's not worked to date.
b) Yep, but bear in mind the 6k limit if you're thinking animation.
c) Entirely decided on and handed out by Da Boss JohnnyP. Whether you want it or not, apparently! ;) No access for us rank and file.
d) Try going to the log in button on the menu. Dunno if this is still true but if you used to try and post without being logged in you'd go to a log in page without a 'keep me signed in' option. Other than that if you're running high security browser settings try enabling cookies for this site.

HTH! 8)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

Stav wrote:ok
[Fury]Stav
OK,

a) Not heard anything on this since the original discussion, so will look into it

b) I don't see any reason why you can't use a gif, give it a try and let me know

c) The special ranks are assigned by an administrator or super moderator. As a normal user, you can only change rank as you increase your number of postings, unless you warrent having your own special rank...which I'm sure is possible as you become a regular visitor

d) I've not experienced that problem, even when I use different machines, i.e. my home machines and my work machines. If you can, try a different computer else try deleting your cookie for TalkBloodbowl and then revisit the site.

Hope this helps and I hope you like the site and visit often :-)

Stav
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stav »

thanks for the fast replies :)
a) not too important, but my home server changes ip every couple of weeks so can't keep up for ever, and my uni hosting, well... soon I won't be a student any more so will lose it, but thanks anyway :)
b) I was looking for transparency rather than anims, instead of the red star on black background to my evil Fury dragon avatar, will try gif in a mo :)
c) Fury member rank > Rookie :)
d) I haven't had probs b4 with cookies on boards etc with this browser/pc combo b4 (galeon/linux) but will try a diff browser to see if any different. Btw it doesn't require login every post, but everytime I come back to boards after closing windows for example.

and yup, both replies helped, so thx :)

As for liking teh boards, well I'm not much of a spammer usually, but with our new bb league run by Simon starting I think I'll be around a fair bit :)

cheers
[Fury]Stav
Fury member

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Deathwing wrote: Entirely decided on and handed out by Da Boss JohnnyP. Whether you want it or not, apparently!
Speaking of that, what the heck is a Gossapa anyway!

Is it slang for gossiper ... if so I'm afraid I don't understand that title. Deathwing has always shot pretty straight from the hip, I understand the other titles, but DW's has always confused me.

Galak

Stav
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stav »

yup gifs work fine :)
I think there was a problem when I tried to use my home server rather than uni (no idea why)
and I presume Gossapa = Gossiper, or Spamm0r if j00 prefer :P
:)
[Fury]Stav

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Hey, it accepted this avatar no probs, although it's around 20k.

Stav
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stav »

heh
well seeing as Galak's image is far longer than 80pixels I dun think the limiter is working :)
having said that I refrained from trying a big avatar coz the Fury logo is quite wide compared to it's height, and it would make the boards look funny with the left column too wide at my posts :)

[Fury]Stav

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

Deathwing wrote:
Stav wrote:c) Entirely decided on and handed out by Da Boss JohnnyP. Whether you want it or not, apparently! ;) No access for us rank and file.
then it's probably just a matter of time before somebody tags me with 'da sculpta' i suppose....

iron chef kosher
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

...whoever he is.. :P

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

whoever indeed...

...though i'd much prefer "makeweight"

iron chef kosher
Stav
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stav »

not solved teh cookie problem...
tried netscrape 4 and 6, mozilla, galeon and konqueror, only one that works is konqueror
maybe all the rest use the mozilla engine or something...
as for deleting the cookie, well... galeon doesn't seem to have saved it... no idea why not etc
oh well... will have to settle for logging in each time unless I come up with something :/

cheers
[Fury]Stav

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

As for my avatar .... heh .. grandfathered under the original system.

As soon as JohnnyP started allowing in Avatars I put my mine in. When they first started doing the avator the pixel limits were not working.

Now they are so you'll get nailed .. at least that is what Deathwing said. However, since mine was accepted before this part was fixed I'm grandfathered in and the system still accepts my avatar.

That said I type 75 words a minutes, so I tend to be very verbose when I talk on the board so the size of the avatar is rarely longer than my post.

And as DW said .... who ever heard of an 80 pixel high Blood Bowl Star Player Storm Giant referee anyway.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Having said that the limits weren't working, I think that was on the upload feature, ie it would reject it outright instead of giving you the 'image not found' graphic.
It accepted that football gif despite being around 20k AND larger than 80x80. Curious.

JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Deathwing wrote: Entirely decided on and handed out by Da Boss JohnnyP. Whether you want it or not, apparently!
Speaking of that, what the heck is a Gossapa anyway!

Is it slang for gossiper ... if so I'm afraid I don't understand that title. Deathwing has always shot pretty straight from the hip, I understand the other titles, but DW's has always confused me.

Galak
It is from the the word gossip. Only meant as a bit of humour. The fact that he is a regular to the board and always on hand to answer peoples questions and comments. I'm not trying to imply that he is always spreading vicious rumours about board members.....well, unless he does via private messaging ;-) If you come up with a more appropriate title I'll happily change it. I think he deserves his own rank simply because of his input to the board.

Does Deathwing actually do anything else during the day....like work??? ;-)