Rules Questions

Moderator: TFF Mods

jeffzimm1
Rookie
Rookie

Rules Questions

Post by jeffzimm1 »

Hi.

I'm not really a bloodless rookie. I've been playing Blood Bowl since it was the original Deathzone with the cardboard players, but I have really over the last years been playing with the 2nd Edition rules, and both handbook additions.
I have never played the 3rd Edition or any follow-up rules. Can any experienced players that know the 2nd Edition give me a rundown of what is the same and what has changed. With the resurgence of BB it might be interesting to "upgrade".

Reason: ''
"Never, NEVER, disturb a Minotaur while he's eating!"

Coach Tad Bloodthrasher after he tried to get his Starplayer to get his mind back on the game. (He was lucky. He only lost an arm).
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Its a totally different game.
Its also a lot better now.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Hmmmmm ....

1) only 4 stats now (MA, ST, AG, AV)
2) skills don't have levels
3) game time is 2 to 3 hours instead of 5 to 6 per a game
4) player advancement rules are much simpler for league play
5) races are more balanced against one another and there are 15 to choose from (soon to be 16) ... although the Slann and Werewolf teams are gone
6) Wizards/spells are significantly less powerful and rarely used

Oh yeah, and
7) Its whole different game almost all better.

If you upgrade skip 3rd edition and go straight to the 2001 Rules Review edition. The online rulebook can be found on GW's site and the newest boxed sets from GW have the rules as well (ie don't buy a 3rd edition boxed set off of Ebay unless you have the ability to also download the online rulebook.

The other thing I might recommed is playing with either the PBeM tool or SkiJunkie Java program as both have a lot of the rules hardcoded into them and it might help you see how the game plays.

Galak