Do women play BB?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

How many women were at the BB last year?? Just wondering, and if so, were they all German?

Reason: ''
GO STAMPEDERS!
harley_topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harley_topper »

I play in two local leagues and we had only one woman there. She was lovely but she don't want to continue to play.

But I lost my game against her. :evil:

How many women were at the BB last year?? Just wondering, and if so, were they all German?
I did not understand that question. Why should they be all German?

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Previously it was posted that there were a few women playing at the Dungeon Bowl in Germany, so just wondering if the women that were reported to have played in the BB last year were the same ones (I think at least some of them were, N-Key for example).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

there were 2 iirc and yer one was nkey

duff
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duff »

My wife is playing a Chaos team. Her first official team was against my necromantic team and we had a hard fought 1 all draw.

She then gutted a skaven team (4 fatalities!) while loosing (which made it rather easy for my team to chalk up it's first victory, when I had the next game against these skaven.

In her most recent game she lost to an experianced halfling coach with a reasonably experianced team.

She considers the last 2 games victoies since she filled the casualty box and has an ambition to completly clear the pitch of opposition players. :lol:

I don't have to be faster than the Ogre, just faster than you!
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

[quote="duff"] My wife is playing a Chaos team. Her first official team was against my necromantic team and we had a hard fought 1 all draw.
quote]

...but will she be at the Blood Bowl?

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Griff
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Griff »

MadLordAnarchy wrote:Is it any wonder most women won't play BBowl. Just look at the sort of boys that play the game. Maybe I'm simplifying but the last time I went into a GW store I felt so disgusted by the Foul Appearance of the patrons and staff that I failed the roll and had to leave without making my purchase.
Tru dat homie!

I went looking for shops to buy some Blood Bowl stuff in Melbourne, Australia last week, and sadly Blood Bowl can only be bought online in Aus now. But the point is, I went into a GW store, and the service was shit house, they were all yelling at the tops of their voices about certain rules... fuuuck... I mean, hey we're all nerds in a way, but geeze... I was glad to get out of there.

"Like a Halfling at a urinal, I knew I was going to have to stay on my toes..."
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Isn't it strange that most BloodBowlers seem to be the gamers that bathe and are civilised, strange that such a simple game :roll: would attract people like that.

ImageImage
Griff
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Griff »

It's cos the other Warhammer games are long, boring and tedius. And players who play those games are used to those lengthy games without washing themselves... hahaha!

"Like a Halfling at a urinal, I knew I was going to have to stay on my toes..."
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

You are absolutely right. Warhammer is like sex with a maried woman. Complaining all the day, and only fun in your memory.

Blood Bowl on the other hand is like the sixties. Change your partner three times a day, have fun for 2 1/2 hours and then change!

The only problem is that I usually only play guys. The theorie must have an error after all. 8)

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Glorian Underhill wrote:The theorie must have an error after all. 8)

Indeed. It's spelt 'theory'.

:D :P

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
mtn_bike
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mtn_bike »

Congrats Diesel.

My girlfriend is an artist but only works on the bigger stuff. It's great bonding time when I paint my mini's and she works on her stuff. She likes BB and is joining the next league. She doesn't want to win but just hurt other players with her "cute" orks. I don't get it. She thinks I'm cute. I guess I look like an ork. Plus her team has gotten more vicious since I bought her the dice she wanted. She got a 1 turn TD with a troll and goblin then in the same game took me down to 2 players. I started with 11.

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

A few female friends of mine were asking if they could come along to the Pearly Kings and Queens tournament and watch.

Having seen the way they deal with unwanted attention in clubs I suggested it may not be a good idea....

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
MadLordAnarchy
Legend
Legend

Post by MadLordAnarchy »

Seems a common theme that wives/girlfriends aren't that interested in winning but want to damage teams. Mine's exactly the same, her philosophy is to "hit things" during the game.

[size=75][b][url=http://bbowl.pendragonknights.co.uk]AD Blood Bowl[/url]
[url=http://adcorppublishing.co.uk]Publisher[/url]
[/b][/size]
mtn_bike
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mtn_bike »

MadLordAnarchy wrote:Seems a common theme that wives/girlfriends aren't that interested in winning but want to damage teams. Mine's exactly the same, her philosophy is to "hit things" during the game.
As long as it's not the other coaches, that's ok.