Auld World Masters II 14/05 - Fluff from the event on pg 16

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Glowworm

Re: Auld World Masters II - 14/05 - Cheltenham - 3 spaces

Post by Glowworm »

Night....WHO??

what a great match up for my first round, someone I have never played before.... and all round good guy ( wont stop me crushing you)

Necro, Oh goody when you use a team designed to remove the opposition it helps if they DONT have re-gen... should be fun :wink:

Reason: ''
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Once I've stepped over these skinks I'll be heading for the top spot ;)

Chill-ers, in the night!
Du dum dum dum dum dum dum
Ahhh-wooooo

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Auld World Masters II - 14/05 - Cheltenham - 1 space

Post by nazgob »

You've got me down for a loss? I think you're forgetting the all important fact that will decide the game!

I've got CLAW!

Those pesky humans are going to find themselves at the bottom of a very dark hole. Otherwise known as a troll's belly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dionysian
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Auld World Masters II - 14/05 - Cheltenham - 1 space

Post by Dionysian »

Huh, glad I checked this or I'd have got on the wrong team bus this weekend. I thought my Goblins had entered again seeking vengeance after they got cheated out of their rightful stunty cup last year by an archaic and outmoded rule ... must have put a typo in the entry form.

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

glowworm wrote:Night....WHO??

what a great match up for my first round, someone I have never played before.... and all round good guy ( wont stop me crushing you)

Necro, Oh goody when you use a team designed to remove the opposition it helps if they DONT have re-gen... should be fun :wink:
Oh, this should be fun! As always, I sneer at the idea of practice games. This will my first game, ever, using Necromantic. As someone once said... what could go wrong? :wink:

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

All Teams now known, Racial breakdown is . . . .

Chaos x1
Dark Elfs x1
Dwarfs x1
Goblins x2
Halfling x2
Humans x2
Khemri x2
Lizardmen x2
Necromantic x2
Ogres x3
Orcs x1
Pro Elfs x1
Skaven x2
Undead x2
Underworld x1
Wood Elfs x1

16 races from 24 coaches.

9 people challenging for the Stunty Cup.

5 people chasing the Rookie Wonder award.

Pretty damn good!

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Great work getting the draw out although it has slightly delayed the start of my working day as couldn't resist chuckling my way through all the match ups! :)

The Nobull Dozers are raring to go, or at least the snotlings are, I'm already getting a little frustrated reminding those bone heads ogres there is a tournament on Saturday!

This will be the second time I've come up against a Pete in a NAF tournament this year. In the first I failed to either score a touchdown or inflict a casualty! This time will be different ... erm .... hopefully!

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

cornish wrote:So on pitch 8 it will be Coach Hawk.

Hawk (164/75/146) is bringing back his Fortune Favours the Grave to AWM, one of only three returning teams. These are his Undead team who are an impressive 58-27-45 (159.89) on NAF ranked events. The Grave were a pre-tournament favourite for AWM1 but they placed a disappointing 9th. After Glowworm stuffed them with his awesome Khemri .
Fixed that for ya!!

cornish wrote: Oh a tough draw for both coaches. Although Rubick (92/38/61) will be trying his hand amongst the top half of the stunty cup contenders this time around. The Flaming Battenbergs are the third and final ogre team in AWM2 draw but the first time that Rubick has coached them in a NAF ranked event. His final performance in AWM1 meant that he chose not to bring back his orcs and we think that these brutes have a good chance to hurt some players. Unfortunately they won’t do much else on Saturday in the first round. Although there will be some fun with Bomber it'll be a uncomfortable loss for the Grave and Coach Hawk; 3-10.
Rubbick FTW!! ... and fixed that for ya!!

What do you mean I can only trash talk my match.....?? foolish behaviour indeed!!

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

cornish wrote:----

LYLE: Welcome sports fans! Before we draw a ball Peregrin; let’s remind ourselves of the stats of the draw; there are three teams returning from AWM1 - if you consider Glowworm’s Bone Brigade to be the reincarnated Osteoporosis khemri team from AWM1 - and an impressive nine returning coaches including the Auld World Masters reigning Champion Itchen and the current Stunty King Cornish . Healthily – or not – a third of the field fancies their chances to topple Cornish from his stool which means the Stunty Crown is almost as coveted as the overall prize.
----
Do you mean to say that we are competing for Cornish's stool?!!???!

Has it been sampled?

Just askin...

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Team name is on the sheet.

It's Hawey Ye Scunners!

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

nightwing wrote:
glowworm wrote:Night....WHO??

Oh, this should be fun! As always, I sneer at the idea of practice games. This will my first game, ever, using Necromantic. As someone once said... what could go wrong? :wink:

nothing, nothing at all, roll the dice, move the pieces, score the Td's whatever happens it will be fun, I promise you that!! (now to find my roster)

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

I'm slightly concerned about all this build up, I like playing the underdog, if you tell them I'm actually good they might even come to expect it..... just not on you know :D

I shot the shire ref! will happily put the boot in on a few beastmen though, we're hoping the, ahem, "smells" wafting over from the dugout might distract the warriors a bit :D

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Auld World Masters II - 14/05 - Cheltenham - Full !

Post by Wobert »

Hold on to your pants . . . . we have one more and so it looks like I'm playing! The match up will be . . . .

Wobert (Amazons) v Monkeyjuice (Nurgle)

We also know what Monkey1985 will be playing and so can reveal the other match up . . . .

20Phoenix (Lizardmen) v Monkey1985 (Skaven)

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Auld World Masters II - 14/05 - Cheltenham - Full !

Post by cornish »

Excellent

NAF Name: Cornish
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Auld World Masters II - All rosters on page 13

Post by Wobert »

It seems a trifle unfair that Mr C and I are the only ones who have seen all of the rosters and can plot and plan over the next day or so on how to beat you all.

So here they are. . . . everyone's roster!

Happy scheming!