Essex Bowl

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I am happy to go along with this. The only problem that might arise is people not knowing the rules, or not enjoying the fact that they will not be playing traditional BB, hence the usefulness of spare tables for friendlies.
What your crowd have come up with I can happily play with. DD.

Reason: ''
NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I'll play whatever, but I'd prefer a straight tournament.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

for a tournament, i really prefer 1v1 games

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

It was just an idea, I suppose you could have Death bowl friendly tables set up for who ever wants to play it.......I would :)

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
cunningstunt
Rookie
Rookie

so its 1v1 then?

Post by cunningstunt »

i think it seems like most people prefer a 1v1 tourny - as Zy says, itd be fun to have the option of doing some weird stuff

perhaps some 'freestyle' tables would be a good idea? of course, the problem is we dont know where its going to be held yet - but with the number of potential interested parties (20 or so?) i think we're going to need a big ol' hall

and at least 24 tables/boards etc - we could cut down on the more fluffy stuff like scatters and such like by havinhg big posters that everyone uses or something, but i think each tabel would need;

board
dugouts and counters
pass ruler
block dice
D8
4 D6

sound reasonable? i might be jumping the gun a bit but... it might be an option to get the essex GW's involved - that way, we might get some coverage in white dwarf (come on, your mug shot next to paul sawyers, you love it) and they could provide boards,dice,etc

it might be useful in that there could be adjudicators from GW, but the only problem is they may try to 'hijack' the event...

sorry, just my thoughts :?:

"The more new stuff I learn the more old stuff I forget!!!"
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

GW could certainly be informed and pictures taken for the Journal or BB mag. The only problem with advertising it is that it may be hard to confirm numbers. Confirm nos. through TBB forum.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Zy-Nox

Re: so its 1v1 then?

Post by Zy-Nox »

cunningstunt wrote: (come on, your mug shot next to paul sawyers, you love it) and they could provide boards,dice,etc

it might be useful in that there could be adjudicators from GW, but the only problem is they may try to 'hijack' the event...:
My mugshot has already been in WD back in 96,after the 1st BB tourny.
It would be nice if they provided the gear,but unlikely,(Hit them for prizes though-Ogre team for everyone taking part :wink: )
I dont think we need a GW adjudicator,maybe a NAF official?or Representative.
The thing is when.
Reading is October,and I'm stretched sorting my side for that. So maybe December, and Give it a christmasy name.
Jingle Balls :roll:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Re: so its 1v1 then?

Post by Deathwing »

Zy-Nox wrote:I dont think we need a GW adjudicator,maybe a NAF official?or Representative.
Well, the UK NAF Tourney guy happens to be me. :)
First thing to do is sort out who's going to host the thing (Geno and the NBBL boys?), and then buzz me a pm or mail.
Given that a fair few attendees are members of TBB, might be an idea to run a poll with some options for the dates, and maybe another to establish a rough idea of how many want to attend, and take things from there.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

I'll be more than happy to run it and let DW stay overnight (poor bloke all that travelling!) and be the NAF adjudicator (sp?). (PS: ignore me, I've been drinkin g for the past 6 hours, heheh *hic*)

So DeathBowl is out the window, as is a date for this year. Maybe Winter next year (2003)? I'm sure I can think up a cunning name for it :D

So would eveyone be more happy with a 1v1 style of games then? Or maybe DEATHBOWL? (come on you wimps, TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT! :D , maybe not the best marketing ploy ever, but hey!)

DeathBowl *would* be good, but MegaBowl (as I suggested) is out of the window.

How about it guys? DeathBowl (NOT MegaBowl as I suggested) instead? You fight for the right to win against 3 other teams?

I'm off, I need to go have a talk with my fridge about it's lack of alcohol....

:lol:

Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

Well done for volunteering Geno, :lol:
What about multiple ball Deathbowl :o ----four balls,better results,more mayhem,
Putting it off to the new year is probably wise,you've got lots of things to sort out for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Novice Heretic
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Yeah, well it can be done, but at least I've given myself a lot of planning time. :o

So, who else would be interested in helping me run it? I could do with a handful of people to be rules guruz at the event and help with the general orginisation.

Anyone?

cunningstunt
Rookie
Rookie

ill do it!

Post by cunningstunt »

i dont thinkl i have aquired the knowdleg to be a rules guru, but my job is admin, so i reckon i might be able to do help out with the whole orgainisng thing

if youd rather it was someone more regular to the forum/you knew persoannly thats cool...

are we going to ask for a sub? that way, if everyone pays a couple of quid, the winner can take the money - if theres 20 people that gives us a prize pot of £40 - not bad for having fun!

"The more new stuff I learn the more old stuff I forget!!!"
Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

The money should Go on Minis, that way the top three can get an adequate prize :wink:
If you need a Cheerleader,......I'll volunteer :P

Novice Heretic
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

GW in Southend is starting to do BB on it's Tuesday Veterans nights, we might be able to meet up and throw some ideas back and forth. Maybe some pubs have big halls attached out back that we can rent with the promise of lots of beer sales.

we can also size up the competition, I can expose you the fabulous sticky wooden dice.

Maybe next Tuesday for a warm-up. starts 6:30pm - 9:30pm.

what do you reckon Rhys? Your Slaanesh slags versus my Dwarves (league champs versus league champs), I can teach you the meaning of Guard!!

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Cheeky burger :)

Yeah that would be cool, but I've got a rather big job on at work all this week. I should be ok for next week though, how about you?

Also, the guys that play BB there, I'm pretty sure they're the same ones who play at SOS Games Club. If you get the chance play Richard, he's an excellent coach and has kicked my ass for the past 10 or so years at it.

One day........... :D