Who would come to the Quad Cities?

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Who would come to the Quad Cities?

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

My friend and I were discussing all the tournaments that we had missed and he mentioned that we should organize a tourney here. Well I said, why not? He's out of college and makes the big bucks. I'm in college and have nothing but time.
But before we do anything and/or get in over our heads I'd like to know just how many people from this board would actually come to this god forsaken hell hole I call home. For any who don't know, I live in the Quad Cities, USA. It's roughly 200 miles west of Chicago; right on the Mississippi river's bend. (Look at a map and find the only city in Iowa that has the river directly South of it and that's home.)
So how many would come?

Reason: ''
Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

It's only a 5 or 6 hour drive for me, so given a good day and enough warning and so on, I could make it. :)

Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

oh, forgot to mention, Terre Haute, IN is where I'm from...pretty much directly across Illinois from you. :)

Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Not sure if I could make it or not ... would have to get the wife's approval for the expense ... I'm around 5 to 6 hours away as well ... if it was NAF sealed for points ... I'd plead for the time off.

Galak

Thetian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Thetian »

I'm also 5-6 hours away. Maybe that's the real claim to fame of the Quad Cities.

I could prolly bring myself and one other player. (Especially if it were for NAF points)

-Mike

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Wow! Everyone is 5-6 hours away! Cool!
So we have 3 or 4 ppl? :lol:
Like I said we were just kicking the idea around. If it was possible I'd try to get it NAF sanctioned. Who knows how to do that right anyway?
Basically my friend and I were just lamenting how we always have something going on during the events.
That fool went and got married on August 8th! No GenCon for him...ever!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Next year GenCon is coming to ME!! YAY!! I have all kinds of friends in Indy who would put me up for the weekend, and it's only an hour away anyway! :)

Veteran
Veteran

Post by Thetian »

Going to GenCon is the gamer's equivilent to a pilgramage to Mecca. I've never been to GenCon. :cry: I prolly never will unless I move somewhere closer to the shrine of Gygax. Then again, if I keep playing the Lotto.....

-Mike

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

You're in KC right? That's not THAT far to Indy...maybe 10 hour drive tops! I went to a Chiefs game at Arrowhead a few years ago, it wasn't that bad.

Veteran
Veteran

Post by Thetian »

10 hours = sucks :puke:

maybe with the right passenger or a good book on tape.......
Nope.
6 hours is about my limit of windshield time. I did 10 hours to Colorado from Oklahoma once. Luckily, the altitude sickness made me too weak to throw myself from a great height.

-Mike

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

MY brother and I really want to go to GenCon next year. I'm betting we will since it's farther away now.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I'd seriously consider coming over for GenCon one year.
Its one of those things I've heard about, all hushed tones and stuff.

Do they have BB at GenCon yet?

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Thadrin wrote:I'd seriously consider coming over for GenCon one year.
Its one of those things I've heard about, all hushed tones and stuff.

Do they have BB at GenCon yet?
I went to GenCon one year when it was in Milwaukee, and that year at least they had a BB tourney. I can't speak for the others.

I played and won all my games except for one draw where I allowed the kid to cheat because I was sick of arguing with him. He was convinced that he could take partial actions with all his players split up however he wanted (aka stand of the catcher and dodge, then move his thrower and throw to the catcher, then move the catcher again and score)

So anyway he and I had a draw and so I didn't make the final. Stupid punk kid. :evil:

Veteran
Veteran

Hey...

Post by Kamikaze Rudy »

I'm about 3 hours away and I may be able to wrangle up about four people to come along...

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Pariah wrote:Wow! Everyone is 5-6 hours away! Cool!
So we have 3 or 4 ppl? :lol:
Like I said we were just kicking the idea around. If it was possible I'd try to get it NAF sanctioned. Who knows how to do that right anyway?
Sorry guys, missed this for a while! Gregg's the guy you want to speak to:
viewtopic.php?t=1361

Be cool if you can make this happen! :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."