Strongbowl 2008, 30th and 31st August

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

We're leaving Newcastle around fiveish, going via Nottingham. I don't drive though so no idea how long it will take us to get there?

Reason: ''
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

Unfortunately for england, yes.

Mr 1-in-20
mattwhile
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mattwhile »

@Sillysod

Bring your vamps. I want revenge on capt. hat :lol: .

Ronnie90210
Jason Priestly
Location: Evesham, Worcstershire, England (or maybe in my Wacky Races Car No 90210)

Post by Ronnie90210 »

Ironjaw wrote:Unfortunately for england, yes.
Cool gratz mate :D

"Living the Dream!!"
Gazza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gazza »

Gav

pm sent

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Captain Hat is packed and ready :)

:zzz: time

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Dear me - it turns out there IS another half past six in the day. Not keen on this one though :-?

:D

Right, now to collect Gav, Fraser and Jimbob!

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

I see the legend of Porritt is back at #1!

Well done on a 1st tourney win in a little while, and an awesome return to form!! :wink: :D

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

#1 maybe, but on the dancefloor SillySod takes the title. WOW. :D

Superb weekend in a great venue! Many thanks to Ronnie and Lowny for organising, to Jordell (soooo unlucky mate), Lowny, Besters, Geggster, Valen and Ambush for 6 stonking games and testing me in each (well, except Ambush :lol: :wink: )

Highlight of the weekend has to be Valen discovering the effect of putting all of his not-inconsiderable weight onto the two back legs of a plastic chair.......!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

First time in Evesham and will definitely be back next year.

Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

My third strongbowl and they keep getting better, this year was fantastic fun. Cheers Ronnie and Lowny for the organisation and to everyone else for the laugh. The venue is much better than in previous years now (same place, but it's had a LOT of improvements made), and the curry was edible this year too :wink: .

Six great/silly games depite the 0-1-5 record but that's Halflings (well, Deadlings) in a bash heavy line-up for you. At least I finally lost the 2-1 Tokyo-dodge curse after 11 straight games! :D And PubBowler, burn your Dwarfs :wink: :lol:

Great weekend, unless you had 4 legs, were made of green plastic, and Gav sat on you :wink:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
besters

Post by besters »

Great weekend, I think Geoff is being a little kind saying all the games tested him.

Certainly hope to be back next year!

Thanks to Ronnie and Lowny for organising the event.

Jim

jordellfreshbreeze

Post by jordellfreshbreeze »

well great tourney, big shout to ronnie and lowny for putting a great tourney on and will defo be back next year.

what a weekend i had me,geoff,frazer,and pete going for it on the dance floor geoffs amazing danceing took my breath away and i had 6 great games and a big thanks to dave(don vito) for one of the best games i have ever played

well done to geoff you are number 1 mate and it was great to see everyone again and what a laugh it was

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

What a weekend! Absolutely cracking bunch of lads and a very high quality field throughout the tourney, no easy games for anyone so a big well done to Geoff for showing us mortals how to actually play BloodBowl!

Got a huge list of highlights, hopefully most who went will remember...

- Silly Sod's legendary epeleptic/ possibly drug induced mentalistic dancing (...and destroying my full pint with the flailing arms!!)
- Geoff's systematic targetting of all the most tasty gorgeous ladies in the club (Perhaps taking the glasses off wasn't the best idea...?)
- Gav's... well, just Gav! (RIP Garden chair #262. 1999-2008)
- Stick's ability to drive us down and back and play Bloodbowl despite contracting possibly the worst manflu I've ever come across!
- Jamie for the dumbest game I've ever played, hilarious from start to finish!
- Dave putting up with my 16 turns of cheating! "What dodge? Oh, that's YOUR player isn't it?"

...massive thanks to the organisers and everyone I played. Complete lack of sleep and way too much beer meant I had a mint weekend, see you next year!

Oh, and Ronnie, if you need another best painted award commisioned we'll come to some arrangement at Albabowl III sometime around 3am again, ok? :lol:

Gazza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gazza »

Thanks to Ronnie and Lowny for a great tourney had a superb time. Had 6 class games all against sporting opponents and will certainly be back next year.

Nice one!

Ronnie90210
Jason Priestly
Location: Evesham, Worcstershire, England (or maybe in my Wacky Races Car No 90210)

Post by Ronnie90210 »

Thanks guys for a Brilliant weekend, i enjoyed running it, than if i was playing it. Gratz to Geoff again for another top notch player winning the Strongbowl

2006 - Paul Gegg
2007 - Luke Gregory
2008 - Geoff Porritt

After the 1st day was fun when Gav decided to start damaging garden furniture by sitting on it :D , then we went to a nice Indian resturant and then after we played a good game of Poker before we danced to Nelly the Elephant on the dance floor :lol:

The best match i seen was Don vs Jorell, i :lol: my ass off, so many funny momments in that game.

The awards was funny as well

The look on MattWhile when he won the Most tds :D
And the look on CraigColley's face when he recieve his Best Painted Trophy :lol:

I hope next year will be better than ever!!!!

@Don Vito - Now i must go to Alba to get another masterpiece painted model for my best painted trpphy :lol:

"Living the Dream!!"