Holland v England International

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Place your bets on who will emerge triumphant..

Poll ended at Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:16 am

Holland to win
24%
England to win
72%
Honours even... again... yawn....
3%

Total votes: 29

Norse
Da Organiza

Holland v England International

Post by Norse »

Well folks, a hushed expectation passes momentarily over the crowd as they are told the grass-wagon has arrived (to lay the turf I mean :wink: !) and once again news reaches the fans that Deathwing and Longfang are on their drunken way to the Amsterdam Arena...

Last time the English internationals came to Holland, honours were very even between them and the local Dutch 'talent' with some very entertaining draws all round... so it's anyone's guess what will happen when this new international event takes place. Team choices are not yet known, but the coaches are..

Prince "Ik ben een echt Nederlander" Lucianus 8)

Norse "Ik ben een Schotse Nederlander.... echt!" :oops:

Death "Ik ben een Engelander met kort haar.. mmm biertje!" Wing :P

Long "Ik ben een Engelander met geen haar :cry: .. mmm roken! :smoking: " Fang :lol:

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

I'll take bribes to change the outcome in your personal favour.....
I am still thinking that this kind of event could be possible in the future. When enough players from a country come to a tournament (event), national matches should be considered.... Fun, prestige and more fun...

A'dam tournament result for nations
1- Australia
2- Holland
3- Schotland
4- England
5- France
6- New Zealand.....

With the only problem being, there was one Aussie and 5 Dutch players.

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

You only need 1 Australian ;)

I can probably round up another good Australian coach for a Nation Of Origin match. Almost certainly can if it's in Amsterdam.

Maybe we could arrange first round grudges for the next BloodBowl. Match nation v nation for the first round matches and tot up the results.

Babs - you coming to make up the numbers? :)

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I'd like to point out that this poll was not meant to be some nationalist pride issue, but a prediction of who would beat who...

Lucy finished 3rd at T5 and I finished 6th..

Del finished 5th and Woody finished 10th...

some of you need maths classes...

PS Woody and Del aren't all together sober when they play, maybe I should have mentioned that sooner... :roll:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Deadlock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Deadlock »

Oh! And here I was trying to decide which one to support today! Aren't national pride matches more fun? Having lived in both countries, I could stay neutral, but in the end I'm nothing but Dutch, regardless of where I live.. Go Holland! :wink:

[i]Maybe, when you grow up, uncle Deadlock will tell you what he used to do to the prisoners in his dungeons![/i]
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Thanks for the support Deadlock, but it seems myslef and Lucy find ourselves (undeservedly) the underdogs...

No matter, if we lose, I'll hide some :smoking: in their hand bagage and let the internal search at Schiphol take it's toll.... :o

:lol: :evil: :lol:

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

:lol: Oh dear oh dear, I can't stop myself from laughing. I'm betting on Norse and Lucy cos I don't think DW and myself are going to be as sober as we were at the Tulips. No matter what the outcome I'll still do the St George proud! :wink:

Some time next summer Woody and I will have the advantage of playing at home against you and Andre. Maybe even a Wodell Invitational.

As for a little something in my baggage, I could have carried a bush under my arm through customs last time. Hey, a little tinsel , some lights and a fairy on top, just might get away with it. :D

See you next weekend.

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Oh! Less of the hair jibes you stunty git. :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

:P :lol: :lol: :wink:

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Well, I'll go public and admit that I will be using Chaos Dwarves for this International event. They've had a respray just for good measure, and I'm looking forward to running them out. I used to use them with much success in 3rd Ed, so I can only hope I have not forgotten everything...

If this goes well, CDs will be my tournament team for many years to come...

Lucy, DW, LF, time to put your teams online....

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

A respray job. That's not a bad idea that. Next time I nick your team I can pretend they're mine.

I've actually cast my vote for Holland in this one. I rate the teams as very close but I think that the home turf advantage may well be the deciding factor.

That and, as Longfang mentioned, the English are likely to be 4077 on match day :smoking:

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Having a lot of trouble trying to get a hotel booking as they keep coming back negative. I hate that bad reputation (I did get ejected from Amsterdam by the Police about 15 years ago, do you think that geos agianst me?)

Can anyone recommend a good campsite? At this rate we'll have to cancel or just chance it, or I'll have to take some extra gold pieces out from under the mattress.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

LongFang, bad news mate, aside from your accomodation woes, Lucy has found himself in the ziekenhuis after an accident while playing football. It is dubious he will be OK to play this weekend as he needs to have some light surgery. This is actually true, so no funny quotes please, he sounds dreadful on the phone.. :(

Maybe you and DW could postpone your visit for a week or 2? If not, we'll have to play at his bedside.... :cry:

Get well soon Lucy!

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Yea, give Lucy our best wishes.

Got a place booked, we'll bring some Lucozade and comics out for the Prince of Darkness!

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Re: Holland v England International

Post by Deathwing »

Norse wrote:Last time the English internationals came to Holland, honours were very even between them and the local Dutch 'talent'
Against Dutch opposition:
LF: W1 D2 L0
DW: W2 D0 L1
Combined: W3 D2 L1
Yep, add another draw if you're counted as Dutch, pretty even. We hold the edge currently! :P Just! :wink: Bring it on..that loss column's staying at 1! 8)
Hope Lucy's alright. A MNG's ok, a niggle ain't! :-?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."