Lowlands Border Brawl 2008 - 2nd August, Turnhout

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Da_Great_MC wrote:And it's not about NAF ranking points either, it's about beating the Dutchies :pissed:
Just want to know if that would matter to you if it would be NAF ranked. Because I don't see the difference. :roll:

Reason: ''
Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

Draco wrote:
Da_Great_MC wrote:And it's not about NAF ranking points either, it's about beating the Dutchies :pissed:
Just want to know if that would matter to you if it would be NAF ranked. Because I don't see the difference. :roll:
If it were NAF ranked, I'd rather play a team that benefits from the skill-system than a team that doesn't.

But I 'm really happy that it's not NAF ranked, because I enjoy this wacky system. We already had a lot of fun figuring out what skills to take 8)

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
Bendrig
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bendrig »

Grah.

I feel bad for letting my country down, but I'm going to have to withdraw from the belgian team.

And I was so looking forward to collecting some more scalps... :(

Bendrig

El Condor
Presumed extinct

Post by El Condor »

Aha, the first Belgium who got the fevers and drops out now their inevitable defeat is nearing. How many will follow??? :wink:

No 1 can beat me!
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

I can not remember the last tournament where belgian and dutch coaches participated, where the dutch coaches beat the first belgian coach.

so ... I am not worried for saturday.

Let's eat dutchies (for lunch)

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Verdeel und Conquérez is ready to defeat the Belgians with 4 political parties in armour, a minotaur called Yves and lots of BHV (Beestmensen met Hoorns en Vachtje). I just hope those four politicians can keep focused enough to beat up the opposition and don't start fighting amongst each other. It's time for chaos.

Nuffle Sucks!
Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

Okay, that was it! Fourth Lowlands Border Brawl was a great success once again!

The final result was:

Netherlands: 18 wins
Belgium: 26 wins

So a clear victory for the Belgians who have now come balance at 2-2 over the four past editions!

Thanks Vigfus for your willingness to play for the Dutchies (and losing all three games) and of course to my fellow organiser Draco. Great stuff again this weekend!

Hope to see you all for next year's edition of this all-round nice tourney!

Greetz!
Seb

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Oops! We lost again! :o

But a great weekend non the less!

2 wins with halflings (Ogres and Chaos scalps) and a close loss to Orcs.
But in the end, we got our butts handed to us again.

Thanks to Seb for helping to plan this tournament again and doing most of the organizing. And then again for playing for the Dutch, as well as Vigfus, to make sure the numbers were even.

Thanks all coaches who were there for a great event.

And lets see if we can ever get that clogg back (if Seb can find it back in the boxes scattered in the new appartment! :lol: )

What we will do next year. Matches not completed on time will be cut short by the 2 minute a turn rule or if needed even a 1 minute per turn rule.

We will not automatically draw the same races for round one again. We thought it nice to see what team would come out on top with equal teams (Belgium won that one 8-7), but many players were not that amused. So we'll drop that for next year.

See you next year!

Mark

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
pelle
Super Star
Super Star

Post by pelle »

Draco wrote:We will not automatically draw the same races for round one again. We thought it nice to see what team would come out on top with equal teams (Belgium won that one 8-7), but many players were not that amused.
Too bad, I actually liked this. You know the strenghts and weaknesses of the team you play, so you should be able to win against your own race. And the skills were mostly different anyway.[/quote]

Most Touchdowns @ NAF World Cup 2007.
The Goblin Slaughter Fest 2509 Champion.
Massacre Day III Champion.
Most CAS @ Oberonn Smack 2009