Tritex Challenge Blood Bowl Game08 Manchester 1st-2nd Nov08

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Tritex
Legend
Legend

Tritex Challenge Blood Bowl Game08 Manchester 1st-2nd Nov08

Post by Tritex »

Tritex Challenge Blood Bowl Cup returns to Game08 in November

Tritex Challenge Cup will be held Game 08 Will be held at:
The Armitage Centre,
Moseley Road,
Fallowfield,
Manchester,
M14 6HE
Tel: 0161 224 0404 E-mail: arm.centre@manchester.ac.uk

For those pre-registered this year you will be able to walk straight in once your name has been checked off the master list which we are assured will be a quick process. Proceed to the Even tables where teams will be booked in and rosters checked.

There is plenty of time to get sorted. We will commence when all are on the playing list. If you have transport issues drop me a line on the mobile on 07828 045467. Or e-mail me at Jason.thornton3@ntlworld.com

All bookings to be made at: http://gamecon.game-host.org for location, registration, and hotel information.

PLEASE NOTE WE CURRENTLY HAVE ONLY 32 SEATS AVAILABLE WHICH WILL GO TO FIRST BOOKED. If more become available after this time will advise.

Schedule

Saturday
09:30- 10:30 Registration
11:00 - 13:00 Game 1
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 16:00 Game 2
16:00 - 16:30 Break
16:30 - 18:30 Game 3

Sunday
09:30 - 11:30 Game 4
11:30 - 12:30 Lunch
12:30 - 14:30 Game 5
14:30 - 16:30 Game 6
16:30 - 17:00 Results Tallied
17:00 Awards Ceremony

The venue is open all of Saturday night for other gaming

Scoring
9 Pts for a win by more than 2 TD’s
7 pts for win
3 for tie
0 for loss
Injuries: 1 pt for each injury caused up to a (Max of 3pts) All injuries count
Touchdowns: 1 pt for each TD scored up to a (Max of 3 pts)
This means a possible 15 points may be awarded each round.

The first round's opponents will be assigned randomly. Each round after that, Coaches will be sorted by total points. The top two Coaches will play each other, then the 3rd and 4th, 5th and 6th, and so on. Ties will be broken first by TD differential and then CAS differential. No Coach should play the same opponent twice, except possibly for the top two in the final round.
The top 2 Coaches in the final round will be playing for 1st and 2nd place.

Awards
All Players will receive a free exclusive miniature:

‘Roxxi’ Sculpted by Kev White at Hasslefree Miniatures. This figure is exclusive to Tritex Games and these tournaments are the only place that this model will be made available. (Note: all attendees of Game 07 also are entitled to a miniature which was not cast in time so if attending will receive a 2nd on the day or contact me and will arrange delivery)

Aside from random spot prizes every round the Top performers will be rewarded as follows:

Tritex Challenge Cup Champion: Trophy + Certificate + £100 Gift Voucher + Bragging Rights

Runner Up: Certificate + £50 Gift Voucher

Most Touchdowns: Trophy + Certificate + £20 Gift Voucher

Most Casualties: Trophy + Certificate + £20 Gift Voucher

League Champion: (Awarded to highest achiever in league outside of top 2 finalists) Certificate + £20 Gift Voucher

Special reward for Best Looking Team: Certificate £20 Gift Voucher
*Nominations for best painted teams will be voted on by all the Coaches. The actual painter of the team must be present to win.

Stunty Cup: Stunty Mug Certificate: For best performing Stunty team (see separate rules pertaining to eligible teams) £20 Gift Voucher

Wooden Spoon (Last Place)

Please note that a Coach may only win one of the prizes for 'Winner', 'Runner up', Most TD, Most BH. If a player wins one of these in ascending order - next player in the ranking order will win the prize. (Gives more players a chance to walk away with more prizes)

There will be random spot prizes throughout the 2 days so others can walk away with some free goodies.

Injuries and Winnings
Teams will reset after each game. So all injuries are healed (including deaths) and any players raised by Undead Coaches are lost. Since teams reset there will be no Star Player Points or Winnings rolls etc.

Skill Advancements
Before the first game: A normally accessible skill may be given to 1 player.
Before game 2 a normally accessible skill may be given to 2 players.
Before game 3 1 player may receive a skill as if they received a doubles roll or 2 players may be given a normally accessible skill.
Before game 4 1 player may receive a Stat increase STR, AG, AV or MV (this cannot be a player who has already received a skill thus far) or 2 players may receive a skill as if a doubles roll or 3 players may be given a normally accessible skill.
Before game 5 One player may receive a 2nd normally accessible skill (I.e. 1 player only may now have 2 skills) or 1 player may receive a skill as if they received a doubles roll.
Before game 6 1 player may receive a skill as if they received a doubles roll or 2 players may be given a normally accessible skill.

Other than in round 5 as noted a skill may NOT be given to a player that has already received a skill this tournament. These skills need to be chosen before commencing next round and cannot be changed from round to round.
Using the system above it is possible for all 11 to have a skill or 4 players to have a doubles skill and 5 to have normal skills unless you want to opt for maxing players with stat increases and 2 skills as listed above.
These skills carry over throughout the entire tournament and do not reset with the team after each game.

Rules

We will be using the LRB 5 Rules
This is a TR 110 tournament. This means you may build your team with 1,100,000 Gold Coins
The Illegal Procedure rule will only be used if both Coaches agree to use it before the game
The 4 minute rule will not be in effect. Although if game is not complete after 2 hours both teams will be allowed to even up number of turns they have taken and then the result will stand as it is after this round.
Be prepared to share your dice and throw/scatter templates.

Star Players:
Star players in this tournament will be allowed as per standard costs and restrictions. No star player may receive any incremental skills as listed above.

Wizards/ inducements are not allowed. With exception of Halflings who may hire a master chef.

Apothecaries:
As per LRB5 standard rules.

Stunty Cup:
For those of you that haven't heard of it yet the Stunty Cup runs 'inside' other tournaments and is simply there to give the Stunty coaches something to aim for with the Cup going to the highest placed Stunty team.
Official Stunty teams allowed are:
Halflings
Goblins
Ogres
Lizardmen (Only Count as a Stunty Team if it consists of all Skinks and 1 Krox)

What to Need to Bring:
Blood Bowl Boards & Dug-outs. I will have some on hand as spares but would prefer if many of you brought boards.
Your painted team
3 copies of your roster
Throwing /Scatter Templates
Blocking Dice, 2d6, and 1d8
A copy of the LRB 5.0 for reference

If you have any questions about the rules or the tournament in particular feel free to contact me.

Are you Game? If so enroll and get your name on the list :P)

Paid in full to date:
Paid Names : No of Places
Jamie Hemmings : 1
Alex Wormall : 1
christian tamblyn : 1
Dave Foxall : 1
David Womble : 1
Frazer Eden : 1
James Taylor : 1
Ken Neal : 1
Ken Neal : 1
Kevin Stace : 1
Mark Lloyd : 1
Matthew Shearn : 1
Matthew Sherwin : 2
Michael Jones : 1
Mike Connell : 1
Oliver Deller : 1
Owen Shelley : 1
Phil Pearson : 1
Robert Balmforth : 1
Ryan Talbot : 1

21 Paid to date but have 3 more reserved place without payment (can only get names of those paid in full Atm)

Reason: ''
Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

How much is to enter Jason?

Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

It should be £25 for both days currently its £13 for the event then £12 for the tournament - if you use the link it will advise on this.

Cheers
Jason

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Re: Tritex Challenge Blood Bowl Game08 Manchester 1st-2nd No

Post by PubBowler »

Same weekend at the EuroBowl is unfortunate but I realise that this is out of your control.

In any case, a couple of things:
Tritex wrote: Injuries and Winnings
Teams will reset after each game. So all injuries are healed (including deaths) and any players raised by Undead Coaches are lost. Since teams reset there will be no Star Player Points, Fan Factor rolls, Gate rolls or Winnings rolls.
Gate rolls will be needed for FAME.
Tritex wrote: Apothecaries:
It has been asked for a clarification on Apothecaries for this tournament. For this tournament if an Apothecary is used re-roll results on injury table if roll is 2 - 9 player is placed in the reserves box. If the roll is 10 -12 players is placed in the BH box. A coach may use an Apothecary roll when ever he deems fit to do so even if player is only KO’d by original injury roll.
This is very different odds from LRB5 apoths.
Back to LRB4 in fact.
Not to mention the clunky interaction with Raise The Dead.

If you don't mind me asking, why the change?

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

Cool - thanks for the info Jason. I'll let the guys in my gaming club know as they're starting to get a taste for travelling to different BB events now (they're all heading off to the Thrudbowl soon and they're looking for more events!)

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

That sucks on the date, as Pubowler said, not your fault, but I was going to take my boy to this as well, his first convention, but ah well

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Re: Tritex Challenge Blood Bowl Game08 Manchester 1st-2nd No

Post by Tritex »

PubBowler wrote:Same weekend at the EuroBowl is unfortunate but I realise that this is out of your control.

In any case, a couple of things:
Tritex wrote: Injuries and Winnings
Teams will reset after each game. So all injuries are healed (including deaths) and any players raised by Undead Coaches are lost. Since teams reset there will be no Star Player Points, Fan Factor rolls, Gate rolls or Winnings rolls.
Gate rolls will be needed for FAME.
Tritex wrote: Apothecaries:
It has been asked for a clarification on Apothecaries for this tournament. For this tournament if an Apothecary is used re-roll results on injury table if roll is 2 - 9 player is placed in the reserves box. If the roll is 10 -12 players is placed in the BH box. A coach may use an Apothecary roll when ever he deems fit to do so even if player is only KO’d by original injury roll.
This is very different odds from LRB5 apoths.
Back to LRB4 in fact.
Not to mention the clunky interaction with Raise The Dead.

If you don't mind me asking, why the change?
Good points - will adjust above, its supposed to be Fame and Apoth should be as Per LRB5 this is what happens when editing from previous rules.

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Cannot help dates as dictated by the even, However it means theres an event on on home turf for those who dont want to spend money travelling abroad.

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

Ditto gutted i wont be here for this one,

Good look with it mate and can defo recomend it to everyone. Was a great show last year.

Word to Your Mother.
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

Sounds good to me. A 10min walk from my house and all the good players are at Eurobowl :lol:

SPIN1
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SPIN1 »

Barney the Lurker wrote:...and all the good players are at Eurobowl :lol:
That's the spirit... :D

That's a great looking model btw...

mediumdave
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mediumdave »

Game 07 was great, so count me in for this one too!

Just a couple of questions

Are the experimental rule updates and star players being used? In other words in a Necro Flesh Golem 110,000 (L.V.5 rules) or 100,000 (experimental rules).

And

No bribes for Goblins seems unfair if Halflings can have a masterchef

MediumDave
thechosengobbo

Post by thechosengobbo »

Wow, very interested in this.

I'll probably buy a ticket soonish.

ambush3
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ambush3 »

I should be in for this!

Has the Saturday Morning issue been corrected?

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

Fraser, does the chateux de Eden have room in the inn for a couple of us? If so, I'd be up for this one?