THE POO BOWL #3 Lougborough U.K. 10th - 11th January 2009

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

Many thanks to Harriet and Ian for another great weekend.

Apologies to Don_Vito, for almost getting a luck win whilst being no fun and hardly able to see the board as I was playing with a splitting headache!

Can't believe Dave get's the results on the NAF site so quickly!

Jim

Reason: ''
thechosengobbo

Post by thechosengobbo »

A BIG thanks to Ian and Harriet for a fantastic tournament, this is one I definitely plan to come back to next year.

Though hopefully I can get away without being beaten by both 1st and 2nd place players on day 1 (they're not that skilled, they both got massive points from a chump :lol: ).

A big thanks to all my opponents, Lycos, Cheferoo, Lucifer, Ironjaw (6-1 :oops: ), Schmee and Pgoo, for 6 very enjoyable games. I even managed to win two!

And thanks to Joemanji, for not turning out to be a serial killer when we roomed together :D

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Pippy wrote:
Now someone get the Gut Charging video on YouTube!!!! :wink:
Thanks Pippy.

Congrats Geoff. :D

Could someone post the link if the video is posted on youtube :roll:

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

besters wrote:Can't believe Dave get's the results on the NAF site so quickly!
If he'd've gone 1/1/4 then it would've been done in a couple of months... :P :P
thechosengobbo wrote:Ironjaw (6-1 :oops: )
:D :D :D

Thanks to all I played over the weekend. Cheers again to Ian and Harriet for another fantastic tournament.

Just wanna say I hate you all... :evil: :evil:

...except Harriet.

Leon

Mr 1-in-20
Johnny KTOU
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Johnny KTOU »

Fantastic week end ! Just a few things:
- I give again my best apologies to Petew for fielding 12 players for nearly a whole half :oops: (at least now I know I need a few more if I want to win against him :D )
- a big thanks to Joemanji for his advices for playing slanns (which were very useful later though I lost again :cry: )
- and obviously, A HUGE BRAVO TO THE ORGANISATION !!!

And now, I'm proud to be the 8th slann player in the world !!! :lol:

Cheers everyone !

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Had my first Poo (as it were :wink: ) at the weekend and really enjoyed it! Congratulations to Harriet and Ian on a great tournament. I certainly hope to Poo again in 2010! Congrats too, to all the prize winners from this year and last ;) :lol:

Thanks to my opponents too, who made my debut with orcs such good fun :)

Game 1- Rodders (Chaos Dwarves) Lost 3-0 - who knew orc armour was so fragile :o :wink:

Game 2 - Valen (Chaos Pact) Lost 2-0 - Close game, but orc armour again didn't stand up to the test. Good fun though.

Game 3 - Sizzling Gromril (Halflings) Drew 2-2 - It is always a fun game vs Grom and I was delighted to see that I had drawn halflings :D Imagine my surprise and dismay then, when I found myself 2-0 down after 1 turn of the second half and then we lost a turn to a riot :o Thankfully, as the flings ran out of numbers, the orcs finally got their first TDs of the day and squeaked a draw.

Game 4 - Pug (Ogres) - Won 1-0 - This could so easily have been a draw! In the first I received and got frustrated with the grind on turn 6, so decided to go for a hand-off in order to break my blitzer away from the pack. Unfortunately, the action failed (even if I had rolled 3s, it would have failed, as I had forgotten it was pouring rain). Second half, the ball spent all of its time in the ogre half as neither team could pick it up. Then, on turn 14, the ball scattered into an Ogre's hands and he caught it :o :lol: The draw looked like the best result possible, but after the Ogre fumbled his pass, the ball scattered to an orc lineman, who was able to get over the line on the last turn.

Game 5 - JohnnyKTOU (Slann) Draw 1-1 - Great game that I thought had slipped away after some leaping frog nonsense :wink: stole the ball from me and ran in a TD against the kick. Second half was scrappier and the orcs began to wear down the numbers of the frogs. The orc thrower then came up trumps on turn 15, picking up the ball and passing to my open blitzer who ran in the equaliser.

Game 6 - Fluffy (Dark Elves) Won 2-1 - The elves went 1 up after two turns and that was as good as it got for them. Their numbers were severely depleted by the start of the second half and the orcs did not have that much difficulty securing the points. Fluffy ended up with 5 off the pitch in the dead/injured box (1 self-inflicted) and, on top of that, his luck was non-existent.

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Humans are overpowered ;-)

Congrats to Lycos on such a close run tournie - in the end it came down to me scoring 1 TD overall as had I not then Lycos would have taken it on the tiebreaker! :o

Grats to the Stikkinses for another fine motion, The Don for his performance, and Valen, The Chosen Gobbo, Rodders, Grumbledook, Pigstar and Hudson for 6 great games. I have the video - the question is can anyone less teckhno-noob than me host it on Youtube???

Video files are:
http://cid-2691cda1d9294d1d.skydrive.li ... 20Semi.mp4

and

http://cid-2691cda1d9294d1d.skydrive.li ... 0Final.mp4

(if anyone can't get them who can host on Youtube then PM me and I'm email them (about 15Mb total)

Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

I had a fantastic weekend, thanks to 6 great opponents for 6 brilliant games, and to Ian and Harriet for a super tournament. It was also nice to put some more names to faces.

stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

Well, another year and another poo!

Thanks to everyone who came for making it a great weekend.

Particular thanks to Dave (don vito) for doing a top job with the prizes.

Big gratz to geoff, great result wth humans!

See you all next year for poobowl 4 THE FOLLOW THROUGH!

Word to Your Mother.
Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

Big thanks to the Sticks, great weekend.
Big thanks to all my oppos, enjoyed evey game.

Cant wait for next year.

rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

Gut Charge final is here

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Just in case anyone such as Kithor is wondering what the heck is going on in that video, Thats MattWhile (aka KingFu Panda) warming up, Valen running past to show him what its all about and then to the left, the awesome LoveMunkey.

And if you think he was acting when he hit the floor, oh no. He was sparko and the damage looked worse in real life, the camera tones it down.

TFF mod team
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

So did lovemunky win? :lol: :lol:

Mr 1-in-20
mattwhile

Post by mattwhile »

No :lol: :lol: :lol:

thechosengobbo

Post by thechosengobbo »

Yeah, the opening managed to pick Matt enough bonus points in the 'style' category to clinch a win.

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)