Albabowl 13/14 June 2009

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

that aint so bad then

the mutations thing tho, bleh

Reason: ''
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

isn't it "auld firm" Dave?

Mr 1-in-20
jordellfreshbreeze
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by jordellfreshbreeze »

well just wanted to say what a great time i had,a great 10 days with gav and lorraine and the kids loads of fun and then rob hosting another great albabowl weekend loads of fun i will be back next year.

highlights for me was getting beat of rooneys halfings with dwarfs 1-0 and alos getting out cas aswell and seeing gav bye a steak for twenty pounds was great and seeing dave come back from the beach soaked,oh and thanks dave for the song i made up just for you.

well done to gav for winning and big thanks to all the players i played 6 great games and again big thanks to rob.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Ironjaw wrote:isn't it "auld firm" Dave?
Yeah but I'm not sure Grum would have been able to translate.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

you were wrong then ;]

hell even leon knew it

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

My first round opponent is NAF but our game is missing. Can Slaan teams no longer get registered, or is he just being ignored for some other reason?

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

We have sorted the UK championship thing for next year, the gobbo match up will be involving the bottom few tables from round 2 onwards, so anyone down there probably isnt competing for the UK championship anyway, so all sorted

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Valen wrote:We have sorted the UK championship thing for next year, the gobbo match up will be involving the bottom few tables from round 2 onwards, so anyone down there probably isnt competing for the UK championship anyway, so all sorted
Again, I have no expectation of being competitive in this, but your suggestion leaves out the first round where it can effect anyone and the 2nd where it can effect anyone who lost their first game.

5-0-1 is a record which will get you a pretty high placement in most tournies. This is still possible after a first round loss.

I think I like the Gobbo idea (only think as I'm not sure how I'd feel if I was chosen, I remember being glad that I wasn't on the 2nd day) but if there is a conflict between it and the UK championship then this doesn't sort it.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Don__Vito wrote:My first round opponent is NAF but our game is missing. Can Slaan teams no longer get registered, or is he just being ignored for some other reason?
Dave. I'm working on that. Iain has a NAF membership, but no one seems to be able to find it. I have sent it to pippy, so hopefully those results will show up at some point.

As for the rest of the of the crap. How about this? I will pull the Albabowl for the UK Championship. In fact, mabe i won't even bother seeking NAF sanctioning, and all those people who are so wrapped up in their UK Championness, and NAF rankings can take a flying Duck.

I'll host a smaller tourney with people who actually want to be there because of the tourney, not because of the rankings.

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

hoomin_erra wrote:I'll host a smaller tourney with people who actually want to be there because of the tourney, not because of the rankings.
Here here!

+1

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

hoomin_erra wrote:As for the rest of the of the crap. How about this? I will pull the Albabowl for the UK Championship. In fact, mabe i won't even bother seeking NAF sanctioning, and all those people who are so wrapped up in their UK Championness, and NAF rankings can take a flying Muck.

I'll host a smaller tourney with people who actually want to be there because of the tourney, not because of the rankings.
Stop talking reactionary nonsense.

The UK Chumpionship was always meant as a bit of a laugh. 1 game in 1 tournament throughout the whole year is very, very unlikely to change the eventual winner. If people get too upset about this then they need to chillax and remember it's just a game at the end of the day.

As the gobbo results aren't entered then no ones NAF points or ranking is on the line, so again that doesn't matter.

And get some more Plum Brandy and Fruity Rum Bums!! :lol:

p.s. Has Pippy tried NAF member "eion755"? Just a thought.... :wink:

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

I've already told him to Try Eion755. But he has some excuse of he is going away for a bit but will sort it when he gets back.

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

awww rob didn't realise you were so sensitive ;]

I've no interest in the UK championship with regards to myself, or I'd be taking undead/chaos dwarfs to the ones I attended

I do however feel it should be won on merit rather than bearding out a somewhat unconventional ruleset. (hence being behind the suggestion for next year you have to use different races)

The bottom tables goblin game seems fine, the mutations was all a bit :o but you realised that and dropped it this year

Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

I 100% go to this tourney for the setting and social side- hence taking goblins.

I think it's close between Manj, Mumbo and Stick at the moment. Hate them all...

Mr 1-in-20
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

hoomin_erra wrote:9. Ronnie
Hoomin - you've spelled "Roxanna" wrong. :lol: