Dutch Open 2009 31st Jan-1st Febr.

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Draco wrote:
Panico wrote:
Draco wrote:...players do not care about sticking with the timetable and arriving late. Maybe penalty points for that in the future?

Noooo!!! :blue:
I want to come back again, you can't do this to me... I'm Italian, you know :lol:
Luca, with Titouch around every year, it's not likely you're gonna win that tournament ever again, so who cares about a few minus points! :lol:
Ahh man, it's not the same. I do good (it has happened once in a while), ok (a hell of alot more frequently :roll: ) or bad (hey, it happens to the best of us :( ) but it's all my own fault. I don't need help with minus points as well... :lol:

Seriously though, I do think each case should be taken on the individual circumstance. Sometimes the minus is warranted, other times it cannot be helped. As long as the organizers show their typically clever understanding then I'm sure the very late would accept they points punishement... :)

(boy I miss this event, I really do. Still, there is always next year...)

Reason: ''
*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Had a blast, despite the disappointing turnout for the social side.

Big thanks to the German crew for making what there was so much fun. See you boys for more Cribbage soon I hope.

Also, the Spanish and Italians at the Outback for the Superbowl.

Biggest thanks to Lucy, Claudia, Niels and the other guy who I never found out who he actually was for organising it, and Draco for taking so much of my money.

All my opponents - it was a pleasure. Even the french guy who couldn't speak English.

FWIW -

Game 1 vs Lizards: His Krox went Bonehead at just the wrong time and gave my Dwarfs the opening they needed for the lead. That's all I remember in all honesty. Good game though. (Win)

Game 2 vs Dark Elves: I had decent-not-great dice. So did he. Problem being that his dice chose exactly the wrong times to go against him. Most memorable in the fact that despite FAME+2 he lost two Linemen (BH) in quick succession to beer mugs thrown onto the pitch by my fans. Added to the fact that I'd nailed two of his Elves already and his KOs didn't come back I think the fact that he damn near pulled out a draw when I got over confident says a lot. That one pink D6 needs to be burned though. (Win)

Game 3 vs Orcs: He doesn't speak much English. I speak a little, very poor, french. Interesting. His first turn makes it clear he's going for the thrown Gobbo. I send a Slayer after his Troll to counter that. Pushes. He makes the rolls. I grind up the field to equalise. He gets another shot. I know the toss is coming but can't do a thing to stop it, despite the fact that he's out of rerolls. Second half I grind up the pitch, but no matter what he'll get the chance to OTS against me. He gets two turns after i equalise again. Luckily it's third time unlucky and we shake hands on a very tense draw.

Game 4 vs Dark Elves: Mepmuff went on to become Dutch Champ. He played a very canny game, with nice use of his wrestling Witch Elf. Saturday I had the margins on my side, here they were against. Most notably a both down where a splat was needed to free up my Slayer to get my ball carrier free. Second half I go highly aggressive in my defence and pay the price. I got a consolation score, but the win was well deserved.

Game 5 vs Amazons: Candlejack was not too happy to be playing Dwarfs a second time. Lucky for him he had three guards where I had only two. This small edge allowed him to control the Line of scrimmage. Somehow I kept him out first half, with a little help from his dice. That help, and every bit of luck I'd had all weekend, came back to haunt me at the start of the second half: he got a blitz, my runner trying to get the ball to relative safety 1-rr-1 on a GFI, and then a slayer skull-rr-skull'd. This pretty much handed CJ the TD he'd really earned in the previous half, and left me with only 1 reroll and four turns to try and force in a score. Aggression again, but the dice just weren't there. I finally started whittling away at his team (14 players!) but it was too little too late.

The two losses dropped me 20 something places on day 2 from the lofty heights of two games on table 4 down to 31st place. At least I got the poster I liked best out of it.

Five good games, some good company - even with so many missed - and an even tourney record. That's all I ever ask of a tourney.

Reason: ''
I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.