Madhobbit Massacre 2009, 30-31 May, Amersfoort-Netherlands

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

miloquaser
Rookie
Rookie

Post by miloquaser »

Tha Playa's;

Marco Keja
David van Dijk
Richard Schaake
Marco Kok
Tim Mannens
Michel Schaake
Maite Wyckaert
David Rossenu
JJ
Jelmer
Quermitt
Xod
Kwek
Da Great MC
Pelle
Benji!
Yavatol
Vinz_D
Mole
Straeten
Wosret
Magictobe
Ken
Jeroen Dollekamp
sirsebstar
Don_Juan
brasssam

Reason: ''
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

meestervuist :o :o

I'll be playing Undead btw .. Dave's Return

Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

Is my counting inaccurate or are there as many Belgians as Dutchies attending this years edition???

Go go Belgium!!!

Counting the days ... Sigh, still five to go! :(

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

So I need to sign up for the BBQ&Beer or can I just decide to show up (and get drunk and fed)?

Nuffle Sucks!
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

Am I too late to attend the BBQ. I would like some food on tournament.

Thanks

pelle
Super Star
Super Star

Post by pelle »

@miloquaser: Ken won't be there this weekend. He had to cancel.
@ tube: I already told Peter that you would be there, he will get you an extra helping of lettuce 8)

Most Touchdowns @ NAF World Cup 2007.
The Goblin Slaughter Fest 2509 Champion.
Massacre Day III Champion.
Most CAS @ Oberonn Smack 2009
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

powergamer's question here:

freebooterz allowed??

quite expensive (at least _ 80000) but also already a skill (for example DP on a skell .. or Sure Hands on a ghoul .. )

Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Madhobbit Massacre 2009, 30-31 May, Amersfoort-Netherlan

Post by Yavatol »

miloquaser wrote:m@hobbit massacre 2009.
Rules;
LRB 6, swiss, resurrection, TV 110,
inducements allowed.

2 random skills after each match,
after match 3 one of these may be a 'double'.
these extra skills are not allowed on star players.
People were playing with 10 man and a star player (and this was fine by me), but you probably want to more clear about the option ruleswise. Also about what happens if somebody ignores the double and loweringtheir opponent's inducement by 10k.

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

good point .. the last bit may be a 'choice' kinda thing though ..

I had a blast of a weekend where not only the fun was both good and a lot but the BB was quite effective as well.

I brought undead for the first time to a tournie (not counting Tulips last year and the inofficial ramstel cup)

1st match:
Da Great MC, with wood elves.
He scored 1-0 and when I was busy equalizing he managed to sack the ball carrier 4 times, rolling a pow each time resulting in a 2-0 score at halftime. I got back into the game in teh second half, knocking out elves here and there and equalizing in turn 7 saying 'i'll win'. Needless to say I lost, this'll get important later in the story.

1 point, 2 TD 4 cas => mid table as I was the 'best loser' and nobody drew :o

2nd match:
Wosret, Khemri.
Did I already say Khemri suck in tournaments? I played them at the DO and flung them in a corner never to get used again, soon. I stopped his offence in the first half resulting in a 1-0 score for me in turn 8. I went on destroying his team in the second resulting in a 3-0 score, 7-1 in cas and one of the Tomb Guardians finally stayed off (dead) in turn 16 after I'd injured him twice before.

6 points, 5 TD 11 Cas => mid table

3rd match:
Mole, Also undead.
One of the closest and enjoyable matches I've ever played at a tournament. the game slowly went his way in the first half but I got one chance at the ball and made it. Slowly the game turned to me and the score at half time was 0-0. The second half was more of the same and I was forced to score in turn 12. I allmost stopped his TD but he made his dodge RR for the well deserved 1-1.

8 points, 6 TD, 12 Cas => more mid table

4th match:
Tim (dunno his nick), (pro) elf.
I allmost stopped his score but ag4 is still ag4. Equalized in turn 8. By that time quite a few (7) of his players hit the KO box, only one returned (maybe 2). The second half was the same, he made it quite hard for me to score and as his players (the remaining ones) refused to go off I scored in 13. Got the ball again after a blitz and scored 3-1 as well. In the last turn he finally got some more players back but that was to no avail.

13 points, 9 TD, 13 Cas => moving up

5th match:
Seb, Orcses
One of the weirdest matches I 've ever played. After 3 turns for both of us there were only 12 players left on the pitch. I lost 2 on a cas and 1 KO, he 3 on a cas, 1 ko and two more on a foul (spotted) and a failed dodge) I scored 2-0 before half time and got a blitz for 3-0. Seb came back into the game and scored 3-2 due to a string of failed pick ups but that didn't really matter for the score.

18 points, 12 TD, 18 cas => table one :o (4rd place, I had already played DGMC in round one remember, he was 2nd)

6th match:
JJ, Norse
Another very, very close match. My CAS machine had some sand in for 12 turns and I struggled towards a 1-0 lead. JJ had to win to be sure of the tournie victory so he scored quickly in the 2nd half (turn 12) I started failing pick ups again but all of a sudden the Cas Machine worked again. A RR-less hand off worked and a ghoul was able to score in two turns. 2 one dice attempts later he was still in that position and I managed the blit and the gfi 2-1.

23 points, 14 TD, 20 cas => second place!!

When the smoke had cleared Mats had won the tournament, leading one point before me. Then it dawned on me who I drew against in the 1st round ... I did win most TD's in the end, finished 3rd on cas and 3rd on sunday comeback as well, not too bad :D

now I promise never to mention it again. I will make the same decision any next time however, fun before winning!

Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

OK, they told me in advance that this was the best tournament in the year and that you have to attend this one.

I was wondering what it make better then other tournaments. Well I have to admit that they are correct. This IS the best tournament in the year.

The venue, the food, the accomodation, ...

I was glad I was there.

But, I sure would have scored a second TD in last match to have won the tournament.

Better luck next time.

Mauz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mauz »

Dave wrote: 3rd match:
Mole, Also undead.
One of the closest and enjoyable matches I've ever played at a tournament.
For me too. I enjoyed it very much.

I also enjoyed the matches versus Jort and Pelle, also very close and challenging. All and all a very enjoyable weekend!

Praise the Madhobbit Massacre

Naf Coach 'Mole'

"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
Vinz D.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vinz D. »

Thanks Miloquaser (and everyone behind the screens) for organizing a brilliant tournament!

Thanks to Madhobbit, Straeten, JJ, Kwék, MeneerTim and Wosret for six amazing games. Two close games against JJ (who scored the 2-1 in second half turn eight) and Kwék (true, he had Halflings, I'll admit it, but agility rolls weren't really my thing during the weekend, so failing that pass was for me not that unexpected)... In the end, it took a long wait and two Halfling coaches, but I've got my first award with the Most Casualties at the Madhobbit 2009! ^_^

I will definitely come next year too.

Greetz

"Goblin aficionado and collector of Wooden Spoons"
Xod
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xod »

Like last year, an awesome tournament!

Thanks to Peter for the sleeping place, the food, the booze, the organizing, ...

And thanks to my opponents for helping me win the Street Soccer game! :wink:

Holder of the Sunville Bowl dice!
*insert evil laughter*
Carloz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Carloz »

And thanks to my opponents for helping me win the Street Soccer game!
What? No extra Street Soccer game for Draco? Where is the world going to if old traditions get lost and forgotten :?:

All dwarfs are by nature dutiful, serious, literate, obedient and thoughtful people whose only minor failing is a tendency, after one drink, to rush at enemies screaming "Arrrrrrgh!" and axing their legs off at the knee. (TP)
Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

Carloz wrote:
And thanks to my opponents for helping me win the Street Soccer game!
What? No extra Street Soccer game for Draco? Where is the world going to if old traditions get lost and forgotten :?:
To win street soccer game you have to participate. Draco is not that good that he is possible to finish last when he is not participating.