The WPS Club Challenge - 16th-17th May 2009

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Must remember to read the rules and paint our own teams next time!! Ironically:

Glum used a team painted by Geoff.
Geoff used a team painted by me.
I used a team sculpted (if not painted) by Geoff.

But none of the teams we used were painted by ourselves... :cry: :-?

Reason: ''
UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

gsot_5 wrote: I went 2 wins and a draw versus the Northern Gaylords showing that they're average and everyone else was just turd. lol.
Thats quite true. I managed to come away with a 2-1-2 split but lost & drew the games against NAF members, I cant even remember my win on Sunday morning! :)

For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

gsot_5 wrote:Can of worms open? would swapping me and pippy around cause flame on to win the CC....
Interesting point. Dave has already emailed the organisers to ask them to check into this.

Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

I had a great weekend.

Played the now trademarked Barney sunday crash and burn!

Although I've heard other people had bad experiences of the hotel, I didn't have any problems at all.

As far as the shield goes, I've got no issues with the result. the Warlords beat us on gamng fair and square, so they deserve the shield. I'm sure Jimany and Nippy will have similar views.

I will take Geoff's shoes as a comprimeise though :lol:

Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Absolutely agree with Barney, I wouldn't want to win on a technicality! Had a great weekend, a couple of bruising encounters that included suffering my first (and hopefully last) Lizardman pitch clearance :oops: and good games against everyone, including a real epic vs Glyn. Next year, the BB shield has Flame On written all over it!

That's huge
Pipey

Post by Pipey »

Barney, Nipples - that's very gracious of you both.

Noticed the deafening silence from Jimmy. Didn't realised how desperate to win he was... :wink:

I will be bringing my own team next year. Though to be perfectly honest I think a potential 10 point drop (more or less the difference between winning and losing) is a very harsh penalty for those who don't paint their own figures.

I think the BB Shield is going to be even more hotly contested next year!

gsot_5
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gsot_5 »

Yeah on here I was only joking.

To make the point that painting scores are a joke.

My thread on the warhammer forum, explained this in full.

Gaming scores are all that NAF counts so thats what most people left the event feeling.

All though it is hilarious that it's the northern warlords that did it. Confirming every net nerds fear for the last 3 years... THEY'RE CHEATING BSTARDS RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!

:)

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

gsot_5 wrote:All though it is hilarious that it's the northern warlords that did it. Confirming every net nerds fear for the last 3 years... THEY'RE CHEATING BSTARDS RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!

:)

lol - the irony of it all is that, apart from personal glory, Pippy getting extra marks for painting didn't affect the NWUK or NWA results.

Even more ironic is that Pippy was the Blood Bowl umpire and PAID to run the BB section...... :roll: I think next year Conrad needs the peer review for employing such a useless twunt :lol:

gsot_5
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gsot_5 »

What about you winning it though? Did that effect the results? Oh snap!

I think all the warlords should be forced to forfeit their games and have their NAF dice crushed for heinous crimes against essentially themselves (well Pippy and we all abused him a little bit already)

All hail Jimmany the true paint/gaming master of the CC!

/sarcasm

EDIT: forgot the standard this post is a joke smily.. :) there you go

Pipey

Post by Pipey »

Hello, do you have Fly Fishing by J. R. Hartley?

:wink:

Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

:D of course I agree with mark and barney. Well done chaps!

I agree on the paintings scores, I don't think they really add anything to the event.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Come on "Yee Haw", when are we getting this reverse shoe on? Skaven are all ready & waiting....!! :lol:

Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

I'd like to see painting scores kept seperate from the overall result. Keep painting for the best painted trophy, but not add it to gaming scores. There's nothing worse than losing a placing because your not able to paint as well as the next guy, even if you beat them on the table.
Though with me, neithers likely to happen :D

For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

For those that haven't seen it, here's a feedback form for this years event:

http://www.the-wps.com/index.php?option ... e=feedback