Waterbowl 'Stunty Slam' 2009 - 20th June, Ashton-under-Lyne

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

lucifer wrote:Plans have changed, so count me in.....!! :D
Will do, Geoff! :)

Reason: ''
Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Leip' You got a days schedule or start time so I can plan ahead when I have to leave on the day to get there?

"In Dodge We Trust"
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

As above.....anybody??

"In Dodge We Trust"
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Sorry Pug :oops:

Schedule will be something like this:

9am – Registration

9.15 – Game 1

11.30 – Game 2

1.30 Lunch

2pm – Game 3

4.30 – Game 4

6.45 – Results/Prizes

Rulespack should be finished tomorrow :)

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Is anyone going to be going out on the sat night for drinks or is everyone going to disband again like last year and leave me, Gobbo and the pervert to look after a very (very, very, very) drunken Rob.

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
thechosengobbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by thechosengobbo »

shaniepoo wrote:leave me, Gobbo and the pervert to look after a very (very, very, very) drunken Rob.
That's not a very nice way to talk about Geoff!

And it seems you completely forgot that Wightlord was there too :lol:

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
ninjahamster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ninjahamster »

I'm sure I could be persuaded to venture out somewhere :D

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Ok, these are the prospective rules. Any (useful :wink: ) thoughts welcome:

Round 1 – vanilla bloodbowl

Round 2 – winter weather chart

Icy Conditions

2 Avalanche: The thunderous sound of a baying crowd has caused an avalanche! Roll a D6 for each player on the pitch. On a 6 the player is stunned.

3-4 Snow, snow, snow! There has been heavy snow fall and the pitch is covered! The blanket of deep snow makes for soft landings. Thrown team mates get +1 to landing roll. However, the deep snow makes it harder to get going. Players that land successfully after they are thrown must roll D6 - on a 2+ the player can continue to make their move. However, on a 1, they are stuck and that player spends the rest of their turn trying to dig themselves out of the snow! Kick-offs do not bounce either.

5-8 Blizzard. 5-8 Blizzard. Its cold and snowing! The ice on the pitch means that any player attempting to move an extra square (GFI) will slip and be knocked down on a roll of 1-2, while the snow means that only quick or short passes can be attempted.

9-10 Snow Storm. Snow is falling at a great rate of knots and it is making it nigh on impossible to see. All passes, hand-offs and catches are -1.

11-12 Black Ice. The icy conditions have made it treacherous under-foot, as it is extremely slippy! The ice means that players may go for it 3xs. However, the ice makes it hard to keep control. GFIs are made using a the throw in template to determine direction. If the player collides with another player, roll a d6 for both players. On a 4+ the player hits the ground (there is no armour/injury roll). If the moving player is not knocked over, they can continue going for it.

Round 3 – Play your cards right!
Each coach is given 200gp to spend on cards. They can choose to allocate this cash as they like e.g. 1 x 200gp, 2 x 100gp or 4 x 50gp. The cards are, as usual, drawn randomly from the chosen set e.g. karma.

Round 4 – ‘Spuds Check!’
The teams are playing their game in the most feared stadium in the Old World, the Neue Den. The crowd are baying for the blood of both sides and the atmosphere is not for the nervous and some players will buckle under the pressure!

A player has to show that they have the 'spuds' to score. When a ball carrying player approaches the line, they have to make a 'spuds check'. This is not rerollable On a 2+, everything is fine and they can go that final square into the endzone and score. However, if a 1 is the outcome, then the player does not have the 'spuds' to proceed. Their turn ends with them one step from touchdown glory :shock: and possibly ripe for a mauling :D!

Similarly, if a player is already in the endzone and is awaiting a pass/hand-off, they have to make the 'spuds check' to see if they have the bravery to catch the ball and provoke the ire of the baying hordes around them! On a 1, the player refuses to make the catch and the ball hits the deck, scattering 1 square.

A failed spuds check is not an automatic turnover. This means that there is the chance for protection to arrive for the ball carrying runner. Similarly, if the catch is refused, then the turn can continue if the ball lands in someone elses hands...
What do you think?

thechosengobbo

Post by thechosengobbo »

Love the cards idea. Interested to see the 'spuds' mechanic.

As usual, crazy weather for stunties is always amusing :)

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

lol - I want black ice just so I can run my players in a circle and then start GFI'ing for my life into the opposition!!! Talk about a great way to pseudo-blitz!! :lol:

Just to clarify Snow, Snow, Snow. After the "However, on a 1, they are stuck" should it then have "and that player's go immediately ends as he spends the rest of the turn getting back out". Otherwise it sounds like they're stuck there for the rest of the game!! :D

Also Snow Storm, did you want this to affect TTM? (currently makes it more likely to fumble, whereas the flavour text indicates harder to see). That's cool if that's the case, just wanted to check.

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Have amended 'Snow, snow, snow' to make it clearer (thanks, G)
Still trying to make my mind up about TTM and Snow Storm. I am leaning towards it affecting TTM, but I see what you mean re: flavour.
I also like your approach to Black Ice :lol: (Don't forget that you still have to make dodges where appropriate e.g. if you are sliding between players or GFIing away from a player you have hit but you both stayed on your feet).

I have also added in the 'Spuds Check' rules:

A player has to show that they have the 'spuds' to score. When a ball carrying player approaches the line, they have to make a 'spuds check'. This is not rerollable On a 2+, everything is fine and they can go that final square into the endzone and score. However, if a 1 is the outcome, then the player does not have the 'spuds' to proceed. Their turn ends with them one step from touchdown glory :shock: and possibly ripe for a mauling :D!

Similarly, if a player is already in the endzone and is awaiting a pass/hand-off, they have to make the 'spuds check' to see if they have the bravery to catch the ball and provoke the ire of the baying hordes around them! On a 1, the player refuses to make the catch and the ball hits the deck, scattering 1 square.

A failed spuds check is not an automatic turnover. This means that there is the chance for protection to arrive for the ball carrying runner. Similarly, if the catch is refused, then the turn can continue if the ball lands in someone elses hands...

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

I know lots of you have already paid :), but I can I chase those that haven't yet - I need to get some prizes sorted :)

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Paid

Just got to paint up my 16 snotlings now. 8)

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Money received. Thanks Shane :)