ThrudBall 2009 25th -26th July (UK Champion Tournament)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

mattwhile
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mattwhile »

Grumbledook wrote:glad it doesn't involve shane, pippy and wightlord
:lol:

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Lycos and Stick in the final again for the third year running, though this time Lycos finally managed to beat Stick.

mattwhile got the most points overall to come in third place, was all very close at the top

had a great laugh and over £1500 was raised from the auction, with more getting added from various other things, I'm sure frank will post a total when he has one

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Congrats to Frank again - good job.

Boo to Stick and especially Lycos - about time he started letting others get a look in. ;)

Extremely pi$$ed off to have to work late this weekend, and next. Roll on Albion...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

stick was 1 point ahead after 5 games

lycos, matt and iirc ben (don't know his naf name) were all tied 1 point behind him

first differential was TD scored (i think difference is better but it is TD scored on the rules pack for the tournament) and all 3 of them had scored 9 touchdowns (matt had the best difference though)

so the next was CAS caused matt and ben had caused 11 each but lycos won it with 13, so he got his third final in a row and finally a win

had a blast though and some really really good games, the french guys who stayed at mine were all good and really got in the spirit of things

some crazy stuff happened on the saturday night (when doesn't it)

though with how close things were at the top of the table I think all those guys did really well and one of any number of coaches could have won it

the only bad thing about the weekend was that I lost to a ginger ;[

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Grumbledook wrote:.... ben (don't know his naf name) ......
Ben is Blood Bowl Nut.

Gratz all round to the winners. I didnt get last :lol: :lol: 34th after 2-1-3.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Many thanks to all who made it happen, had a great time ( & got a free pie, just doesnt get better than that :D )

Big shout to all my opponents, had 6 great games, difficult to say any one stood out they where all really close matches ( except the 3-0 stuffing I got) however killing the Minotaur with a skink did get a round of applause from the hall :lol:

Hope to see you all next year, yes i will be defending my title (Stunty Cup)

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Fantastic tournament. Well organised, smoothly run, and a good giggle.

Matty was the real loser here, if only he'd had some guts with Thrud. Alas it seemed that Thrudwhile had spotted Geoff in the crowd and ran off to give him a cuddle.... eventually costing him the game as well as those crucial casualties :P Time to write some poetry :D

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Grumbledook wrote:good stuff aint seen you in yonks
Grumbledook wrote:the only bad thing about the weekend was that I lost to a ginger ;[
Hahahahahahaha pwned.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Grumbledook wrote:the only bad thing about the weekend was that I lost to a ginger ;[
Was it buggritt ? If so you have my sympathy!!!

DeeTee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DeeTee »

Fab Tourney. Great organisation, great opponents.... slightly sucky results :(

Ah well... better luck next time!

I had an awesome time. Top marks to Frank and his team and thanks to everyone I met across the table... if you could refrain from scoring quite so much next time around I would be most grateful! :wink:

duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

Well done Frank, Mark and Alf (Althea).

Great tourney and some great games.

I learned some new BB Terminology from my last round opponent who was French. It seems our cross channel friends refer to a Crowd Surf as a 'Push into the Public' which I found quite amusing.

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Aaron sorry for the spawny TDs!!! Oh, And putting 5 of your Orcs in the Dead and injured box!

Still reeling from the Mealy Worms Snowballing incident...and Mike Morelli's BLEEDING Bare Waxed Armpits...and all four Thrudlike competitors Thrudlike stories...

Not sure we can surpass this years achievements...

gotta go, have about 3 weeks work to do (doing a 6AM - 10PM all week!)

hence piccys and selected video footage (FWPOTE!) will take me a week or two to get onto utube &or website...

PLEASE email me or put on this post any tourny pictures you took so I can add them to the archive 2009!

Thrudtastic!!!
Frank

musicwithrocksin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by musicwithrocksin »

Congrats to the winners, and many thanks to everyone who organised the Thrudbowl and those who turned up to play. A big thanks to everyone who I was up against for making every game a good 'un. If this is the standard of non-GW tournys then I shant be bothering with the GT again.
Great atmosphere and a great weekend. Thanks again y'all.

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Was a great weekend and above all, well done to all for raising £1500 for cancer charities. That is a fantastic effort and puts any results in the right place.

The results are in the NAF site and may I say thanks to all my 6 oppo's for great games and roll on next year.

Also... the Stick made his 4th final in a row. Impressive.

TFF mod team
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Hopefully we should raise more than this, the £1500 was just the auction total - we also have ticket sales, ltd edition merchandice (not for resale, remember, chaps, please!) and the Bush Tucker Trial sponsor money, plus collections at the Rox Festival in Bognor and Tescos to go....

...plus some idiot is jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane... :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :o :o :o :o :cry: :-? :cry: :-? 11th September, wish me luck(and a soft landing)!
Frank