Britcon, Manchester UK, (14th-16th August)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Ronnie90210
Jason Priestly
Location: Evesham, Worcstershire, England (or maybe in my Wacky Races Car No 90210)

Post by Ronnie90210 »

so i take the play off is the top 8 then?

and when do you want the payments in by mate?

Reason: ''
"Living the Dream!!"
thechosengobbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by thechosengobbo »

Payments are going into the Britcon main site via the 'delegate entry' button at the bottom of the page I linked. No definite times, but I think ASAP would be an idea, let them know we've got players turning up.

If we get to 16 players, playoffs will also include a 'best of the rest' playoff for the bottom 8.

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
Ronnie90210
Jason Priestly
Location: Evesham, Worcstershire, England (or maybe in my Wacky Races Car No 90210)

Post by Ronnie90210 »

sorry for keep on asking questions again but....

1) is this going to be NAF ranked and

2) what happens if you don't want a room, how much will it cost?

"Living the Dream!!"
thechosengobbo

Post by thechosengobbo »

Not a problem, I'm happy to answer questions.

1) No NAF ranking, I started organising this too late (my post here was made only two days after one of the Britcon organisers contacted me). Next year I hope to be ranked however.

2) I have no idea. You'd need to email the Britcon authorities. They keep on beating around the bush when I ask this giving ansewrs like "based on interest" and "it's the intention that people stay in the hotel"

If people email, they might realise there definitely is interest, and finaly get a definite price for the tourney with no hotel room. Email the address shoen on the first page of the Britcon site.

Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Cant see the Naf ranking a league. By the nature of league play each game is not 50/50 in tems of challenge and team power as it would be in a tournament.

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

Ronnie90210 wrote: 2) what happens if you don't want a room, how much will it cost?
Hi ronnie, I've been to Britcon for other systems a couple of times. The way they run the event is based on people staying on campus.

If you have a manchester postcode, you can book a day ticket for £40 straight away.

Otherwise you have to wait until they release the day tickets to general sale.

Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Barney is spot on:

"A limited number of day entries may become available on a first come basis, if there are any table spaces available after residential bookings are filled. Announcements concerning this will be made at a later date and they cannot be pre-booked until that time. Players whose permanent home address is a Manchester postal code can enter on a day basis at any time. The cost of a day package is £40.00 and does not include breakfast or parking. Please note that there are no exceptions to this rule."

If you are needing a room then the package cost is actually quite competetive.

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
thechosengobbo

Post by thechosengobbo »

Great, I'm organising the thing and no-one I'm talking with pointed that out to me :roll:

Then again, I've not seen any list of people booked/interested outside of the one I made on this forum. I appreciate this is a BIG convention, but a little more info my way...

I digress.

This tourney is looking at being small. However there will be prize support.

To start off with, I'm the UK representitive (I like giving myself fancy titles) for RollJordan miniatures. I'll be selling them on site for 10% off the website price, if anyone wants anything just PM me and I'll bring it along (I'll have some stock there with me anyway).

The rizes (except for the first prize plaque) will be RJ miniatures. I'm not entirely sure which yet, as I haven't decided which singles to give away.

Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Small is good for a league!

Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Although, if people don't wan't to stay, i'm sure there are people with manchester post codes who could buy a couple of tickets :wink:

Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Ruby and I have sent off payment.

Wormy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Wormy »

Count me as 'interested'

I'll let you know after Newquaybowl. :o

BIG Pete
Experienced
Experienced

Post by BIG Pete »

Im definatly coming Stu is working the week end, so im up for it. payment sent at the end of the week

[Currently sitting in corner, Grinning madly]
Shaniepoo on Children: "Is it child abuse if they enjoy it?"
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Hi dunc, do youknow if you still have places for this??

really want to go, but have been a bit shit in getting organised.

Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Theres definately places Barney.