The TOWER of POWER BB TOURNAMENT (Metro-Atlanta, GA. USA)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

The TOWER of POWER BB TOURNAMENT (Metro-Atlanta, GA. USA)

Post by Digger Goreman »

Alright... I'm gonna start small-ish and run my first BB tournament at the all-weekender at the end of July.... The below info is pretty much the way I want to go, but I know I don't know it all....

I think, iirc, a 1.1 million, resurrection tournament is fairly popular and "doable"(? ).... One question on "resurrection": is that FULLY back to the way a player was (with any skill gains in tournament) or do niggles and stat decreases remain? How much is a "bye" worth...?

Again, if anyone has a url/advice on the tourney, PLEASE let me know....

The maleable specifics so far:

At:

The Tower Game Store
860 Duluth Hwy, Suite 156
Lawrenceville, GA. 30043
678-442-1787
http://www.thetowergames.com

Date:

July 24, 25, 26 2009, during All Weekend Gaming AWG 75

Format:

1.1 million teams. 5 round Swiss/Resurrection. 1 point per win; 1/2 point per tie; 0 point per loss. Random bye if odd number of teams with no team allowed more than one bye in the tournament. 4-minute Timer and Illegal Procedure calls are by pre-game coaches agreement, but no game can last longer than 3 hours.... Be sporting at all times, please.

Skills:

One regular skill at the end of each round, with an optional doubles skill after round 3. No player may have more than one skill upgrade in the tournament.

Inducements:

It should'nt happen, but all inducements are allowed.

Reason: ''
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

resurrection was just coined as resetting each team every round but allowing a skill

this saves anyone travelling a long way and getting their team destroyed in the first game then not wanting to play any more

not aware of any tournaments that give a bye either

you just have one coach who plays if there is an odd number, or doesn't if there is an even one, this is usually one of the organisers

you also list 5 games over 3 days, you may want to expand on that, is it at some sort of convention so one of the days isn't actually for the tournament but to give ppl a day to nose around?

course 3 hours per game is a lot of leeway, gl hope it goes well even with the short notice

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Mucho gracias for the reply, GD.... 8)

This is (at the moment) mostly a local thing, and I'm expecting a modest turn out from the local gang.... If it pumps up a little interest, then all the better!

Ok... resurrection looks good... total reset... check....

I thought/think that three hours is quite generous, also.... Maybe give some of that nosing around time for people that "get 'er done"....

I was thinking Round 1 on Friday night ~ 7pm; Round 2 on Saturday at 8:30am; Round 3 at 12:30pm; Round 4 at 4:00 pm; Round 5 at 8:00pm.... Hopefully that's enough time for bumming around and meals.... Could do an Optional Playoff on Sunday if a tie occurs and both coaches want it....

Are there any gaping holes in the format/skill selection process, etc.?

bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

Starting round 5 at 8:00 PM could lead to some seriously late games. :o

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

bjorn9486 wrote:Starting round 5 at 8:00 PM could lead to some seriously late games. :o
Agreed, but it's a 24 hour, round the clock affair.... Told my folks not to even expect me home for 3 days (although that's an exaggeration and I'm only 15 mins from the store)....

11pm max.... Shouldn't be a problem....

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Here's the email sent out to the Game Store and possible participants I knew of:
At:

The Tower Game Store
860 Duluth Hwy, Suite 156
Lawrenceville, GA. 30043
678-442-1787
www.thetowergames.com

Date:

July 24, 25, 26 2009, during All Weekend Gaming AWG 75
Round 1: Friday 7pm
Round 2: Saturday 8:30am
Round 3: Saturday 12:30pm
Round 4: Saturday 4:00pm
Round 5: Saturday 8:00pm
If a tie occurs: Playoff w/overtime Sunday 1:00pm IF both coaches agree to playoff....

Format:

1.1 million teams. 5 round Swiss/Resurrection (all team players are back for next game without damage; added skills kept) . 1 point per win; 1/2 point per tie; 0 point per loss. Random bye if odd number of teams with no team allowed more than one bye in the tournament. 4-minute Timer and Illegal Procedure calls are by pre-game coaches agreement (no overtime), but no game can last longer than 3 hours.... Be sporting at all times, please. Rulebook is LRB 5.0 + playtest rules + playtest teams....

Skills:

One regular skill at the end of each round, with ONE optional doubles skill (you may take a doubles skill OR a regular skill) at the end of round 3, or later. No player may have more than one skill upgrade in the tournament.

Inducements:

It should'nt happen, but all inducements are allowed.
Thus begins the ToP Tourney legacy!

gsot_5
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gsot_5 »

Damn I'm in Atlanta from the 27th.

Maybe next year we'll make this an int'l affair!

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

I game on the north end of the city.... Mon, Wed & Fri are usually freed up....