THE POO BOWL #4 Lougborough U.K. 9th - 10th January 2010

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Re: THE POO BOWL #4 Lougborough U.K. 9th - 10th January 2010

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Cheers Pippy, food for thought definitely. Faced with the same issue, I've tried 2 Dive Tackle skinks and found it reasonable, but both options seem to have downsides (redundency and lack of mobility for tackle sauri, fragility for dt skinks). I think it was this issue that led me to try both DT and Stand Firm on the Krox, both of which I like.

Reason: ''
That's huge
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Ironjaw wrote:I've just noticed Pubbowlers going. I hope he doesn't win as well, although if anyone reads this in time, be sure to ask him about eyebrows.
No fear there.
Enjoyed all my games, even against Gav "I don't care what the weatherman says" Sutton.

And Pippy used refractive surgery and whether you can sneeze and cough at the same time as his distration attempt.

So no eybrow chat.
And I'd brought a powerpoint presentation as well.

Thanks to Ian, Harriet and all my opponents.

Except Gav.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Meant to do this earlier, but here is a run down of my games with Undead:

Stick (0-1 loss vs. Khemri) - Not a great draw to start, but LRB6 Khemri are rubbish aren't they? Apparently not. The extra MA gave the Tomb Guardians the ability to hold off and reposition. Had two 3/4 shots for a knockdown that would have sent me clear, but fluffed both. Meanwhile Ian was destroying my team. 0-0 at the half, I could have been down if not for Khemri ball handling. 9 KOs or cas in the first 10 turns tells the story, I kicked with 9 men (inc only 1 Mummy) and Ian produced a solid grind for the win.

Pippy (0-1 loss vs Lizardmen) - My reward for a tough draw and a dice bumming in round 1? Pippy. :x Pippy received and I made an early tactical error, pressuring too far forward without being decisive. Bren took advantage and played better BB, deserving his 1-0 lead after a comfortable stall. Last action of the half saw me reroll a 2D push with a Mummy only to roll double skulls and kill myself (failed regen). 2nd half plodded along until I took out a couple of Saurus. Thought I was in but Bren defended well leaving my Ghoul two 3+ dodges and a GFI to score. Failed the first 1/9.

Tiamo69 (1-1 draw vs Necros) - Odd game, Phil ended his first turn leaving me a surf on his Werewolf and his second with a free 2D block on his ball carrier. But I had overcommited to the surf on one side and when the ball bounced kindly he could pick up/hand off/score for a neat TD. Ground successfully for 1-1 at the half. Was aiming for 2-1 and stalled deep for most of the 2nd half, then it all went wrong. Phil killed 2 positionals in 2 blocks to put on the pressure, then I opted to stall rather than give away a 2-turn chance. Two 1/9s in a row happened and it finished 1-1.

Gazza (2-0 win vs Ogres) - Despite his Master Chef making 5 out of 6 rolls, with only 4 Ogres Gazza struggled against my Mummies and Guard-ers. Amusing start to the game with my team needed 56 attempts to roll a POW on a snotling, the only knockdowns coming on triple both downs when I wanted a push to mark the ball carrier. :lol:

Matt While (3-0 win vs Goblins) - Saved all my luck up for a game against Gobs. :roll: By turn 2 Matt's chainsaw, fanatic and both Trolls were dead (one regen'd). One Troll killed by his own bomber, who went loco hitting about 8 players and never failing an AV roll. Unfortunately all the ones that counted were on Matt's own players. Matt had a horrible game, played mostly with just Goblins on the pitch and failed 1/9s at the worst moments. Enjoyable game nonetheless! :D

Geggster - (1-1 draw vs Norse) - Swings and roundabouts. Started all my way, doing some damage and plodding along waiting for the chance to break. But when Paul when for the 'all or nothing commit' my dice turned, starting with a double skull and then immediately followed by a 1/9 failure to leave my ball carrier next to the Snow Troll. In the end I was grateful to go in 0-0 at halftime. Second half I rolled Blitz! - I could just get under the ball, but couldn't protect it. In the end this worked for Paul, as all my fast players commited long - he got the ball and ran away for the score after a perfectly timed stun left him free. I had 4 turns to equalise and a Riot made it 3. Ran up one wing and Paul rolled three 1s in a row to let me walk in the equaliser. A draw probably the fair result.

Finished 2-2-2 (7-4 tds, 19-11 cas)

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

Wow, Joe. Didn't seem like the dice were with you over the weekend. Nice report and lets hope that karma balances out. :)

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I just like to bleat. :wink:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.