THE POO BOWL #4 Lougborough U.K. 9th - 10th January 2010

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: THE POO BOWL #4 Lougborough U.K. 9th - 10th January 2010

Post by besters »

Thanks to all for a great tournament, particularly Ian and Harriet for the organisation.

As usual really enjoyed the curry, looking forward to next year already.

Can't believe Dave has got it all on the NAF site already!

Reason: ''
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Great tournry guys again. Good atmosphere. Fun Games (Especially the 9 TD game :smoking: )

Really enjoyed it and will look forward to next year.

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Ironjaw wrote:PurpleGoo for the win you Bat...!
Thanks for the, erm, support?! ;)

Doubre Britz Rycos in round five finished my Orcish contention (next time, Chinese Gadget!), perhaps if you were there Leon you could have goaded him into an error / fed him a fourth bottle of wine on Saturday for me!

Hope everyone made it home nice and safely, thankfully it seemed my route home was missed by all of the worst weather. Had myself 6 really fun games this weekend, enjoyed myself. Until next time!

Shitty beef!

Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

besters wrote:Can't believe Dave has got it all on the NAF site already!
He always does when he wins a tournament... :wink:

Mr 1-in-20
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

mattwhile wrote:Rycos won with 5-1-0 with Skaven.

Tritex most t/d's with Woodies.

Pippy most cas with Lizzies.

Luvmunkey won stunty cup.

Shaniespoon got the spoon.
...and the HFH got "King o' the 'Flings!"
0-4-2!!

"In Dodge We Trust"
Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

Great weekend and with 4 games on sat and 2 on sun we got back to cornwall by just after 10

Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 09 with 24
Most Casualties @ PK&Q 09 with 21
Most Casualties @ GT 09 with 28
Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 11 with 28
Most Casualties @ ARRBL 13 with 30
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Thanks to Stickinsinsezes for another good turd-in-a-pub. Commiserations must go to "Gentleman Jim" Besters who was a 2+ with reroll away from probably winning the event!

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Thanks to Ian and Harriet for another great event. And for Ian for proving that LRB6 Khemri are truly broken and should be banned. :wink:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Gazza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gazza »

Thanks to Ian and Harriet for a great tourney, and cheers to Paul, Sir Pug, Daz, Joe, Shane and Phil for 6 great games. See most of you at Waterbowl.

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Thanks for a great weekend guys.

Special thanks go to Lycos on a fun 1st game (1st time we have crossed paths even though ive been going to tournaments for 6ish years), Matt for making me laugh after i heard him shouting at the bar staff coz he had a snowball thrown at him... 'It hit him in the ear and it's f**ed up!' :lol: , Mrs Stick for not making me cry this time round when she stepped in to play me on game 4, Love Monkey for my last game and winning the stunty cup by the 1 extra point he got from ne failing to dirty his sheet in the last game, and Pug for putting me up for the night.

Must admit that the Stunty slam became a real compertition between the 6 stunties (well... 5 stunties. I didnt come anywhere near the stunty cup :oops: ).

But all things aside i had a great time and after i finish reading my new guide to american football i will be rolling up into 1st place in my next few tournaments... :roll:

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

Thanks again sticks for a great weekend. 4 games on the saturday seemed like a marathon but getting of early on the sunday was sweet.

STAB!

I have the con.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Adding to what everyone else has said – great tourney. Well done Ian and Harriet!

Thank you to all my opponents. Some cracking games using Lizzies.

JimJimany (1-2 loss vs. Dark Elf) – Shame we couldn’t finish this one. Starting late, we ran out of time on Turn 4 of the 2nd half and I lost out on the chance equalise after Jimmy had made it 2-1. If we’d had the full 16 turns each, I wonder whether things would’ve panned out differently. I can’t complain though - at 1-1 and Jimmy in possession, he was always favourite.

Joemanji (1-0 win vs. Undead) – Receiving, I got a couple of players up and managed a pretty straightforward 8 turn grind. Meanwhile Joe was losing a lot of players, including a mummy who killed himself and failed to regenerate! In the second half, fortunes swung a little back towards Joe as he killed a couple of sauri. He had a chance to make it 1-1 with some ghoul dodges, but failed the first one. Consider myself a little lucky to have taken the win in this one.

Stick (1-1 draw vs. Khemri) – This was a very good game. I received and stick rolled blitz, charging a few of his (now faster) khemri at the ball. I picked up to relieve the pressure. Over the next few turns I managed to take out a few skellies and exploited the gaps to get into a decent stalling position… Under a little pressure I decided to score in turn 7, leaving him two turns to make it 1-1. No chance with khemri thought I, but he did it with a long bomb to a blitz-ra! I started the 2nd half with 10 men and feared the worst. However it wasn’t long before I got the opportunity to mob the ball carrier with three skinks. The ball bounced around for a bit (including being held briefly by a mummy) but eventually I picked up with a skink and he was away!! Or was he? A Johnny Skelly made two dodges to pow down the skink. After that, things got bogged down and it ended in a draw.

MattWhile (4-0 win vs. Goblin) – Good to play Matt for the first time, but his gobbos took one hell of a beating from my 5 block / 2 tackle saurus/krox pack. A one-sided tier 1 vs. tier 3 game in the end. Matt did have his moments though: nearly taking all my skinks off the pitch at one point in the first half…

PubBowler (2-0 win vs. Orc) – This was a flattering scoreline and a well-fought match. I received and after fluffing a couple of early krox blitz-attempts, I found myself under a lot of pressure, having to make some key skink dodges to get myself out of jail. I was forced into a ‘no-man cage” strategy (=Porrittbowl) which only succeeded after a dodging saurus managed to mark up Dave’s sweeper. I scored in turn 7, and Dave failed his two turn score attempt. All in all, I was very lucky to be 1-0 at the half. In the second half, the three-skink ball hunting team did the trick for me again and after a cheeky pick up in 2 TZs by a fourth skink, the writing was on the wall. Dave was unlucky not to manage a consolation TD at the end. As I say, 2-0 was flattering.

Lucifer (1-1 draw vs. Necro) – I received and, frankly, battered Porritt for 8 turns of the first half. He was down to 5 or 6 players in the end though nearly caused some strife with a successful 6 up dodge into my cage. The dodging ghoul couldn’t knock down my ball carrier, and I scored in T8 for 1-0 at the half. In the second half, Geoffrey was on the run from square 1. I kicked to the endzone and he failed to pick it up. I charged him with my tackle saurus, krox and a skink or two. For the next 7 turns Geoff played some fantastic ‘get out of jail’ BB making several risky 3-up and 4-up dodges and surviving 10 dice at his blodging ball carrier. In the end he managed to score in turn 8 to my dismay! Porrittbowl at its best!! Annoyed not to get the win from the position I was in, but with hindsight it was cracking entertainment and Geoff played really well to dig himself out of a hole.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Any chance of a run down of the final placings Ian?

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Sounds like a great tourney guys, really hope to make it next year!

@ Pippy (slight sidetrack, sorry) - 2 tackle sauri sounds like a bit of a departure for you, and from the sounds of your game summaries you weren't always able to get the tacklers were you needed them. Happy with those choices in retrospect?

That's huge
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Hi Nipples

I took block krox and thre block saurus for G1-3 and another block and two tackle for G4-6.

Bit of a departure, yes. Rationale was to improve my chances against the teams which are hardest for lizards to beat i.e. the elf teams / skaven.

Played goblins G4 - tackle helped me to 9 casualties but tbh it would've been tough for the gobbos even without the tackle

Played orcs G5 - tackle was totally useless

Played necro G6 - tackle was very handy for knocking down blodging ghouls and tying them up. Used it several times in the first half, at key moments too. In the second half I frequently had the blodging ball carrier tagged by my only remaining tackler (Geoff injured the other one in turn 1) and was able to knock down the other ghoul with tackle a couple of times too. I was never able to get my single tackler to hit the ball carrier though - well played Geoff!

All food for thought though. Still not convinced by break tackle as a definite option. Obviously the fact that tackle was zero use vs. orcs is a problem, but it was handy against the other two.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com