The Scrumpy Cup 2010, 24th/25th April, Somerset

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Re: The Scrumpy Cup 2010, 24th/25th April, Somerset

Post by Lycos »

Really good weekend Gaffer, the venue was great, the pub landlords were great hosts although not so keen on that home made Chilli Vodka.....jeepers. Still it has probably killed all known bacteria in my system for a year.
But wasnt it was nice to play in the sunshine in the pub garden saturday and good atmosphere today. Good weekend.

Reason: ''
TFF mod team
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Great weekend guys. Thanks for loads of fun games, and for a good introduction to tournaments. Looking forward to the next one!

I shall return in my shiny new T-Shirt!

[doctors note: Nazgob has now been banned from Chilli Vodka and Chilli Pickled Onions for medical reasons]

Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

Lycos wrote:Really good weekend Gaffer, the venue was great, the pub landlords were great hosts although not so keen on that home made Chilli Vodka.....jeepers. Still it has probably killed all known bacteria in my system for a year.
But wasnt it was nice to play in the sunshine in the pub garden saturday and good atmosphere today. Good weekend.
If i suck on a lump of salt for about an hour i might just about manage to taste something after the local "homebrew" chilli vodka. Great weekend, thanks to all, cider was great, beautiful setting, and a cheeky win to boot.

Definitely recommend next year, tweak the scoring system and it'll be a must.

Gazza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gazza »

Cheers Gaffer for a great tourney, looking forward to coming back to sunny Somerset next year. Thanks to all my opponents for 6 superb games.

Eski
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Eski »

I also have to weigh in with my thanks to Gaffer for a great weekend. It was great to feel welcomed to my first tournment. Thanks to all the coachs I played thru the 2 days worth of bloodbowl madness.. sorry for any emotional overload when the dice didn't go my way 8)

I look forward to a few rematchs next year.. maybe see some of you at some of the tournements this year too?

http://www.bristolvanguard.co.uk
Look Up Bristol Vanguards Gert Bowl Tournment near end of July 2012
"MB and Piling On! Rerolls need not apply!"
the Gaffer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by the Gaffer »

Thanks guys for all your messages, been to The Ship this evening, with some flowers and chocs for Daryl & jeanette to say thanks, topped up on the chilli vodka too.

Ok next year I will sort out these scoring issues, any suggestions gratefully received, will look at other tourneys for guidance too.

One idea is that male Norse teams get a bonus point every game (might have helped this weekend)

Cheers

Gaffer

Even Halflings don't put ice in their scrumpy

BBGT 2008 Dockbowl Champion
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Thanks Gaffer, was a great weekend and will be back next year :)

Thanks to all the guys who played me:

Lycos (Skaven) - Great game sat out in the sun and only the 2nd time we played over the 7ish years ive been playing the game. Thanks to some bad kick-off rolls and some pesky gutter runners ended up lossing 3-0.

Gaffer (Norse) - Due to putting up the tent over dinner this game was late starting (blame Gazza :lol: ). Due to some bad dice rolls i managed a 2-0 win. Making amends for when your Flings hurt my Rotters in Dockbowl :wink:

Bugrit (Norse) - By the end of this game i hated Block... Yes my Dwarf's have it but there is no satisfaction in no one falling down to it. :lol: A very fun filled game with lots of 1 liners and funny quotes: 'MMM... Chewy like a Wooky'. Ended up with my 2nd win, 2-0

Geggster (Skaven) - Never played Geggster in the 7ish years ive been playing the game so was quite intimidating going up against such a good player for the 1st time. I hate Gutter runners... Nothing more to say. I thought this game was going to be a nightmare after going down 0-1 by turn 2 after Geggster had kicked to me. Due to bad kickoff rolls i almost went down 0-2 in turn 3 but due to a Gutter runner taking himself out on a GFI (or was it a didge) i managed to get the ball back and crawl up the pitch to make it 1-1 at half time. In the end i lost 1-2 but was happy with the outcome as it could have been worse if my luck in the 1st 3 turns hadnt changed.

Eski (Undead) - Now this was prob my most chalenging game but still had a great time playing it. There was no dominant side in this game but i managed to get ahead 1-0 by the end of the 1st half. The last 4 turns in the 2nd half saw the Undead pushing more and more so i was happy to just go for the 1-0 win. This wasnt to be as on the last turn of the 2nd half i was faced with my runner being 2 squares from 'my' touchline with the ball in his hands and 2 Ghouls and a Whight bearing down on him. All i had to do was hope that he would stay on his feet or that the Ghoul didnt pick the ball up... Alas it wasnt to be and the score was 1-1. Great game!

Brother Munson (Ogre) - Poor Munson wasnt happy to draw me as it ment his dreams of the most CAS was slipping through his fingers fast. NUFFLE had cursed Munson for this game i think as his dice were not playing fare while mine were letting me make 1 dice and 1/2 dice blocks against his Ogre's with out even butting an eyelid. The only CAS he was able to score came from fouls and the kick-off table meaning they didnt count. He did pull a 1 turn TD out of the bag but that was the only real luck he had. Ended up with a 4-1 win to mw.

Over all results left me with 3-1-2 and in 5th place, and the 2 guys that beat me came 1st and 3rd (i think). I dont think thats half bad for me :D

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Geggster 5 v Lycos 0!! :o Why has nobody mentioned this? :D

Wait a minute ... Geggster finished 5/0/1 with no less than THREE 5-0 wins and finished below Gumb0's 4/1/1 with no win greater than 2-0? :o

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
the Gaffer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by the Gaffer »

Yes I accept that the scoring system was a bit strange, Blame the halfling council for not sorting this out properly. Remember it was originally a halfling tournament and therefore actually inflicting injuries was a rare occurence. The council will review the scoring for next years tournament for sure. Hopefully draw in more finesse teams not just the heavy hitters.

Even Halflings don't put ice in their scrumpy

BBGT 2008 Dockbowl Champion
Buggrit

Post by Buggrit »

Thanks to Gaffer for a great weekend (and for the game on Sunday Morning, Norse Vs Norse with Bomber, Snow Trolls can't catch!)

Notable thanks to ShaniePoo, LunchMoney & Gazza for the games that I found to be the most enjoyable of the weekend. :-)

Look fwd to seeing some of you guys later in the year at Newquay or Thrud and look fwd to maybe getting to play some more of you at future tourneys too :-)

And big thanks to Geggster for Jinxing Glowworm at lunchtime with Hat discussion which forced him to wear the hat for game 6 and the Journey Home... oh, and the 3-5 hour journey to Newquay in July :lol:

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Buggrit wrote:......And big thanks to Geggster for Jinxing Glowworm at lunchtime with Hat discussion which forced him to wear the hat for game 6 and the Journey Home... oh, and the 3-5 hour journey to Newquay in July :lol:
Unfortunatley the other club members (seaboats & Sann's) have decided to retire the hat... So it will take pride of place in my BB cabinet along with other memorobilia..

joemanji wrote: Wait a minute ... Geggster finished 5/0/1 with no less than THREE 5-0 wins and finished below Gumb0's 4/1/1 with no win greater than 2-0?
which makes me feel losing to him 2-1 was not a bad result for me ( however it should be stressed that Geggster was unlucky not to score more, bad dice cost him twice at least)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

glowworm wrote: Unfortunatley the other club members (seaboats & Sann's) have decided to retire the hat... So it will take pride of place in my BB cabinet along with other memorobilia..
Don't blame me! And I think you mean Mr Barnacles. It always suited you best anyway :D

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

sann0638 wrote: Don't blame me! And I think you mean Mr Barnacles. It always suited you best anyway :D
thats the difference between you and me......i make this look good :D

Anyhow, I will be wearing the hat to Newquay this year, once there we will "retire" it (it seems fitting that it ends where it once began)

Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

Post by Blocknroll »

it was a great weekend, nothing wrong with the scoring system from my point of view : )

"People we have been given a gift, we have been given a role and that role's name is Blocknroll" - Nuffle Gave Blocknroll To You
2009-2022
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

\o/ \o/ \o/