Flame Bowl II for Cancer Research 5th-6th December 2009

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: Flame Bowl II for Cancer Research 5th-6th December 2009

Post by Joemanji »

Grumbledook wrote:I let you draw the last game to win overall though cause you were whining about it, I could have pulled a pippy like he did to sailorsid :lol:
Not biting but ... for the sake of casual observers ... I hardly think you let me win. Maybe we both played fast on my request, but that was because you were slower than Polar Bear and Sillysod's loverchild in the first half. :P Anyway, your TDs were horseshit 3+, 4+, 4+ plays not tactical genius. :D

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Joemanji wrote:that was because you were slower than Polar Bear and Sillysod's loverchild in the first half. :P
If this were actually true, I am sure that time itself would have broken.... ;)

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Joemanji wrote:Polar Bear and Sillysod's loverchild :D
:o :puke: :blue: :blue: :blue:

:lol:

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Just seen Polar Bear's position in the overall stats. What happened, Rob? Bad dice, good opponents, inability of skinks to stay alive or a combo of all three?

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

At what stage did their game get called in round five? Wasn't it T3 in the second half?! :D

Although to be fair, Jim and I looked ropey for finishing before a big old Riot - glass houses... ;)

When I played him Rob was the fastest he's been of our three meetings; he's clearly speeding up. All things are relative!

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Leipziger wrote:Just seen Polar Bear's position in the overall stats. What happened, Rob? Bad dice, good opponents, inability of skinks to stay alive or a combo of all three?
I was sat next to Rob all of day 2, and he had 3 good opponents and what sounded like nasty dice. Although every time I looked over he did seem to be passing with a Skink. :o :wink:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

fire olli wrote:I had a great weekend overall. My first day went well with wins over pigstar and sillysod. My second day was very crap game wise, 3 losses. I think it was a combination of bad tactics and poor luck. I finished 2-1-3 with skaven :roll:

I have to say sorry to my team mates for losing 3 games on sunday, we must hve dropped some places. :(
I think you have nothing to say sorry for, Olli. Did you see where Lee finished ;)

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Joemanji wrote:Not biting but ... for the sake of casual observers ... I hardly think you let me win. Maybe we both played fast on my request, but that was because you were slower than Polar Bear and Sillysod's loverchild in the first half. :P Anyway, your TDs were horseshit 3+, 4+, 4+ plays not tactical genius. :D
quite right I didn't, it was a draw :wink:

as to who was playing slow, I thought it was you but not important, imagine the temperature had something to do with the speed people were playing at ;]

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Thanks for a great tourni Nipples, much warmer than last year and the Flame bowl dugouts are cool 8)

Thanks to all my opponents over both days for some great games.

Game 1: Went against Geoff's mate Darren and his Orc's. Managed to win 2-1 and thought i was on for a good tourni... Boy was i wrong :-?

Game 2: Jimmany and his Skaven... What can i say... After my win against Darren's Orc's Jimmany sank my dreams of winning the Flame bowl by kicking my arse 7-0... Enough said. I did help him win most TD's mind. :lol:

Game 3: Sean and his Undead. After taking a 7-0 arse kicking to Jimmany i then went on to draw 2-2 against Undead after the ball scattered off the pitch on turn 7 of the 2nd half and Sean's Ghoul just walked to my end zone... I also managed to take 9/11 (cant remember how many it was) cas to throw Sean into the Most cas award.

Game 4: Ninjahamster and his Woodelves. I hate S4 Wardancers! This guy was the bane of my life!!! The only good thing was when it desided to 'leap' and broke itself in to and ended up in the dead box (and i do mean broke, the legs fell off the min :lol: ). Think i lost this game 3-1 after a failed GTI on the touchline resulted in the woodies not going 4-1 up.

Game 5: Cant remember who it was but they had Orc's. This game went down him fast after i tried to get cocky with a 1 turn TD by using sprint to GFI 3 times only to fail the 3rd GFI after using my only re-roll and then realising i didnt need to GFI at all as no one was in reach. When you dont score much like me you get a bit over excited when the opptunity arises, never again. With this epic mistake the game turned into a mauling for me and i lost 2-0 (i think).

Game 6: Pug and the HFH! Out off all my games this was the hardest as it ment the winner would get bragging rights over the other. After lots of abuse being thrown about in high pitched squeaky voices and Geoff using his version of 'disturbing presence' (what had you been eating man!!! :puke: ) the game became a game of chase with Pot Plant moving around the pitch like a deamon, ive no idea how many time it passed it's GFI's but it was all over the place. Notable times in the game were when Pot plant surffed an Ogre after blitzing and making 2 GFI's, Puggy killing himself ( :lol: ) and sacking the ball carryer with a thrown Snot (incoming... SPLAT!), The Flings causing more cas on themselves than i could cause on them. Managed to pull off a last turn TD to force a 1-1 draw.

My dice rolls throughout the torni went from bad to worse after rolling 7 1's in a row to have all 6 Ogre's in 1 turn fail their bonehead's and then failing to pick the ball up, to only being able to roll 1-2 for about 5 turns against Pug.

If i didnt enjoy the banter and amount of fun i have on the lower tables (not out of choice but due to using crap teams) then i would start using teams that would stand a chance of winning more games than they lost.

Nipples, who suffered the most TD and Cas against them?

Wightlord, i cant believe you have put that at the bottom of your profile, you have totally twisted what i said!!!! :lol:

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Shane, your game 5 was vs Beanbag (Adam)

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Very quick job getting the scores up Lycos!

One quick correction - I played JOemanji's undead game 3, not Leipziger again!

Thanks,
Pete

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

Dave,

my game vs Wormy was missed off.

Word to Your Mother.
Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

Dave. It says I drew 2-2 with Meena in my first game. I somehow won 2-0.

Sorry to be a bother.

thechosengobbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by thechosengobbo »

Sizzling Gromril wrote:Sorry to be a bother, but dammit man I'm doing better than I ever did with Nurgle and want it recording!
Fixed it for you Grom :wink:

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

Thanks, Duncan. :wink: