Thrudball 2010 7-8th August Bognor Regis (well,Oving&Bognor)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Glowworm

Re: Thrudball 2010 7-8th August Bognor Regis (well,Oving&Bog

Post by Glowworm »

Bit obvious really

Yes to skinks (however Im not throwing teddy out of the cot if its a no majority, im already bringing 2 stunty teams dont wish to bring 3)

Reason: ''
Gazza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gazza »

I've no objections to all Skinks/Krox and Underworld (no Skaven) being allowed.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

I should be all paid up and ready to go!

Looking forward to my first Thrud.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Thrudball paypal deadline 30/7 ARE YOU COMING?

Post by lunchmoney »

Giraffe wrote:....... Ben is Andy Croft coming(not got their email addresses)?
Ben and Andy are mates of mine, i have poked them in to at least letting you know what they are doing. hopefully they actually respond. cant comment on their attendance though, soz.

RE skinks rated as a stunty team. Let em in.
Meh, it's all Blood Bowl Baby :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Registered and waiting for an entry number so I can pay.

Joe

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Entry number 46 joe

Selling ALL my bloodbowl stuff
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Thanks to all for a great weekend. The legend of Frank is well deserved!

Grats to Jim, and well done to all the organisers for a fine effort.

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Yes, "Mad Frank", I'm truly proud to know that might go on my headstone... :lol:

I think Mike Ragless was the Legend this year - I could NOT have fished that jelly out of the tank of Maggots :x

Thanks also to Val and Ken for keeping Mike company.

Guys if YOU have the courage to do this Next time, and you let me know a few weeks in advance, I can send you a sponsor form so you can maximise the funds raised by your suffering...

Thanks to everyone who donated auction items, painted, attended or otherwise contributed to this event.

I was too knackered to do the final financial count last night, but we took at least £1300 in cash alone over the weekend BEFORE we add the paypal money and any more BRGAballs I can sell.

Please paint your BRGAballs guys so that everyone wants one, then perhaps we can still make the £2000 mark this year (and therefore £10000 in 5 years).

Roll on Thrud11!!!!!
Frank

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

another enjoyable weekend

nice to go unbeaten, congrats to jim for winning and phil for pipping me to replaying him again in the final

also that is gloworm's second stunty cup at thrudball in consecutive years?

will likely see everyone again next year

things I'd like to see possibly changed next year:

timing, let people play on into lunch if they both want to in order to finish a match, didn't affect me at all but there was loads of time in the lunch break that this wouldn't have been a problem

lunch break was so long that I would put the draw for the next round up as soon as all the other games are finished and let people start when they want. It might give them the extra mins to finish in time and also again just let all the games finish. Cutting the lunch break a bit shorter would allow for that extra time as well. As people were able to go and get food as soon as they finished rather than only eating specifically when the lunch break was good. All those factors should allow plenty of time to let all the games play to conclusion.

think about ditching the final and just playing 6 games through swiss style, it sucks that the top two from round 5 may have to replay each other in the final game again
the penalties system for deciding a winner after the "final" is also unpopular, playing all 6 straight swiss to decide the overall rankings avoids this
if the top 2 before the last game draw and then someone from lower down the standings ends up winning it keeps the last round more interesting for far more players
it would also mean that all the placings are done in order of the points earnt from all the games rather than the top 2 after 5 games being 1 and 2
it would also mean that the best results from all 6 games wins the tournament rather than the top two from game 5 who may end up drawing and then one gets more points cause they won the penalties roll off (not that this happened this year as jim had the best results and score)

possibly consider letting the teams take all the skills up front for all the games rather than one per game as well

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Grumbledook wrote: also that is gloworm's second stunty cup at thrudball in consecutive years?
Yes my defence of the title was a complete success (exactly the same roster as last year) my only comments are:

1. Massive thank you to Frank for dedicating Thrudball 10 to the memory of my mum, yes i did have a tear in my eye over that. :cry:
2. More stunties players to thrud 11, there where only 4 (3 on the final day) c'mon guys if its easy to win with skinks then give them a go. :wink:
3. If possible, stunty teams (if they wish) dont have to play in dockbowl (i know they should try and stay out of the bottom four) I did think it was a shame that i didnt get to play "Necro" for the (Stunty) title in the last round (like last year) altho' my final result clinched the title, Id actually won the stunty cup prior to setting up :-?

On the whole it was (as always) a fun filled manic weekend, highlights...

A. killing a wardancer with a skink block (after the mino last year these boys are getting dangerous)
B. 1 hour match against Lunchmoney ( oh & the 3+ 3+ 3+ Dodges 4+ pickup 3+ 3+ 3+ 3+ Dodges followed up by run away, GFi GFi to score the winner in turn 8 2nd half with a Dodge R/R only)
C. Putting 5 of Gazza's necro's (yes 5) in the dead & injured box in the 1st half (1 flesh golem, 1 wight, 1 wolf & 2 zombies) At the end of the 1st half he had 4 players on pitch (I had 10!!)

D. Gazza teaching me a lot of new words (mostly rude)

E. Killing a Dark elf Assasin (again with skinks) on the first turn of the first half of my last match
F. Making 11 failed rolls (with 3 skinks) to break away from a beast of nugle's tentacles, finally making it only to double 1 the dodge roll !!

I had 6 great games (2/1/3) against 6 very sporting opponents all with teams of different races, thanks to you all for making each game enjoyable and fun.

See you all again next year for more of the same......

They Skink it's all over.......it is now

Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

cheers frank for a spot on event! Really well run and fantastic saturday night entertainment, well worth the long drive and our camping "experience".

I have the con.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

thanks for a great weekend everyone.
it says something when you go to several events over the summer and end up playing the same people :)

6 great games. Kudos to Diamond Joe in round 6 for taking that killage really well. turn 4 and only the tree man left on the pitch. pheww.

i think there are now a few peeps looking for rematches at exiles. see y'all there for much killage!

thanks to frank for organising and i'll be back next year.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

Had a great weekend as always, thanks Frank!

Any chance of posting the final results?

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

They'll be up oin the NAf website by now I think, but will try to get a thrudball website update done as soon as I can

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Anyone know who played Michael Simmons instead of James Ward in round 5? Just waiting for that before we release the NAF results.

Cheers
Joe

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.