Waterbowl presents: Stunty Slam III, September 11th 2010

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Boneless
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Waterbowl presents: Stunty Slam III, September 11th 2010

Post by Boneless »

Im looking forward to this guys, lets have a blast

Reason: ''
UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

What a great day's entertainment!

Grand job, Alex.

Phil the super-genius played the whole day with 4 skills rather than 5. Even when he went to correct this error in game four, he counted the skill ring he was using to denote the Star as skill five, and carried on. Luckily, a Guard Pogo is priceless. ;)

I'll be back!

Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

indeed, a great day out alex and 4 magnificent games. thanks to alex for organising it and it was fantastic seeing everyone again. i musn't leave it so long next time...

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Thanks to Alex for organising, I had a fun day. Though I'm not sure if that because of or despite the stunties. :wink:

Had some incredible games. First up vs Shanies all-Snotling team I managed to first concede to 4 Snotlings and then fail to score against 1 Snotling in the next drive :O The Goblins were fun, not sure about the gimmicks though. I gave my Fanatic MB, but he only made one block in 4 games, and that was double skulls! :lol:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Northernknight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Northernknight »

Thanks Alex for a great day. Im pleased I didnt manage to break the Stunty format by winning it without any big guys.

3 great games of sillyness followed by a game of getting beaten up by horrifically competent Ogres!

The game against Shanie was great fun, with both sides going full pelt to clear the pitch. No big guys in the game! I think its all down hill for the Stunty game from now on after that.

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

Lol northern yep the ogres were the smartest i could find :D

4 great games and a load of amazing anecdotes - trampoline trap - snotling dauntlessing a troll :D and knocking him out :D the list goes on

Thanks Leipziger for a great tourney hope to see you with my necros come the water bowl and will definately be back next year

Cheers for all 4 of my opponents had a blast on each and every game although did feel a little guilty when my ogres just could do no wrong at periods during games :D

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

Cracking tournament. A lot of fun and the meal and banter afterwards were a great end to the day. It was certainly a new experience. Cheers again, Alex.

Stick E Bun was a disgrace though. Can halflings have a competent star player for next year please? :wink:

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

That's a point - whilst I think the Goblin star is correctly priced, I reckon he's too good considering you can get a decent team at 100 without him anyway. The rest of the stars were terrible, he was good. Big guy on the floor, you say? ;)

Play your cards right was epic, by the way. Whoever came up with that is a genius.

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Thanks for a great day Alex, always fun to play stunties and even better when i know that everyone else it at just as big a disadvantage as me. :lol:

The Shaniespooners got off to a great start when i rolled to see if i was taking an all Snotling team or a 6 Ogre team. This dice roll would determin how the rest of the day would go, and when the dice had finished spinning the result was... SNOTLINGS :o :( :-? :) :D :orc: My skill set didnt change other than the skills went on Snotlings and not Ogres - Guard, Strip ball, Jump up, Catch and Sneaky git. Guard on a Snotling was priceless! The ability to dodge into the smallest of gaps when and where needed saved more than it's share of Snotlings. Strip ball was also a great skill with these little guys. Add these 2 skills together mixed with an ability to dodge anywhere they want on a 2+... Nasty!!!

Game 1: Joemanji's Goblins
This is the 1st time ive played the Manj (I think) and having to play in an all Stunty game i felt i was on a level playing field... kind of. The game go off to a great start with me kicking and getting the ball back with in the 1st 3 turns. Looking in the CAS and KO box things were going well... 4 Dead (including El'Diablo) and 2 KO'd in 3 turns :-? What followed was a kicking as i ended up with only 4 Snotlings on the field but with the decision not to use side step and forcing a chain push i managed to score. GO SPOONERS!!! The 2nd drive in the 1st half saw the Goblins smash their way through the Snotling and just as they were about to score i decided to pull out my secret weapon: My wizard! With 3 Goblins all able to get to the touch line i had to tae as many down as possible so opted for fireball. I managed to get 2 out of the 3 Goblins down including the ball carryer. All they needed to do was make a dodge and pick up the ball... ACCESS DENIED! :lol: The 2nd half continued to go the same way as the 1st half with the Goblins rolling some bad rolls and the Manj getting a bit peeved. He then did the the most distastefull, dispicable and hanus thing ever, the untimate low blow he could have done... He pulled out his Flamebowl dice :o Within the next few turns not only had he managed to clear the field of Snotlings but he had also scored! I was now faced with a problem... i had no reserves and had to hope that i could roll enough 4+ dice rolls to give me a chance to hold off for the remaining few turns. Sadly the lack of Snotlings on the field ment that the Manj scored a 2nd time taking the score to 1-2 and a massive 9 CAS. Great game and a good allround result... I scored! :lol:

Game 2: Mutly's Goblins
With the high of scoring in the 1st drive after kicking i felt like i was on a roll. As in the 1st game i kicked 1st... And as in the 1st game i managed to score 1st :D NUFFLE was good to me in this game and Mutly strugled to either break the super strong Snotling armour of 5, or failed to kill or KO them. As the game went on athis trend continued and i ended up scoring 2 more times and managed to get El'Diablo to 'man up' to S5 and knock a troll down!!! Final result was 3-0... Result :D

Game 3: Northernknight's all Fling Halflings
Now this game had potential as the 2 teams felt they were good enough not to need the help of any Big guys... And it lived up to expectations. The game started with the Flings stealing 3 of my re-rolls and winning the roll for kickoff. As in my 2 other games i ended up kicking 1st and as in my previouse 2 games... I scored 1st :D The game was a violent and bloody one and as with the Manj, Northernknight resorted to an unltimate low blow... He pulled out the Flamebowl dice!!!!! :o With the score tied at 1-1 and only about 6 players left on the field Northernknight managed to pull of another TD after playing 'butterfinger' on my ball carryer meaning that i was unable to pickup the ball and fend off the oncoming Flings so that on the last turn of the game he scored again. A great game full of fun and stunty violence resulting in 1-2 loss and another 9 CAS against me :-? It wasnt until after the game had finished and i was watching someone else play that they mentioned the word 'Wizard'... Even with the magic decks being used id forgot to use my wizard! All i had needed was a 2+ and i could have got a 1-1 draw!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :blue:

Game 4: Wormy's Goblins
In a repeat of last years stunty slam i faced Wormy's Goblins in game 4. The game started off with the games weather mimicking the real weather... Pooring rain. By this time in the tournament both me and my dice were tired and it showed as almost every dodge roll i made came up as a 1 (see, the flamebwl dice arent loaded... :lol:) and needed to be re-rolled, thank god i had dodge on every player. The main factor in this game was the weather as both Snotling and Goblin alike just couldnt pick up or catch the ball. When i finally managed to get hold of the ball in the 1st half on turn 7 i had a choice to make: GFI on the touch line without a re-roll and do a spuds check to score or wait for turn 8 to score and take a blitz from a goblin and hope i didnt go down and make the spubs check. This was a choice between a 2+ (GFI) 2+ (Spuds check) or surviving a 2 dice blitz and a potential 5+ (picking up the ball in pooring rain and a tackle zone) 2+ (dodge) 2+ (dodge) 2+ (GFI) 2+ (GFI) 2+ (Spuds cgeck). I opted for the 1st option. Not being sure on what order to do the 2 dice rools - Spud check then GFI or GFI then Spuds check - We said we would do the GFI 1st... I rolled a 1 and killed myself :-? The 2nd half saw th e Goblins take charge and Wormy's Trolls go on a huge killing spree eating my Snotlings left right and center. After scoring the 1st TD of the game and kicking to me again i had my fingers crossed for a change in the weather on the kick off table but it never came. After having almost all my Snotling KO' and dead Wormy got the ball and only needed to make a single dodge to score again on his last turn i looked at the CAS score and he had 9. In an attempt to distract him and cause a turnover i chalenged him to try and beat the other 2 games id had 9 CAS in and go for 10... He agreed :wink: My plan however backfired as he scored a 10th CAS on his 3rd and final block of the turn before making the dodge and scoring. Final score was 0-2 and a huge 10 CAS!!! Had a great game and both agreed that if the weather had been different the result would have been totally different.

Over all results was 1-0-3 and over 30 CAS against me meaning that for the 3rd year in a row i won the AV1 award :oops: Now as bad as this sounds it isnt that bad of a result as i didnt come last and i managed to score 5 TD's... Only 3 TD's less than Podfry who won the 'Most TDs' award with 8.

Great day and will be back again next year without a doubt :smoking:

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

I'd really like to thank all of the guys and girl :) who turned up and made Saturday such a fun day for me to run. It was definitely appreciated that some people had made big efforts to be there (e.g. the welsh crew, northernknight & Hachidan :) )

Some of the highlights for me:

- Watching CogGirl punish her troll by benching him at halftime for being stupid (he was RS 7 out of 8 times in the first half) and then coming back from 2 down to draw vs Northernknight

- Martell making all three random GFIs in the black ice, only to realise that his blitz was only 1/2 dice. He then rolled double skulls and ko'd himself.

- Behindu clearing Jimany's team pretty much of the pitch in the 'Play your cards right' round. Jimany only had 2 players to come back and Graham was feeling chuffed. Then Jimany played a card that let him bring everyone out of the KO box.... :o :D

- The no-big guy match up between Shanie's all snots vs Northernknight's all flings.

- The spuds check round doing what was intended and increasing the drama. Geoff was playing Beanbag and a failed spuds check meant he had to settle for a draw rather than a win in Round 4. This made things a lot closer in the final reckoning.

I'll post full listings soon, but the prize winners were:

Winner: Geoff (by dint of 1 more TD scored than the runner up. On the other two tiebreakers, Geoff was behind :o)
Runner Up: Maverick
Most TDs: Geoff
Most CAS: Maverick
Wooden Spoon: Pazzer
AV1 Award: Shaniepoo (for his hattrick. The award is now to be named after him)
Dirty Sheets award for Most Scored On: Mutley won this in a dice off with Coggirl

Thanks again for coming!

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
caeser-22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by caeser-22 »

May i add my thanks to everyone that made the day so memorable.3 tourneys and 1 match won wasn't how i expected my first year on the tournament scene but i can only go upwards from here,next time gadget ,next time.

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Ok! Final Standings :)

1. Podfrey 10pts
2. Maverick 10pts
3. Mumbojumboist 9pts
4. Purplegoo 9pts
5. Beanbag 8pts
6. Evil Git 8pts
7. Gorgoroth 8pts
8. Jimany 7pts
9. Northernknight 7pts
10. Wightlord 7pts*
11. Sizzling Gromril 7pts
12. Wormy 6pts
13. Hawca 6pts
14. Joemanji 6pts
15. Ninjahamster 6pts
16. Sfisher91 6pts
17. Barney the Lurker 5pts
18. Wilbur Spoons 5pts
19. Martell Spoons 4pts
20. Behindu 4pts
21. Dazlamb 4pts
22. GogGirl 3pts
23. Shaniepoo 3pts
24. Pressie 3pts
25. Hachidan 3pts
26. Polar Bear 3pts
27. Blessed Knight 1pt
28. Mutley 1pt
29. Caesar-22 1pt
30. Pazzer 1pt

*Wightlord was only able to play three games. Leipziger played game 4. Had Matt not been double booked he might have won the whole thing :o

Tiebreakers: 1) TDs for 2) Cas for 3) TDs against

Most Tds
1. Podfrey 8 TDs
2= Maverick, Beanbag, Wormy 7 TDs

Most Cas
1. Maverick 24
2. Hawca 23
3= Behindu, Sfisher91, Beanbag 20

AV1 Award (Most Damaged)

Shaniepoo 35 CAS
Next most damaged were Caeser & Sizzling Gromril with 20

Dirty Sheets (Most Scored On)

Mutley & CogGirl with 9 TDs against. Mutley 'won' on a dice off.

Photos to follow soon :)

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member