ConpulsionBowl 2011, 26th March, Edinburgh

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

ConpulsionBowl 2011, 26th March, Edinburgh

Post by Corvidius »

Saturday 26th March will see me running my first Blood Bowl Tournament with ample help from Purdindas (aka Myror).

The Tournament will be taking place as part of Conpulsion, an awesome Roleplaying and gaming Convention that takes place every year in Teviot Student Union. There will be various other Wargames, RPGs and LARPS going on over the weekend as well as Traders including Black Lion Games and Skian Mhor.

The full ruleset will be posted soon but in the meantime: It will be 3 Round, Swiss, 1,000,000Gc tournament, expect to be rewarded for Sportsmanship.

Tickets are £8 for the day if pre-registered/£10 otherwise which includes access to the rest of the convention on the Saturday or £13 for the weekend if pre-registered/£15 on the door. There is also a Warmachine/Hordes Tournament on the Sunday for those interested.

:)

Corvidius/John-Ross.

Reason: ''
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Re: ConpulsionBowl 2011, 26th March, Teviot Student Union

Post by purdindas »

I'll be there

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Re: ConpulsionBowl 2011, 26th March, Edinburgh

Post by Corvidius »

Here is the rules for the tournament, if you have any questions feel free to post them here. :)

Corvidius/John-Ross.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

Is the pre-registration on one of the links? Not looked hard, but didn't see an event ticket page?

I'm trying to get to this one, sold it as a day trip to Edinburgh Zoo for the wife and her sister while I go play with my toys! :D

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

Congratulations - your payment was sent.

See you there!

(Although I couldn't see a start time so you may have to tell me when to get there for! And the scoring system confused me, explain that again in simple terms for a dullard? ;) )

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Birthday weekend so I'll be on the sauce :D

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Don__Vito wrote:Congratulations - your payment was sent.

See you there!

(Although I couldn't see a start time so you may have to tell me when to get there for! And the scoring system confused me, explain that again in simple terms for a dullard? ;) )
Win = 5 Tournament Points
Draw = 3 Tournament Points
Loss = 0 Tournament Points

TD = 1 Tournament Point per Touchdown
Casualty = 1 Tournament Point per Casualty

Sporting = 2 Tournament Points

Aiming for 10am Registration for 10.30am Start.

If you win a game you will get 5TPs + However many TDs you Scored + However many Cas you scored +2TPs if you are voted as sporting.

It means the scores could vary dramatically depending on styles of play but that dynamic play will be rewarded whereas stalling may actually hurt you. It means there should be a very clear winner at the end though. :)

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Additional prizes just arrived, looking forward to this a lot. Trophies are being painted, prize support from Conpulsion (and trophy from me) for the winner.

There will be Most Touchdowns and Most Casualties trophies. A 4th mystery trophy will also be given out.

There will also be a prize for best conversion decided by me on the day. :)

There will also be at least one spot prize. :)

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

A final thread bump for tomorrow. Looking forward to Seeing Don-Vitos pirate humans in attendances photos and results posted on Sunday hopefully. :)

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Round 1

(Don Vito) Dave Foxall v Dave McIlhinney (Lord Garlack)
Salty Pirates v Osterwald Allstars.
The very bashy pirates (humans) with 4 Blitzers, Clawed Ogre (due to tourney rules) and 1 Catcher beat the faster Osterwald (Humans) 2-1 on Touchdowns and 3-2 on Casualties.

(Purdindas/Myror) Ant Purdie v Robert Watt
Bad Tempered Buccaneers (Human) v Dark Devastators (Necromantic)
A Hungover Myror managed a 1-1 draw against the Horny Werewolf lovers in the Devastators but lost out on the bash game 1-3

(Coffin Dodger) Paul Davies v Travis Poole
Coffin Dodgers B (Undead) v Khembots (Khemri)
The tournament veterans of the Dodgers ran rings round the rookie Robotic Khemri players winning 3-0 on TD and a massive 6-1 on Casualties.

Round 2

Salty Pirates v Coffin Dodgers B
The Pirates win another one in a hard fought game between 2 veterans of the Tournie scene. 2-1 on TDs and 3-1 on Cas to the Pirates.

Bad Tempered Buccaneers v Osterwald Allstars
Ant started drinking again and his somewhat piratical players took to it well winning 4-2 and 3-0 on Cas. The scoreline belies another close game that could have went either way.

Dark Devastators v Khembots
A stunning upset victory from the futuristic robots winning 2-0 on TDs and 3-0 on Cas. Some tight tacklezones from the Tomb Guardians meant this was an uphil struggle for the Necromantic.

Round 3

Salty Pirates v Bad Tempered Buccaneers
It was Human Pirates v Human Pirates and the least drunk pirates won but then again they did bring a clawed Ogre. :) 4-1 TDs and 4-2 Cas for the Salty ones.

Osterwald Allstars v Khembots
The Khembots were clearly low on power after their last game as the Allstars managed to put 3 past them for no return. The allstars even managed a Cas but Khembots got 2.

Dark Devastators v Coffin Dodgers B
The Devastators had some brilliant and some terrible luck in this game but the Dodgers went on to win it 2-1 and 3-2 on Casualties.

Final Tournament Standings

1st. Salty Pirates - Dave Foxall - 39 Points
2nd. Coffin Dodgers B - Paul Davies - 32 Points
3rd. Bad Tempered Buccaneers - Ant Purdie - 26 points
4th. Osterwald Allstars - Dave McIlhinney - 20pts
5th. Khembots - Travis Poole - 19pts
6th. Dark Devastators - Robert Watt - 16pts

Prizes

Winner - Dave Foxall - Zombies: the boardgame and Blood Bowl Trophy
Most TDs - 8 - Dave Foxall - Spike Trophy
Most Casualties - 10 - Joint, Dave Foxall & Paul Davies - Prize to Paul Davies - Chaos Cup Trophy
Last Place - Robert Watt - Dungeonbowl Trophy

Best Conversion - Dave Foxall - Full pirate team with Pirate ship!!! - Zombie Orc by Greebo Miniatures
Most Deaths Caused - 3 - Paul Davies - Zombie Skaven by Greebo Miniatures

Most Donated to Charity - Dave McIlhinney - Grave marker by Greebo

A low turn out tournament but awesome fun in a good environment, we had our own bar and could order food to our tables. The theme of death and destruction and zombification was pretty cool (We kept having visits from my friends in the Vampire LARP next door including Fern covered in blood) and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Hope to see more folks next year if i'm running it.

Ps. The only unclaimed prize of the Tournament was for unluckiest coach in the world but it required Triple Skull reroll Triple Skull. The Triple Skull model by Greebo will therefore rollover to the next Tournament I run.

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

Good little tourney this, just a shame half the people expected couldn't make it. Big thanks to JR for running it so smoothly, and to Dave, Paul and drunk Ant for three great games!

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Yeah had a blast! NAF scores shall be sent asap