Northstar, 24 Sep 2011, Skellefteå, Sweden

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Northstar, 24 Sep 2011, Skellefteå, Sweden

Post by Odium Khan »

I thought I would help out my friends in Skellefteå by plugging their first attempt at a tourney here at TFF.

The tourney is NAF, one-day, 4 games of swiss, resurrection non-progression, TV1150 (can buy skills and doubles, but no stars or inducements), costs 50SEK to join up front or at the door. Save yourself the disgrace of paying at the door after travelling from Germany only to find all places are taken by booking your place at http://legendspel.se/events/view-event/?event=97 (Swedish).

Head honcho for this event is Hemlighållaren.

And yes, this means that DOUBT is no longer the northernmost BB event in the world.

Reason: ''
DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Northstar, 24 Sep 2011, Skellefteå, Sweden

Post by Odium Khan »

Sorry all, new shit has come to light, and it appears the tourney was not NAF-sanctioned. Could the Swedish NAF tourney coordinator please clarify? :)

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Re: Northstar, 24 Sep 2011, Skellefteå, Sweden

Post by Thadrin »

Yes I can.
I was first contacted about this tournament three weeks ago.
According to the NAF tournament guideline document, a minimum of two months notice is required before the tournament to allow the NAF to sanction the event. I therefore told the organiser that I couldn't sanction his event.
It appears the event is in the NAF database, and I have asked if someone higher up than me has cleared it. If they have, then the event will be NAF sanctioned.

I hope the event is a success, NAF or not.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.