US Coaches from DC to FL . . .

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

US Coaches from DC to FL . . .

Post by DaFoola »

It has recently occured to me that there seem to be more than just a few of us on TBB, and yet we don't have a tournament of our own.

While I've never run a tournament myself, I'd like to get some discussion/argument started for how, where, and when it might be possible to put together a Dirty South Tournament, such that we might be able to meet, greet, and defeat other Southern blood bowl folk (and maybe even lament the fact that it seems to have been the midwestern coaches who get all the goodies lately).

I was thinking maybe something in DC (since I'm here, even though we all know the South really ends at Richmond these days), NC (it's in the middle), or ATL (it's another big town in the region).
So what do y'all think?

Reason: ''
gallowin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gallowin »

FYI - there was a big NAF tourney in Ann Arbor Michigan just before Thanksgiving. Not sure how many showed up though.

But several of us in Texas have been considering doing the same thing of holding a tourney. We have a league of 10 in Austin, General Sam conference in Houston has about 10-12 or more and I know they met up with another league near them, and finally I have heard there is a league of players in Dallas/Ft. Worth but have yet to make contact.

If'n you're wanting to play for title of Best in the South don't count us out!

"A twist of the wrist, a slip of the blade, and your posturing is ended"
Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

you might be able to get me to come back home to texas for a tournie, i miss austin somethin fierce... and i never have had the chance to show the lovely mrs. swift around my old haunts (is spiderhouse still around, or has it collapsed on its own sense of self-importance?)

...what's teh name of that con rob smith has been organizing in november the last few years? might be a good occasion to link with...

iron chef kosher
Mojoshenpo
Veteran
Veteran

Least travel for most?

Post by Mojoshenpo »

Depending on who wants to and when.... While I live in Atlanta, DragonCon is tooooo much mulah just to play BloodBowl. There is a yearly Warfair miniatures con (I think it's url can be found on thewarroom.com) that features a lot of GW stuff....

Knoxville, TN has a yearly gaming con....

Chattanooga, TN has one or two (Chattacon and MOC(?))

Huntsville, AL has a con (ConStellation)

I'd go to Mississippi, South Carolina, Alabama or Tennessee if the con were reasonably priced (gotta figure hotel, travel and food).... :puke: 'scuse me :oops:

gallowin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gallowin »

Lucien Swift wrote:you might be able to get me to come back home to texas for a tournie, i miss austin somethin fierce... and i never have had the chance to show the lovely mrs. swift around my old haunts (is spiderhouse still around, or has it collapsed on its own sense of self-importance?)

...what's teh name of that con rob smith has been organizing in november the last few years? might be a good occasion to link with...
Spiderhouse is still listed in the phone book but not sure what/where it is. Name sounds familiar though.

Next year the Austin group is looking to hold tournaments and draw out a few of the old timers (who are willing to play the sacrilidgous no-card LRB version). Cons will play a big part in this.

The tourney dates & info will be posted on our site but I'll definitely be letting everyone here know when & where. IMO there is enough interest in the states for us to hold gatherings as big as the one in March. We just need to find a venue that is as impressive!

"A twist of the wrist, a slip of the blade, and your posturing is ended"
Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

gallowin wrote: Spiderhouse is still listed in the phone book but not sure what/where it is. Name sounds familiar though.
it's a coffee shop north of the university, kinda tucked on a sidestreet near where guadalupe curves a bit near that weird toy store a couple blocks north of the drag... but i'm too old and uncool to hang out there anymore anyway (that gem in my palm should start flashing any day now... renew!)...

definitely be sure to broadcast anything you guys put together out there, i've got a lot of old friends i'd like to go visit and an alterior motive for going wouldn't hurt...

iron chef kosher
cyric612
Rookie
Rookie

DC to FLA

Post by cyric612 »

I'd be interested in a DIrty South Tourney I'm in Raleigh NC now have family in The DC area (my origen) don't know much bout how BB tourney's work but would be great to meet some coaches in the southeast we currently have a league running here with bout 10 people in it give or take and it's a blast

DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

Hmmmm. Well, that makes things interesting.

H&M and FNBBL coaches - interested in a trip down to Raleigh sometime? It's an easy 4-4.5 hours. I wonder if the ATL and Augusta folk would be into coming up to North Cack . . .

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

DaFoola wrote:It's an easy 4-4.5 hours.
I love it when the Americans/Aussie/ anyone not living on a tiny island start talking like this. Anything over 3hours and we start cmplaining it's to far :D

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

The US GW is sponsoring a tournament in Baltimore on March 7th.

I'm fairly certain that some of us FNBBL coaches would be interested in going down to Raleigh one of these days. Especially now that the NFL season is over for our teams. :cry: We might even be able to rope in some of the LWBBL coaches as well.

http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3943

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]