Great News! - FanatiCon Blood Bowl Tournament

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

ggiersch
Rookie
Rookie

Great News! - FanatiCon Blood Bowl Tournament

Post by ggiersch »

Hi guys!

Just thought I would drop a line and let you now the status of our upcoming event. I would like to address this to everyone, but especially Stout Youngblood, jeffzimml, Pariah, UniGoblin ad Kamikaze Rudy (I would love it if you guys could contact me individually). Some of you guys are incredibly close to the tournament. It will be held at the Country Inn & Suites in Port Wahington, Wisconsin (just north of Milwaukee).

Now for the great reasons for anyone to attend our tourney...

1. We have prize support from Jervis himself. Autographed unreleased Blood Bowl magazines.
2. Also, GW supplied us with unreleased Special Edition miniatures.
3. The event will be NAF sanctioned.
4. NAF memberships will be available with the Black Blocking Dice with gold trim as a sign up bonus.
5. We, as far as I can still tell, are the largest Blood Bowl Tournament in the United States!
6. Blackwell Enterprises will be there with additional materials for serious Blood Bowl players.
7. We have players coming from as far as Lincoln, Nebraska. Looks like we might break our 6 sate attendance record?
8. Not one, but 4 trophies will be available. Best Coach, Best Sportsmanship, Best Appearance and Best Overall Player
9. Some of our players will be running other GW gaming events throughout the weekend.
10. FanatiCon members have been canvassing GW stores and other gaming stores running Blood Bowl nights and (re)introducing people to the world of Blood Bowl in the hopes of even further increasing our attendance.

Now our new location means that we had to start all over from scratch, so we would love to get some new blood to get the event going back up to its previous level. When you look at reasons 1-10 above, you can see how all of the hard work by the fellows running this event should pay off!

Feel free to visit our site at http://www.milene.com/fanaticon

Looking forward to hearing from some of you people and meeting you at FanatiCon!

Gregg Giersch

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Sounds cool good luck to all that attend, I am intrigued by the limited edition models you have, any chance or letting on what they are?

Quilwood
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Quilwood »

I am so exited I can hardly type. I live in Wisconsin so I would love to come to this tournement. I haven't played Blood Bowl in 3 years, so I may be a little rusty. I went and downloaded and printed the LRB 2.0. Have have so many questions right now I don't know which one to ask.

Okay, about the miniatures, Do I have to bring everything including cheerleaders, and head coach? Can I have modified players, like can I cut off an arm and replace it, or use green stuff? What if I don't know what manufacturer made the model or the arm I'm using?

Now for the rules. Are the rules straight out of the LRB. Are there any modifications. I think I read that you are allowing skill increases, but no ageing. This tornament is NAF sanctioned (I'm guessing thats the offical kind of tournament or something close), but do they allow skilled teams. What if I want to bring the same team to multiple tournaments? Do all the players loose there skills?

Money: How much does it cost to play in the tournament? How much does a NAF membership cost? Can I get multiple memberships so I can have more black die? OOOOHHHHHH! the black dice. I will buy ALL the black die in the world and horde them so nobody else can have any. Black Dice, Oh I love the black dice. they are precious to me. Yes, precious. Mmmmmm, precious black dice, precious......

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Great News! - FanatiCon Blood Bowl Tournament

Post by GalakStarscraper »

ggiersch wrote: 5. We, as far as I can still tell, are the largest Blood Bowl Tournament in the United States!
Gregg don't know if I can top you or not, but make sure you do a headcount this year.

I'm trying to organize the Blood Bowl tournament at GenCon in Indianapolis this year and I'm shooting for the ability to have up to 80 coaches play.

You'll probably bet me, but I'm going to give you a run for the money (assuming I get approval for the time and space (bugger the red tape)).

Good luck ... just wish I could drive up for it. Sounds like a very very good time.

Galak

ggiersch
Rookie
Rookie

Questions Answered...

Post by ggiersch »

Hi Grumbledook! The limited edition figs are just some of the BB figs that are reserved for special events. We also have some figs that are to be released, but sometime down the line. I can't give everything away...

Now for those who'd like to know more about the tourney itself. It's $15 preregistration and $10 for NAF membership which is optional. Plenty of other gaming will be available that weekend too. Since we will be playing the LRB rules, yes you need minis for all positions and coaching staff. Modified figures are totally acceptable. In fact, Andy Welton of Blood Bowl Central fame has likely committed to bringing his scratch built and heavily converted Night Goblin team.

Galak, if you are doing the Tourney at GenCon, you'll probably blow me out of the water! Send me some info as soon as you get that up and running. Of course, I just moved near Milwaukee and GenCon leaves here... Also Galak, could you contact me off this forum privately. I need your help with something and you're just the man to ask!

I'll be running a Blood Bowl Intro Evening at the Games Workshop store in Mt. Prospect, IL next week. Any list members in that neck of the woods?

Gregg

ggiersch
Rookie
Rookie

A New Record! and Hotel Information

Post by ggiersch »

We have 2 Blood Bowl players coming in from Lincoln, Nebraska!

Also, I had a talk with the hotel people. It seems that certain front desk people had no idea what FanatiCon even was. The shame of it! All hotel information can be found at our site. Rooms are definitely blocked off, at a great price, for anyone interested.

Room information can be found at...

http://www.milene.com/fanaticon/

Looking forward to a great weekend of Blood Bowl,

Gregg

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Well my goal was to get to one tourney this year. Fanaticon is unlikely however because I just don't have any spare time or mobey.

GenCon is probable though.

KnuckleGutKiller
Experienced
Experienced

Post by KnuckleGutKiller »

ok whats the date for this tourney??

Knuckle Gut Killer

"God is the Lord, of Humans, of Angels, and of Elves" J.R.R. TOLKIEN
ggiersch
Rookie
Rookie

Tournament Dates

Post by ggiersch »

The Galdrieth Goblet at FanatiCon on February 1 & 2.

Andy Welton of Blood Bowl Central fame is not only attending, but is trying to bring a total of 5 attendees! And yes, it looks like he is bringing his scratch built Goblin team. He's been practicing with them and insists that his Gobbo tactics are improving...

Kamikaze Rudy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kamikaze Rudy »

Hey Gregg

I contacted you from my work e-mail (johnh"at"koz...) account on Friday sometime. Stupid, stupid me, now I have to wait until Monday to read it. :)

It looks as though me and a friend are coming for sure, and we may be able to get 2 more. I should know by mid-week. We at the NBBT are very excited about coming.

If you want, email me at ralphus_jones "at" hotmail.com

ggiersch
Rookie
Rookie

Glad to Hear It!

Post by ggiersch »

Nice hearing from you again John! That will make it a total of 7 entries from Illinois alone. That's the most we've ever received from that state! Remind me to introduce a good buddy of mine at the Con who lives in your neck of the woods. I am down there regularly for gaming.

Special Note - Andy Welton is not only bringing about 4 of his league members, he is also going to unveil something pretty special for our Con.

Gregg

carnage4u
Veteran
Veteran

tourny

Post by carnage4u »

I can say I will be at the tourny with 3 or 4 of my friends as well. Will be a good time.
:lol:

Carnage4u
"All who oppose me shall drown in the blood of their children"
Majortusk
Star Player
Star Player

wow

Post by Majortusk »

thanks gregg for all the props ;)

Yes, I will be unveiling something rather huge at the Fanaticon. :)

ALso, I must admit, after the insane thrashing of my Gobbos over the last 3 weeks (one thrashing by Gregg), I think i will be reverting back to my Undead ways. Dont worry though, I will have my night Gobbos there to show off. I will be playing with my entirely scratch built/converted Undead team.

Again, the items i will be unveiling at Fanaticon will be huge, hope to see some of you there.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Re: wow

Post by Deathwing »

Majortusk wrote:thanks gregg for all the props ;)

Yes, I will be unveiling something rather huge at the Fanaticon. :)

ALso, I must admit, after the insane thrashing of my Gobbos over the last 3 weeks (one thrashing by Gregg), I think i will be reverting back to my Undead ways. Dont worry though, I will have my night Gobbos there to show off. I will be playing with my entirely scratch built/converted Undead team.

Again, the items i will be unveiling at Fanaticon will be huge, hope to see some of you there.
Would those converted Undead include that scanned Skeleton that was on BBC a couple of years back? If so, cool...

It's a big weekend 1-2 Feb...it also sees the Dutch Open over here in Europe...so from those of us going to Holland to you guys attending Fanaticon...may Nuffle bless your dice! :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
carnage4u
Veteran
Veteran

fun time.

Post by carnage4u »

Well I just got back from the tournament and con. I played 8th out of 20 I belive. I played norse. First game I lost in overtime because I only had 2 norse left to field. The dwarves crushed me fairly well. I won the next two games against Humans and Undad, but again got slammed in last game by chaos dwarves.

Fun time overall. Everyone that was there was very friendly and great to play with. Got my NAF dice so that was a bonus. Maybe someday the site will open up to see. :D

Greg ran a great tourmanet and Andy Finally got to win best apperance with his very well painted team..

I took pictures with my digital camera and I will be emailing them to Greg to post up on the con's website sometime this week. some pics of the teams and a pic of all of us that were there.

If all goes well I think their will be another con towards end of the year. I just hope I can go there and to the Gen Con tourament.

Some other stuff was shown off by Andy welton of the BBC which is almost ready for complete world wide showing off shortly.

Carnage4u
"All who oppose me shall drown in the blood of their children"