ARBBL Open 2015, 28th/29th March 2015

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: ARBBL Open 2015, 28th/29th March 2015

Post by Darkson »

38 coaches, and some strange results, such as BigBelcher being the #1 ARBBLer going into round 4! :o

Round 4 draw:

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

New Dirty Tricks Card ... Cancel Train... Your opponent's train is cancelled and the next one wont get him.to his lift in Fareham till 9:23!!! Fortunately JimmyJazz can pick me up from Havant - but now will we have time for our Wimpy breakfast??? We'll make it on time, nuffle willing...

Selling ALL my bloodbowl stuff
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Giraffe wrote:New Dirty Tricks Card ... Cancel Train... Your opponent's train is cancelled and the next one wont get him.to his lift in Fareham till 9:23!!! Fortunately JimmyJazz can pick me up from Havant - but now will we have time for our Wimpy breakfast??? We'll make it on time, nuffle willing...
Don't think this is new at all......

I read " Frank & Jimmy late for tournament again"

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

As long as they arrive the right way up...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Thanks Darkson for a really brilliant, fun tourny, thanks to my driver Jimmy Jazz for the banter can't wait for NAFC, thank you to ALL my opponents for giving me an accolade for TFF at last other than Spikey wooden spoon, to all the ARBBLers for helping Simon out, to those who agreed to donate their pro painting services to Thrudball's charity auction or who bought merchandise, and really everyone there for being the best bunch of mates a bloke could wish for! It was a POOTing awesome tourney!

Selling ALL my bloodbowl stuff
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Good job, people :)

Congrats to the winners!

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Will get the final standings up tomorrow (to brain frazzled to do it tonight), but here are the winners:

Welsh Open On Tour award: Dementor

Splat: Most Cas taken: Radster (26)
Rolled Over: Most TDs conceded: BinarySecond (12) [Dementor had 15]

Pumpkinbowl Spoon Winner: Enderman

Most Cas: Giraffe (24)
Most TDs: Lycos (14) [Val had 16]

Stunty Cup: Itchen

Glowworm award: hawca

Runner Up: CeeTee
Champion: vmcat

Again, many thanks to the coaches, new and old, that have attended the ARBBLs I've run over the years (8 years, 11 tournaments - WHY!!), and if I don't run another then I hope you've got as many good memories as I have.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

Great to see everyone again.

Simon, thanks for another great ARBBL. Can't quite believe it's the last one.

Grats to all.

ct
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

image.jpg
Didn't quite work out for you after all Mr Darkson!!

Thanks for a great GEEKEND, played 6 different races and had 6 great games ( games not results!!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boneless
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Boneless »

Great weekend. Thanks guys

UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
vmcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vmcat »

Great tournament Simon and fellow ARBBLers, absolutely chuffed with my win!
Thanks to my six opponents, all great games.
Hope someone will be running it again next year!

Winner: ARBBL 2015, Exiles 2011
Runner-up: LongBombBrawl 2017, Exiles 2014, Cake 2013, Cam-Dub 2013, Bunker III, STABB II, ARBBL 2012, ACC 2011
Most Cas: Gert Bowl 2012, ARBBL 2011, Thrudball 2009
Most TDs: Cake 2016, ACC 2014, Exiles 2014
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

NAF results uploaded, just waiting for the button to be pressed.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Absolutely superb weekend from the newly-named Sann Clan.

I had 6 pretty close games, which is always satisfying - NorthernKnight's undead, BigBelcher's lizards, waddywoo's Norse, JimmyJazz's Necro, radster's Pro Elves and Hogshine's humans - 6 different races, and I think 5 new opponents. Awesome stuff, and my Chaos have stayed above 150. Time to put them back in the box for a while!

More importantly, the boys had a great time and were warmly welcomed by all.

Linus (Enderman) played ShipleyDancingman, Itchen, Campsbell, DaPiranha, Nobby and then took part in the loudest Pumpkinbowl in history. Alex (aka Dementor) played someone who had half a game of BB to his name, and came away with a 2-2 draw, and then DeeTee's Necro, Lycos (2 NAF games v 1012!), Canteloup, Darkson and the aforementioned Pumpkinbowl.

If any of their opponents had any problems, please do drop me a line. It's looking like tournaments are going to be more expensive for me from now on! Will stick my photos on Facebook in a bit (and then send Al a link...)

Thanks again!

Mike

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Another fine weekend, with some weird and wonderful matches, results (and opponents! :p ) Was a little annoyed that my goblins were determined to sunbathe in the opposition Endzone instead of scoring - three times, but it was still fun. All opponents, including a lively elf/dwarf coach in Enderman, were pleasant to play against, and yes that includes Sam.

Notice in Simon's facebook pictures that I'm seen playing both Linus and Frank. The opposite ends of the age range? But both displaying a wonderful enthusiasm to enjoy themselves :D Good times.