BUBBA Bowl II - 28/2/15 - **DaPiranha Wins**

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: BUBBA Bowl II - 28/2/15 - **DaPiranha Wins**

Post by lunchmoney »

Daisy's Disturbing Presence helped in one match as it caused a couple of Fling Fumbles from Hung :)

On my stunty team it was nice to have a non S2 peice and she created a nice diversion for several opponents.

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I thought Daisy was great - keep it for next year, so that people can use them again and I can build a proper one!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

lunchmoney wrote:Daisy's Disturbing Presence helped in one match as it caused a couple of Fling Fumbles from Hung :)
forgot she had that!! otherwise she worked out well, like the S4 Blitz with the risk of loner+No Block!!

next year ill remember my awesome model

Be4ch
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Be4ch »

As I said in my write up, I didn't feel that she offered a lot to my team so really didn't use her. She was there as a sub in case the number of Orcs got too low but aside from one instance where a couple of KO's refused to come back for a drive she spent the day in the reserves. I didn't feel she was game breaking in any way and I didn't mind facing her. Young Sann had a great time ST4 blitzing her against my Orc linemen to try and cause a CAS which he eventually did for his spot prize. It was a good idea to introduce her and had I taken Goblins or something similar I'm fairly certain I would have got more use from her.

I loved the 1.2m TV build. Would have loved it more with the option of taking a couple more skills but that's just me being greedy combined with being not very good with Orcs. Maybe I could have left Varag out and played a more conservative roster but where's the fun in that? I had 1 more RR than Rubick and he came second so I've only my poor coaching skills to blame really.

All-in-all, it was a great day and I really enjoyed it. I would certainly do it again. Thanks for organising it and thanks again to the Hungdonkeyman family for all they did on the day.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

I loved the whole day even if I was flagging towards the tend. Kicking myself though . . . . I'd brought sound effects and used them for the first 2 games (Mooing for Daisy, Captain Pugwash for when my pirate named Ogres did well and Laurel and Hardy for the inevitable failures). The lunch break addled my thinking and I totally forgot about them for matches 3 and 4!

Daisy was great on my Ogre team, she scored all of my touchdowns I think!

My only comment would be that as she was part of them theme of the event . . . . I'd put in a rule where she has to be on the pitch. Seeing Daisy in the dug out was a poor show! Still easy for me to say when she improved my starting 11 !

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

The thing I most enjoyed was the fully stocked buscuit tin I found next to the tea urn oh and the really creamy milk, that was epic although having access to so many brews nearly lead me to piss my pants on more than one occasion :D

Daisy should have been a dirty player (cow)

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Wobert wrote:Daisy was great on my Ogre team, she scored all of my touchdowns I think!
Oh, that reminds me of something else...

I was quite surprised we had 7 Stunty teams out of 30, for those that brought Stunties did Daisy's inclusion in the ruleset play a part in your decision to bring Stunties?

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

Hey all,

Daisy was a very nice touch and did get one CAS late on in a game, but she wasn't the reason for my team choice. I've been meaning to finish painting my goblins for a while and the ruleset did give them a bit of a leg up. The tourney was a massive incentive to get the team finished.

No issues with the rules or the venue - it was a bit chilly, but to be honest a hoodie and much Tea sorted that out nicely. Also, it was nicely timed - it fills the South West gap between the Welsh Open and ARBBL.

It was a great tourney Dave - well played.

ct
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Loki wrote:I was quite surprised we had 7 Stunty teams out of 30, for those that brought Stunties did Daisy's inclusion in the ruleset play a part in your decision to bring Stunties?
Nope. I really just wanted as many Side Stepping, annoying little gits, as possible, and Stunty Lizards was the best way :lol:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Merrick
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Merrick »

Daisy was the main reason I chosen Ogres. Not gonna be able to get 17 players on the roster any other way!

.....not that it helped. :D

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

I was a bit surprised not to see more elves/skaven. Thought Daisy giving elves a free bench would have been of interest (i'd have probably run skaven if I hadnt sold them a month before!). For me Daisy was a zombie-like - there for when I needed someone additional to put the boot in or for defending OTT. I liked 1.2m and thought the lack of skills was a good trade off for more stars being involved. Would play again :)