BaWSH Bowl II @ The NoVA Open Sept 4th and 5th, Arlington VA

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

bastion01
Experienced
Experienced

BaWSH Bowl II @ The NoVA Open Sept 4th and 5th, Arlington VA

Post by bastion01 »

Announcing TWO full length, NAF Sanctioned Tournaments at the NoVA Open for 2015!

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at National Airport
2799 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, VA 22202, US
(There is special Convention booking through novaopen.com)

BaWSH Bowl II: Slaughterday! at The NoVA Open
Saturday, September 5th, Check-in : 8:30am

This is a full day of head-knocking, bone-breaking BloodBowl goodness.
Can you take the title of Champion and claim your rigtful reward? Honor, bragging rights and prizes await you.

Darkness Fouls... at The NoVA Open
Friday, September 4th & Saturday, September 5th
Friday(Sept 4th) & Saturday(Sept 5th) - Check-in: 8:30pm

This is the tourney your momma warned you about. When the sun goes down and bribes flow freely.
This is a Four game, Swiss pairing tournament using a specalized Kickoff table and begins at night for anyone whom just couldn't make it to the Day-Long Tournament. The games are also split between two nights so that each coach can claim some measure of beauty rest between bouts of dice rolling and convention frolicking.
If you spent the day fighting for(or against) The Emperor then we're here for you. The other four games not bring you your fill of crushing skulls and scoring Touchdowns? Step on up and see if you can dominate both Tournaments at the NoVA Open.

BOTH of these events use the same rules for Team Construction:
You get Four games(Swiss pairing) using a special themed Kickoff Table(detailed in the 'primer' at novaopen.com).
Injuries and casualties do not carry over: Each game will begin with your roster in exactly the same state you created it.

ALL 21 GW Teams plus the 3 Additional Teams are valid and welcome!(Slann, Chaos Pact, Underworld)

Teams can be built using up to 1,100,000gp.
Coaches may choose ONE of the bonus skill-packs to assign extra perks and skills to their team after the roster is created.

Single Tourny Event Price: $20
New This Year! NoVA Open Event pricing includes a -$5 discount to each additional event joined.
NoVA Open Day pass: $20 / NoVA Open All Access pass: $40

Full Tournament Details(primer) and Registration now open! at http://www.novaopen.com

Please feel free to contact me via PM or directly at:
bawshbowl@digitalsaint.com or novaopen@gmail.com
(apologies for neglecting to put the dates in the heading)

Reason: ''
bastion01
Experienced
Experienced

Re: BaWSH Bowl II @ The NoVA Open Sept 4th and 5th, Arlingto

Post by bastion01 »

Hello Everyone!
I'm certain most of us have all the teams we can possibly handle but not all of us do.
Inclusion abd variety are part of what makes BloodBowl so much fun and I wanted to get this word out there...

I plan to have multiple teams painted and ready to use on-site for anyone interested.
If you've forgotten yours or it gets lost in-transit or you just can't stay away you have no excuses!
They'll be entirely different Races also so you can choose which best suits your play style or something completely different than you may have played before.
Contact me as soon as you know you'll want to use one or just step right up the day-of and we'll make sure you have everything you need.
bawshbowl@digitalsaint.com or novaopen@gmail.com
or just Message me here...

Please remember to check the Primer to ensure you have the latest version from:
http://digitalsaint.com/bawsh/
http://www.novaopen.com

bastion01
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bastion01 »

BloodBowl fans!
Take a look at one of the teams We'll have available this year!

http://imgur.com/a/j8D4o
(2xThrowers, 2xCatchers/Runners, 2xWerewolves, 2xBlitzers, 8xLinemen)

The Norse are stepping up first: Fully painted and ready to go.
There's plenty of models for a solid 1.1mil gp team in a variety of configurations.
I'll have an official team list prepared for use on the spot but you can certainly make your own if you want to personalize.
If you want to field these Meade swilling bad boys just let us know.
On-Deck: Chaos!

Registration has been up and rolling for a while. Don't forget to sign up before the goodie bags run out!
There's a lot to enjoy during the weekend other than just rolling dice and head smashing.
The Vendor hall is always hopping. The seminar's, speakers and workshops cover a wide range of topics and then there's the NoVA Open Charity Lounge all
convention goers are welcome to enjoy.

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Nice touch, having teams available. It might get some of the online players there. I would suggest posting to the Cyanide forums that this is going on.

I had a great time last year. Me and my mates will be back again this year.

One question, your wording about playing both events is a little confusing. Is it $40 + $20 + $15 = $75 ($5 off additional event)? Or is it $40 + $15 + $15 = $70 (25% off)? Not that $5 will make that much of a difference, just want clarification.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
bastion01
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bastion01 »

mzukerman wrote:Nice touch, having teams available. It might get some of the online players there. I would suggest posting to the Cyanide forums that this is going on.
I had a great time last year. Me and my mates will be back again this year.
One question, your wording about playing both events is a little confusing. Is it $40 + $20 + $15 = $75 ($5 off additional event)? Or is it $40 + $15 + $15 = $70 (25% off)? Not that $5 will make that much of a difference, just want clarification.
Fantastic! It'll be great to see everyone again.
and thanks for the advice - I'll do just that.
We had lots of people wander by with questions and much curiosity last year. I'm hoping to give anyone interested a chance to play and maybe hook a few new fanatics.

Signing up for both BloodBowl events would knock $5 off each(for a total of -$10).
Similar discounts are being applied to seminars and some of the other events as well.
Thank you for asking. These nuances can get awefully muddled.

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

OK, I'm registered for the two NAF tournaments. Is Rummery in again? Have you reached out to the DUBBL guys yet? I'll post on their facebook site. Also the Virginia site.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Empire Cup
bastion01
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bastion01 »

mzukerman wrote:OK, I'm registered for the two NAF tournaments. Is Rummery in again? Have you reached out to the DUBBL guys yet? I'll post on their facebook site. Also the Virginia site.
Fantastic!
I have not yet heard from individuals but to be fair all but one or two people last year waited till the day-of to register.

By all means...Please spread the word as much and as far as you can.
I was not aware the DUBBL crew had a facebook presence.
I'll have to ramp up my Media Blitz...

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

It looks like we may get the world famous Gaixo to the tournament. I need to sharpen my skills... you know, impress him so that I can bask in his Blood Bowl gory (letter omission intended).

Oh and btw, I'm avoiding the Nurgle this year. That was a disaster last year!

libloodbowl on Twitter
Empire Cup
bastion01
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bastion01 »

mzukerman wrote:It looks like we may get the world famous Gaixo to the tournament. I need to sharpen my skills... you know, impress him so that I can bask in his Blood Bowl gory (letter omission intended).

Oh and btw, I'm avoiding the Nurgle this year. That was a disaster last year!
Score! I've been looking forward to meeting him.
We've messaged some via naf.net(that'll happen when you're the tourny coordinator...).

You should avoid Nurgle.....I should avoid Nurgle...there's somethin not right with that Nurgle guy...
May Nufl smiles upon your dice this year.

bastion01
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bastion01 »

There's another contender team stepping up from the wastes to await your brilliant coaching!
The forces of Chaos have belched forth mangled man-beasts and armored goliaths for glory and mayhem.

Gaze upon them in fear!
http://imgur.com/a/j8D4o#2
That's Three Wariors and Lord Borak(or just four warriors if you prefer) with ten Beastmen...give or take an extra arm or...something.

There will be a valid team list on-hand to use but do feel free to build your own.
Please let us know if you'd like to use this team or know someone who might be interested in doing so.
Who left all this dirt on the floor? Dwarves are on the horizon!

Don't forget the Capital Palette paint competition. These open-use teams may never take top prize but yours might.
There are a great many of us with extraordinarily painted teams. I know there are Bloodbowlers worthy of this competition.
Let's see them!

Just a reminder :
The most up-to-date Primer and all necessary resources can be found here at novaopen.com or digitalsaint.com/bawsh

See you there!

bastion01
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bastion01 »

The NoVA Open and the BaWSH Bowl 2015 is in the books!
My heartfelt thanks to everyone who came out to play or just wandered by with a Thumbs-up.
The Local Dulles League(DUBBL) put in a strong showing as did a crew from Richmond.
We officially DOUBLED our attendance over last year with Sixteen coaches knocking heads in Slaughterday and Twelve duking it out in Darkness Fouls

There were more TIES (DF=2, SD=7) this year than there were coaches last year!
I personally think this is awesome. Everyone brought their A-Game.
The competition was fierce, the games were inspired and the final standings were differentiated by just a few points.

Many of our coaches played in both tournaments(because, why wouldn't you?!)
and the final results came down to this:

- Darkness Fouls -
Tournament Champion: Lawrence C. - High Elf
Runner-Up: Dave A. - Dwarf
Call-a-Lawyer! winner(most casualties): Nathaniel B. - Human
Best Sport: Marc Z. - Amazon

- Slaughterday! -
Tournament Champion: Nate B - Chaos Dwarf
Runner-Up: Nathanial B. - High Elf
Call-a-Lawyer! winner(most casualties): Matthew K. - Undead
Best Sportsman: Logan B. - Lizardmen

Thanks to everyone and I look forward to seeing you again next year!

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Great job as always Mike. I had a blast!

The Bacon Wrapped podcast already posted their synopsis of what went down!

libloodbowl on Twitter
Empire Cup