Auld World Masters *Won by Itchen*

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Auld World Masters *One Space available for this saturda

Post by Wobert »

Unfortunate for Tully but it means I get to play !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reason: ''
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Auld World Masters *Won by Itchen*

Post by Wobert »

Thank you all for coming - I had an excellent time. We'll post the final positions up later when Cornish gets it from his laptop. Until then the winners were -

Overall winner - Itchen (Orcs)
Glowworm Award - Loki (Orcs)
Most Casualties - Hawk (Undead)
Most Touchdowns - Wobert (Pro Elfs)
Star Player Award - Da Piranah (Orcs)
Stunty Cup - Cornish (Halflings)
Wooden Spoon - JohhnyH (Skaven)

Someone has also left a dice bag which I have. Let me know who it is and I can either send it on or give it to you at Exebowl or STARS.

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Thanks for organising and hosting Wobert and a huge thanks to Mrs Wobert for all the great hospitality! and Cornish for his obvious help getting the tournament right.

Really enjoyed the tournament, i had four really enjoyable games and for the first time in years, very possiblye sine ce almost my first tournamnet I played all coaches I had never played before.

Hope everyone gets home safe

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Was a nice tournament with a unique ruleset - the injuries weren't earthshattering but maybe needs tweaking to make the race pool a bit more diverse. Not sure how though.

Great hosting - pat on the back for both you and the wife for admitting a horde of hungry gamers to your place of residence.

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Great value for £6 - food, drink, great coaches, Swealtering sun, trophies and prizes! Congrats to Itch for sweeping the board and being the only one who beat those mighty halflings!

BTW I can't take any credit for organising. I just was foil for Ali to ping some ideas at. All down to Mr and Mrs Wobert!

I think a slight tiering a skill pack may work for AWM II to introduce some variation.

NAF Name: Cornish
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Thanks for the great tourney guys, worked really well. Was sceptical before I got there, but events in homes do work perfectly! Oh and thanks for arranging it so I played both stunty teams hehe

Saying that Cornish was so very close to stoping me and even had a pretty decent shot at winning the whole thing if the crowd throw-in hadnt gone in my favour. Those flings were a constant harassment :) Respect to that man. And indeed to all my opponents, was a pleasure playing them all.

With regards to next time round, perhaps a more race specific set of injuries? Took orcs as I was mainly able to place the injuries on players where it would/should have little effect. That or the tiered effect mentioned above.

Or if you're willing to change the format completely, a regular roster format but in 2 of the 4 matches you and your opponent swap teams :D

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

From my perspective, tiering by giving some of the races extra skills without penalty would make me reconsider the choice or give them a 'joker' to avoid one of the injuries in one of the rounds could work.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

As I said yesterday, all feedback is welcome.

I think we will definitely introduce some kind of tiering next time. Most likely it will be to give teams like Orcs very few starting skills. We will keep the injuries theme but it may also be tweaked.

AWM II will also have a new star player. Big Gunn Schonn enjoyed his time in the spot light but he will shuffle off into obscurity once more. Next time another old and forgotten Star Player will be back . . . . but which one?

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

As well as the full dice bag I also appear to have a rolled up board in a cardboard tube that someone has left behind.

Part of me would like to invoke the age of rule of 'finders keepers' but decency says I should let whoever they belong to have them back.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Really enjoyed it.

I think your going to need a bigger venue next year!!

Please pass on Hawk's apologies for trying to gas your good lady!!

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Al,

Thank you and Net for hosting a great little tourney.
Thoroughly enjoyed the games, being rogered by halflings, and the fantastic chilli.

Well played itch, grats for the sweep.

As far as tweaks go: I think that tiering the teams will go a long way to correcting any perceived greenskin bias.
Just give necro more starting skills and that should do it.

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Wobert wrote:As I said yesterday, all feedback is welcome.

I think we will definitely introduce some kind of tiering next time. Most likely it will be to give teams like Orcs very few starting skills. We will keep the injuries theme but it may also be tweaked.

AWM II will also have a new star player. Big Gunn Schonn enjoyed his time in the spot light but he will shuffle off into obscurity once more. Next time another old and forgotten Star Player will be back . . . . but which one?
Make it a big guy.
I'm thinking a slightly nerfed mino or similar.

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
Dionysian
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Dionysian »

Tiered injuries may be more thematic than tiered skills.

Also: Lucky Luc!

Rubick
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rubick »

Despite my own performance I really enjoyed the day. You did an excellent job and were super hosts. I look forward to coming again. Grats itchen.

Rubick

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Alas I may have been close(ish) to a draw young Itch (thanks to the delicious smells of our hotpot) - but the tourney win was sealed with you regardless. Pesky bonus points... TDs suit agility, CAS suit bash... and stunty get?

My Miami Dauphinoise were just pleased (shocked) to be at the top table for the final round (and stay ahead of Dio). To be fair we could have gone home happy with our achievement after our opening draw against Loki!

Table below. I haven't uploaded to NAF yet Iit needs the coaches and NAF numbers adding as we had to make a V2 on the morning due to the last minute drop outs) but I have shared the Score! file with Wobert as he's far more organised than me. One of us should be able to do whatever it is we need to do tonight.

....Now just to change Dio's 'goblin' back to 'dwarf'.

;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NAF Name: Cornish