Spike! Magazine Blood Bowl Tournament 29th/30th August 2015

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Spike! Magazine Blood Bowl Tournament 29th/30th August 2015

Post by Blammaham »

The Blood Bowl Major of the Pacific Northwest and the Great White North is back!

http://spiketournament.com/

Spike! 2014 saw another iteration of the British invasion with Geggster, Joemanji, Purplegoo and eventual winner Jimjimmany, all long time tournament veterans who came out to challenge the Pacific North West and all played really well!

Thanks again to our dedicated crews from Edmonton, Calgary, Washington State and Oregon for their continued support! Hope to see you out this year! And it was also great to have Bryan aka Grither from Utah make it out again after winning the Chaos cup.

For those of you unfamiliar with the SPIKE!, the SPIKE! Magazine Blood Bowl Championship is the Canadian Blood Bowl NAF Major. Five "Major" tournments take place annually, each in a different country. They are in chronological order:

1. The Southern Wastes Scrimmage, held each year in January at CanCon in Canberra, Australia.
2. The Dungeonbowl, held each year in March in Duesseldorf, Germany
3. The Blood Bowl (aka NAF Championship), held each year in May at GW HQ in Nottingham, England
4. The Chaos Cup, held this year in early September at the Battle Bunker Chicago, Illinous, USA
5. The Spike! Magazine Trophy, held this year in late August in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

2014 sees the continuance of the one-week-or-no-more-than-a-fortnight policy between NA Majors, where the organizers of the Spike! Magazine and the Chaos Cup host the 2 North American Majors within 1 week of each other. We started this 4 years ago with Tom, with a fortnight between them in the same month. The second year Johnny and General Jason set them 7 days from each other. And this year due to fortune the Majors are back to one week in between for 2015. For those travellers wishing to make it out for a North American Major now you can try to make it out to both of them in one trip!

Things that have been added or changed from last year's event:

1)Team build rules have changed! Please see the updated rules under the "Spike! teams" at http://spiketournament.com/?page_id=18 on the Spike! tournament site at http://spiketournament.com/

WE ARE NO LONGER PLAYING AT THE PACIFIC INN. OUR NEW HOME IS SAPPERTON PENSIONERS HALL, 318 Keary Street, New Westminster
Spike! Magazine 2014 Blood Bowl Grand Tournament
Dates: Saturday, August 29, and Sunday, August 30, 2015

Address: 318 Keary Street, New Westminster

Time: 8AM Registration Saturday

Email: thunder-bowl@hotmail.com or PM me (blammaham) here.
Web: http://spiketournament.com/

Additional Information:
- $45 non-NAF pre-registration, or $50 at the door
- $40 NAF member pre-registration
- 6-game Swiss Resurrection TV 120
- Door prizes from local and online stores
- 2015 sign-up giveaway to be announced

Stay tuned for any new developments in this thread. Any questions feel free to post away and looking forward to seeing some more of you on the other side of the pitch.

Thanks and I hope to see you out at this year Spike! S.

Reason: ''
Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
MaD975
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Spike! Magazine Blood Bowl Tournament 29th/30th August 2

Post by MaD975 »

Hi Bloodbowlers!

What's wonderful surprise this tourney! !!!
For the people that are hospitable and kindly
Too many for my 4mb memory ti remember all names, my apologies, but i would like to thanks everybody from the Thunderbowlers to the players for let me feeled at home.

I loved too Vancouver!
And at the moment I'm walking and losting inside downtown streets under the rain with a smile on the face.

My world tour wasn't only for playing BB but even to take a look around the world seeking something good place where transfer and seek something better for myself.
In my personal wish list this country reached the second place (sorry guys...at the moment nothing had beat New Zealand) and surely I'll write to everyone i known here.

In anycase... I'll like to back next year
This isn't a promise... But surely I'll TRY to back

Thanks you!!!
Matteo
Aka
The BRINGER OF RAIN

Reason: ''